Are you researching cheaper auto insurance rates in Phoenix, AZ? Phoenix drivers have many options when trying to find the lowest priced Volvo XC70 insurance. You can either waste hours struggling with agents to get rate comparisons or utilize the internet to find the lowest rates.
There are more efficient ways to find auto insurance online and you need to know the best way to get price quotes for your Volvo and obtain the cheapest rates from both online companies and Phoenix agents.
It’s a good habit to shop coverage around on a regular basis due to the fact that insurance prices tend to go up over time. Even if you got the best deal on Volvo XC70 insurance in Phoenix a few years ago you may be paying too much now. There is too much inaccurate information about XC70 insurance on the internet, but in just a couple of minutes you can learn a bunch of ideas how to put money back in your pocket.
If you have a policy now or are looking for a new policy, use these cost-cutting techniques to save money and possibly find even better coverage. This article’s intent is to let you in on the best methods to compare rates. Vehicle owners only need an understanding of the least time-consuming way to compare prices instantly.
Finding more affordable Volvo XC70 auto insurance quotes is surprisingly easy. All that’s required is to take a couple of minutes to compare rate quotes to find the company with cheaper Phoenix car insurance quotes.
The companies in the list below provide price comparisons in Arizona. If the list has multiple companies, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XC70 3.2 AWD Station Wagon||$172||$326||$440||$26||$132||$1,096||$91|
|XC70 T6 AWD 4-Dr||$230||$418||$346||$20||$104||$1,118||$93|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Rate information does not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can increase or decrease rates considerably.
Liability only or full coverage
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Volvo XC70 insurance prices with full coverage and liability only. The costs are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, married female driver, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to stop paying for full coverage
There isn’t a written rule that is best for determining when to drop full coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than about 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Volvo XC70 replacement cost is $5,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $4,000 after you pay the deductible. If premium cost is more than $400 a year to have full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some situations where removing full coverage is not in your best interest. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Take policy discounts and save on Volvo XC70 insurance in Phoenix
Insurance is not inexpensive, but companies offer discounts that may help make it more affordable. Certain discounts will be applied when you purchase, but some may not be applied and must be requested specifically before they will apply.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying insurance for all your vehicles with the same insurance company could earn a price break for each car.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Policyholders that allow companies to spy on driving manner remotely such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system may see discounts if they are good drivers.
- Sign Online – Some of the larger companies will provide an incentive just for signing your application over the internet.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings of 20% or more.
- Drivers Education – Have your child take driver’s ed class in high school.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control are much safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Mature Driver Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens are able to get a slight reduction on a Phoenix car insurance quote.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not really a discount, but companies like GEICO, Progressive, and Allstate will turn a blind eye to one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you are claim-free before the accident.
- Clubs and Organizations – Having an affiliation with a qualifying organization can get you a small discount on your next insurance statement.
- Full Payment Discount – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Auto insurance companies that have many of the previously listed discounts are:
When getting free Phoenix car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each company which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts listed above may not apply in your area. To see companies who offer discounts in Phoenix, click here.
Three good reasons to insure your XC70
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Volvo XC70 in Phoenix, maintaining insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Volvo XC70 has a loan, almost every bank will have a requirement that you have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Volvo at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Volvo XC70 but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Volvo gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially for larger claims. An average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $850 per year so it’s important to compare rates at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When it comes to buying a policy, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Every situation is different.
For example, these questions might point out if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- Does my Volvo XC70 qualify for pleasure use?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Insurance agents can help
Certain consumers still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. Professional agents can make sure you are properly covered and help file insurance claims. The best thing about comparing auto insurance online is you can get cheaper car insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent. And providing support for local insurance agents is definitely important in Phoenix.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), the quote information is transmitted to participating agents in Phoenix who will give you quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. In the event you want to compare prices for a specific company, feel free to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
If you want to buy auto insurance from a local agent, you should know the different types of agencies that you can choose from. Auto insurance agencies may be either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both write auto insurance policies, but it’s a good idea to understand the difference between them since it could factor into buying decisions.
Agents in the independent channel do not sell for just one brand so they can write business with an assortment of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If prices rise, they simply move the coverage in-house without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparison shopping, you will definitely want to include price quotes from a few independent agents for maximum quote selection. Many independent agencies also insure through companies you’ve never heard of that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
Listed below is a partial list of independent agents in Phoenix that may be able to give you price quote information.
- Travelers Insurance
22601 N 19th Ave #216 – Phoenix, AZ 85027 – (623) 572-0032 – View Map
- Best Buy Insurance
3917 S Central Ave – Phoenix, AZ 85040 – (602) 268-2548 – View Map
- General Southwest Insurance Agency
5628 E Thomas Rd – Phoenix, AZ 85018 – (480) 990-1900 – View Map
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide one company’s prices and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to place coverage with different providers so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers often buy from exclusive agents primarily because of the brand legacy rather than low price.
The following are exclusive insurance agencies in Phoenix that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Jerry Wood – State Farm Insurance Agent
3738 E Thomas Rd – Phoenix, AZ 85018 – (602) 955-3284 – View Map
- Douglas Cheung – State Farm Insurance Agent
2600 N 44th St #110 – Phoenix, AZ 85008 – (602) 840-6655 – View Map
- Nichole Schaffer – State Farm Insurance Agent
2612 N 7th St – Phoenix, AZ 85006 – (602) 439-7000 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?