Having to pay for expensive car insurance in Phoenix can draw down your funds and force you to prioritize other expenses. Doing a rate analysis is recommended to lower your bills every month.
It’s amazing but the vast majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for over three years, and 38% of drivers have never taken the time to shop around. With the average car insurance premium being $1,578, Arizona drivers could save nearly 50% each year just by getting comparison quotes, but most undervalue how much savings they would realize if they switch to a new company.
Due to the large number of insurance companies to choose from that have cheap insurance for a Volvo S90 in Phoenix, it can be impossible to locate the most affordable company.
Compare quotes for Phoenix Volvo S90 insurance
To find the best auto insurance quotes, there are several ways to compare rate quotes from lots of Arizona auto insurance companies. By far the easiest way to find competitive Volvo S90 insurance rates is simply to get online rate quotes.
Comparison shopping rate quotes online is easy and it replaces the need to drive around to different Phoenix agent offices. Doing it all online eliminates this option unless you require the peace of mind that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. You can, however, comparison shop online but have your policy serviced through an agent. Keep in mind that obtaining a wide range of quotes increases the chance that you will find more affordable insurance. Some companies don’t provide price estimates online, so it’s important to also get price quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Phoenix, AZ. If the list has multiple companies, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Save money on Volvo S90 insurance in Phoenix with these discounts
Companies don’t always publicize all discounts very clearly, so below is a list a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Phoenix auto insurance online.
- Claim-Free Discount – Claim-free drivers have much lower rates as compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Early Signing – Some insurance companies reward drivers for buying a policy prior to the expiration date on your current S90 insurance policy. It could save around 10% when you buy Phoenix auto insurance online.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your entire bill at once instead of making monthly payments you can actually save on your bill.
- Military Discounts – Having a deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving less may allow you to get lower prices on the low mileage vehicles.
- Save over 55 – If you’re over the age of 55, you may be able to get a discount up to 10%.
- Telematics Data Discounts – People who choose to allow driving data submission to look at where and when they drive by using a telematics device like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot might get better premium rates if they are good drivers.
- Discount for Good Grades – Excelling in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The discount lasts until age 25.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car model is cheaper due to better safety requirements for newer models.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Insurance carriers who offer life insurance give a discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
A little note about advertised discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like it’s possible to get free car insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. Any qualifying discounts will lower your premiums.
Larger auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts are shown below.
- State Farm offers discounts for driver’s education, anti-theft, safe vehicle, good driver, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Progressive includes discounts for online signing, good student, continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online quote discount, online signing, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including accident-free, claim-free, multi-policy, defensive driver, and good student.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for good student, youthful driver, renewal discount, driver training, safe driver, and multi-policy.
- GEICO may have discounts that include daytime running lights, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, military active duty, anti-lock brakes, good student, and emergency military deployment.
- SAFECO may include discounts for anti-theft, bundle discounts, homeowner, multi-car, and anti-lock brakes.
Before buying, ask each company or agent how you can save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered in Phoenix. If you would like to view insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Phoenix, click here.
Smart Consumers Can Cut Their Insurance Premiums
Multiple criteria are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, although others are less apparent like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility.
Listed below are some of the major factors that factor into premiums.
- Prices for males may be higher – Statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean females are better drivers. They both have fender benders at a similar rate, but men tend to have more serious accidents. Men also tend to receive more major tickets such as DWI and reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 tend to get in the most accidents and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- Infrequent drivers can save – Driving a lot of miles in a year’s time the more you will pay for auto insurance. A lot of companies calculate rates based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks that are left in the garage can get a lower rate than those that get driven frequently. Ask your agent if your policy properly reflects annual mileage. Improper usage on your S90 is just wasting money.
- Raising deductibles saves money – Your deductibles are the amount of money the insured will be required to pay before a claim is paid by your company. Insurance for physical damage to your car, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, insures against damage to your car. Some examples of covered claims are colliding with a stationary object, hail damage, and having a roll-over accident. The more you have to pay, the less money you will pay for auto insurance.
- The type of vehicle makes a difference – The performance level of the vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a significant difference in the rate you pay. The best insurance prices are for smaller low performance passenger cars, but there are many factors that impact the final cost. Due to the fact that the Volvo S90 is considered a luxury sedan, insuring your vehicle will cost more compared to average rates in Phoenix.
- Rates can drop if you have more than one policy – Lots of insurers give lower prices to insureds who have multiple policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, drivers will still want to compare Volvo S90 rates in Phoenix to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Prices may be higher where you live – Being located in a rural area may provide you with better prices when shopping for auto insurance. Urban drivers have more aggressive driving styles and longer commute times. Less people living in that area corresponds to lower accident rates in addition to fewer liability claims.
- Better auto insurance rates for uninterrupted coverage – Driving without insurance is a big no-no and any future policy may cost more because you let your insurance coverage expire. In addition to paying higher premiums, getting caught without coverage may result in fines and jail time. You may have to file a SR-22 with the Arizona DMV.
Compare rate quotes but work with a neighborhood Phoenix auto insurance agent
Some consumers still like to sit down with an agent and doing that can be a smart decision The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and also buy local.
Upon completion of this quick form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Phoenix who will give you bids to get your business. There is no need to contact any agents as quotes are delivered instantly to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you want to compare rates from a specific company, feel free to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Deciding on an insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a low price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Does their agency support local causes in Phoenix?
Insurance agent types
When looking for a reliable insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Car insurance agencies can either be exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents are contracted to one company like Allstate and State Farm. They usually cannot provide other company’s prices so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies are very knowledgeable in insurance sales which aids in selling service over price.
Listed below are Phoenix exclusive agencies that can give you price quote information.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent agents are not required to write business for one company so they can quote policies amongst many companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move the coverage in-house and you stay with the same agent. When comparing car insurance prices, we highly recommend that you include a couple of independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Below is a list of independent agents in Phoenix that are able to give comparison quotes.
Don’t listen to company ads
Companies like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive endlessly run ads on TV and radio. They all have a common claim that you’ll save big if you just switch your coverage. How does every company sell you cheaper insurance coverage? Here is how they do it.
Insurance companies look for specific characteristics for the type of insured that will generate a profit. A good example of a desirable risk might have to be over the age of 35, is a homeowner, and has excellent credit. Anybody who fits that profile will get the preferred rates in Phoenix and will also save some money.
Drivers who do not meet this stringent profile will probably be forced to pay a higher premium and ends up with the prospect going elsewhere. The trick is to say “customers who switch” not “all people who quote” save the amount stated. That is how companies can truthfully make claims that they all have the best rates. Because each company has a different risk profile, you need to compare rate quotes every year. You cannot predict which company will give you the biggest savings.
More comparisons equals cheap rates
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped collision coverage to discover at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price.
We just showed you many ways to compare Volvo S90 insurance premium rates in Phoenix. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the best premium rates are with the smaller companies. These companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
More detailed insurance information is available in these articles:
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much is Phoenix Auto Insurance After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Teenage Males in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Phoenix Auto Insurance Rates for 4×4 Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)