How long has it been since you sat down and looked for lower-priced insurance rates in Phoenix, AZ? Phoenix consumers have a choice when looking for affordable Volvo S60 insurance. They can either spend hours struggling with agents to get rate comparisons or use the internet to compare rates. There is a right way and a wrong way to find insurance online so you’re going to learn the best way to quote coverages on a Volvo and find the lowest price.
A recent survey discovered that the vast majority of drivers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and 38% of customers have never quoted insurance rates at all. Drivers in the U.S. can save hundreds of dollars each year just by shopping around, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to save money by comparing rate quotes.
Do you qualify for discounts on Volvo S60 insurance in Phoenix?
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always list all available discounts very clearly, so the list below contains a few of the more common and the more hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Putting coverage on a new S60 is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Cautious Drivers – Drivers without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Phoenix car insurance quote as compared to drivers with claims.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking part in a defensive driver course can save you 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Telematics Devices – Insureds who allow their auto insurance company to spy on driving manner by installing a telematics device such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive might see lower rates if their driving habits are good.
- Accident Free – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims can earn big discounts when compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being on active deployment in the military could be rewarded with lower auto insurance rates.
- Multi-line Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with a break if you buy a life policy as well.
- Multiple Vehicles – Insuring several vehicles with the same company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Online Discount – Some of the larger companies will give you a small discount just for signing your application on their website.
Drivers should understand that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
A list of companies and their possible discounts are included below.
- AAA discounts include education and occupation, multi-policy, pay-in-full, good student, good driver, anti-theft, and multi-car.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for homeowner, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, multi-policy, good student, and online signing.
- State Farm includes discounts for safe vehicle, good student, good driver, anti-theft, and multiple autos.
- Esurance offers discounts for emergency road assistance, online shopper, claim free, defensive driver, Pac-12 alumni, multi-car, and safety device.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for family plan, good student, business or organization, multi-policy, easy pay, and defensive driving.
When getting free Phoenix car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each company which credits you are entitled to. Some credits might not be available to policyholders in Phoenix. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Phoenix, click here.
Getting a cheaper price on Volvo S60 insurance doesn’t have to be difficult. All you need to do is spend a little time comparing rates to discover which company has affordable Phoenix car insurance quotes.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Arizona. If multiple providers are shown, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Lower the Price of Insurance with These Tips
Many factors are used when pricing auto insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as traffic violations, although others are not as apparent such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are.
Listed below are most of the major factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your prices.
- Your occupation is a factor – Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Jobs such as fire fighters, police officers, and stock brokers tend to have higher rates than average due to intense work requirements and incredibly demanding work hours. On the flip side, jobs like scientists, athletes and the unemployed get better rates.
- Lower premiums with continuous insurance coverage – Not maintaining insurance is a misdemeanor and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance lapse for non-payment. Not only will rates go up, not being able to provide proof of insurance could earn you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Where you live is a factor – Having an address in a small town may provide you with better prices when buying insurance. Fewer people translates into fewer accident claims and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. People in densely populated areas have to deal with much more traffic and a longer drive to work. The longer drive time means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
- Car plus home equals more savings – Most insurance companies give better rates for people who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can amount to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even if you qualify for this discount already, drivers will still want to get quotes from other companies to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Cars with good safety ratings cost less to insure – Safe vehicles tend to have better insurance rates. Vehicles engineered for safety have better occupant injury protection and any reduction in injury severity translates directly to fewer claims and more competitive rates for policyholders. If the Volvo S60 is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it may be receiving lower rates.
- High coverage deductibles save money – Insurance for physical damage to your car, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Some coverage claims are a windshield shattered by a rock, hitting a deer, or theft. The deductibles you choose define the amount you are willing to pay before your insurance pays a claim. The more damage repair cost you have to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Teenagers are high risk – Mature drivers are more cautious drivers, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are generally more financially stable.Youthful drivers are proven to be more careless with other occupants in the car so they pay higher insurance rates.
- Performance impacts insurance premiums – The performance level of the car you drive makes a huge difference in your premium level. The cheapest insurance rates are usually found on lower cost passenger models, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price. Since the Volvo S60 falls in the compact car class, insuring your vehicle will cost the same to a little lower as compared to the average rate in Phoenix.
- Volvo S60 statistical loss data – Insurance companies take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle when setting rates for each model. Vehicles that historically have higher claim amounts or frequency will have a higher cost to insure. The information below illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Volvo S60 vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles averaged together is a value of 100. Values that are below 100 indicate better than average losses, while percentage values above 100 show a trend for more claims or statistically larger losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Volvo S60 Vehicles
Specific Volvo Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volvo S60 4dr 2WD 103 85 83 76 72 65 Volvo S60 4dr 4WD 111 73 90 65 66
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Buying from auto insurance agents
Certain consumers would prefer to sit down with an agent and that is just fine! Agents can help you build your policy and will help you if you have claims. One of the benefits of comparing auto insurance online is the fact that you can find cheaper prices and also buy local.
By using this simple form, your insurance data is emailed to companies in Phoenix who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to find an agent as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. If you want to quote rates from a specific company, feel free to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Finding a good insurance company should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. The following questions are important to ask.
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
The following is a short list of car insurance companies in Phoenix that can give you comparison quotes for Volvo S60 insurance in Phoenix.
- Marcella Busto – State Farm?? Insurance Agent
3401 N 32nd St B – Phoenix, AZ 85018 – (602) 955-5450 – View Map
- Gunther Perdomo Llana – State Farm Insurance Agent
2040 E Bell Rd #110 – Phoenix, AZ 85022 – (602) 971-8488 – View Map
- Jim Nork – State Farm Insurance Agent
1600 W Camelback Rd #1a – Phoenix, AZ 85015 – (602) 222-9400 – View Map
- Llyrena Sherwood – State Farm Insurance Agent
3415 W Glendale Ave #7 – Phoenix, AZ 85051 – (602) 368-9102 – View Map
Why you need vehicle insurance in Arizona
Even though Phoenix S60 insurance rates can get expensive, insurance is required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your S60 has a loan, most banks will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may insure your Volvo at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your Volvo S60 and your personal assets. It will also cover medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying insurance more than cancel out the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. The average driver in Arizona is overpaying more than $865 each year so you should quote and compare rates once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Cheap insurance premiums are out there
Cheaper insurance in Phoenix can be found online and with local Phoenix insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies do not offer online quoting and many times these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies.
As you quote Phoenix car insurance, don’t be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your objective should be to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
We just presented a lot of techniques to get a better price on Volvo S60 insurance in Phoenix. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the best price on insurance is with a small local company.
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- How Much are Phoenix Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry? (FAQ)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)