Finding better insurance prices for a Volkswagen Golf SportWagen in Arizona can normally be difficult, but you can follow the following methods to find lower rates. There is a right way and a wrong way to buy insurance and we’ll show you the absolute fastest way to get price quotes on a Volkswagen and get the lowest price.
If you already have coverage or just want cheaper coverage, you can use this information to get lower rates and still get good coverage. Finding the best car insurance in Phoenix is not as confusing as people think. Consumers only have to learn the most efficient way to shop their coverage around from many different companies.
Cheap Volkswagen insurance price quotes in Phoenix
The providers in the list below can provide quotes in Arizona. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Discounts for lower-cost car insurance quotes
Some insurance providers don’t always list their entire list of discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has a few of the more well known and the more hidden ways to save on car insurance.
- Safe Drivers – Safe drivers can save as much as half off their rates than less cautious drivers.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few larger companies allow discounts for switching policies before your current coverage expires. You may see this discount when you get Phoenix car insurance quotes online.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Maintaining low annual mileage may enable drivers to earn lower premium rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Paperwork-free – Some of the larger companies will give you a small discount simply for signing online.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Options like air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings up to 30%.
Just know that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way.
A list of car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are:
- GEICO includes discounts for emergency military deployment, defensive driver, daytime running lights, military active duty, and anti-theft.
- Mercury Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including location of vehicle, good driver, professional/association, ease of repair, good student, and type of vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for early shopping, mature driver, switch companies, youthful driver, and homeowner.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers premium reductions for multiple vehicles, group or association, teen driver, safe vehicle, and anti-lock brakes.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include safety features, new graduate, newly married, new move discount, preferred payment discount, multi-car, and newly retired.
- SAFECO offers discounts for homeowner, anti-theft, accident prevention training, drive less, anti-lock brakes, and teen safe driver.
- Progressive discounts include multi-vehicle, good student, continuous coverage, online quote discount, homeowner, multi-policy, and online signing.
- USAA may include discounts for good student, annual mileage, family discount, vehicle storage, loyalty savings, and military installation.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts may not apply to policyholders in your state. To find insurance companies with significant discounts in Phoenix, follow this link.
Choices You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Rates
When buying car insurance it’s important to understand some of the factors that help calculate your car insurance rates. When consumers understand what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that will entitle you to cheaper rates.
The items below are just a few of the factors that factor into rates.
Too many insurance claims will drive prices up – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can expect much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Insurance companies in Arizona award discounts to people who are claim-free. Your insurance policy is intended for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
How do annual miles impact rates? – The higher the mileage driven every year the higher your rate. The majority of insurers price each vehicle’s coverage determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks that sit idle most of the time cost less to insure compared to those used for work or business. It’s a smart idea to ensure your car insurance declarations sheet correctly shows the correct usage, because it can save money. Incorrect rating for your Golf SportWagen may be wasting your money.
Do males or females drive better? – Statistics demonstrate females are less aggressive when driving. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. They both tend to get into accidents at about the same rate, but the males have costlier accidents. Men also get ticketed for serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Teenage male drivers generally have the highest accident percentage and therefore have the most expensive car insurance rates.
Getting married reduces risk – Having a wife or husband may cut your premiums on car insurance. Having a spouse is viewed as being more mature and insurance companies reward insureds because drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Comparing prices from local Phoenix insurance agents
Many drivers just prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is OK! Good insurance agents can answer important questions and help you file claims. A nice benefit of comparing auto insurance online is the fact that drivers can get better rates and also buy local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area that can provide free Phoenix car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent to your email. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific company, feel free to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing an provider needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. Agents should be asked these questions:
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Phoenix?
- Where are claims handled?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
If you’re trying to find a reliable agent, it helps to know the two different agency structures to choose from. Auto insurance policy providers are classified as either exclusive or independent. Either can insure your vehicles, but it’s good to learn the differences since it can affect the selection process.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents generally can only insure with one company and examples are Allstate and State Farm. These agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. Drivers often purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to high brand loyalty rather than having low rates.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Phoenix that are able to give price quotes.
- Brian Stevens – State Farm Insurance Agent
21043 N Cave Creek Rd A12 – Phoenix, AZ 85024 – (602) 569-6600 – View Map
- Eric Hamilton – State Farm Insurance Agent
10265 W Camelback Rd #120 – Phoenix, AZ 85037 – (623) 848-3048 – View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
9515 W Camelback Rd #134 – Phoenix, AZ 85037 – (602) 234-3426 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents are normally appointed by many insurers so as a result can place your coverage through many different auto insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If they quote lower rates, they simply switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent. When comparing auto insurance prices, we highly recommend that you get some free quotes from at least one independent agent so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most independent agents also contract with smaller mutual companies which can save you money.
Shown below are Phoenix independent insurance agencies who can help you get price quote information.
- Daniels Nicolson Insurance Agency, Inc
4411 N 19th Ave – Phoenix, AZ 85015 – (800) 972-1893 – View Map
- American Premier Insurance Agency
16815 S Desert Foothills Pkwy #140 – Phoenix, AZ 85048 – (480) 423-3444 – View Map
- Oasis Insurance
317 N 19th Ave – Phoenix, AZ 85009 – (602) 233-5500 – View Map
Switch companies and save? Really?
Consumers in Arizona can’t avoid all the ads that claim the cheapest rates from the likes of State Farm, GEICO and Progressive. They all make the same claim that drivers will save a bundle after switching your car insurance policy to them.
How is it plausible that every one can say the same thing? Just pay attention to how they say it.
Insurance providers have specific criteria for the type of driver that earns them the most money. For example, a profitable customer may be between 25 and 40, has no claims, and drives a lower-performance vehicle. Any driver that hits that “sweet spot” will get low rates and will most likely save a lot on Phoenix Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance if they switch.
Potential customers who fall outside those criteria will have to pay higher rates and this results in the customer buying from someone else. The trick is to say “drivers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much. That’s the way insurance companies can confidently make it sound like they have such great prices. Because every company is different, you need to compare as many free Phoenix car insurance quotes as you can. Because you never know which company will have the lowest rate quotes.
Find affordable car insurance prices by comparing often
Cheap Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Phoenix can be sourced on the web and from local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent insurance agents.
Consumers leave their current company for many reasons like policy cancellation, unfair underwriting practices, extreme rates for teen drivers and even delays in paying claims. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding the right car insurance provider is easier than you think.
We just presented some good ideas how you can compare Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance premium rates in Phoenix. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest premium rates come from some of the lesser-known companies.
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for College Students in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Phoenix Auto Insurance for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)