Are you kicking yourself for buying an expensive car insurance policy? Believe me when I say many Phoenix drivers have buyer’s remorse.
Sad but true, the majority of drivers have purchased from the same company for well over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared car insurance rates at all. The average driver in Phoenix can save 50% each year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t invest the time required to compare rates online. Lots of auto insurance companies contend to insure your vehicles, so it can be very hard to choose a insurer to discover the definitive best price available on Toyota Yaris iA insurance in Phoenix.
The quickest method to compare insurance rates from multiple companies utilizes the fact all the major auto insurance companies allow for online access to give you rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide a small amount of information like whether you have decent credit, the year, make and model of vehicles, how old drivers are, and whether you drive to work or school. Your rating data gets transmitted to multiple companies and they return cost estimate almost instantly.
To start a rate quote now, click here and complete the form.
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Phoenix, AZ. If several companies are displayed, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Why you need to buy car insurance
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to drive the car. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Toyota has a lien holder, most banks will stipulate that you buy insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Toyota at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance preserves your car and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying car insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. The average driver in Arizona is overpaying over $869 every year so compare quotes from several companies once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Affordable Phoenix car insurance quotes with discounts
Car insurance companies don’t necessarily list all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below contains some of the more common and also the lesser-known discounts that you may qualify for. If you do not double check each discount you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Driver’s Ed – Require your teen driver to successfully complete driver’s ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger companies have a small discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- Seat Belt Usage – Forcing all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt can save a little on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but certain companies permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking time to complete a course that instructs on driving safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you can bundle your auto and home insurance with the same insurance company you will save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- College Student – Children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Phoenix and do not take a car to college could qualify for this discount.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed in the military could be rewarded with lower car insurance rates.
- Theft Deterrent – Vehicles that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and will qualify for a discount on a Phoenix car insurance quote.
Don’t be surprised that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky.
Car insurance companies that possibly offer most of the discounts above include:
If you are trying to find cheaper Phoenix car insurance quotes, ask every prospective company which discounts they offer. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered in your state.
Independent versus exclusive insurance agencies
Many people still like to have an agent’s advice and that is a smart decision Good insurance agents will help you protect your assets and give you someone to call. A good thing about price shopping on the web is that you can obtain lower rates and still have an agent to talk to. And supporting small agencies is important particularly in Phoenix.
By using this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information gets sent to participating agents in Phoenix that give free quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent on your own because prices are sent immediately to you. If for some reason you want to compare prices from one company in particular, you can always go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Phoenix for you
If you want a good Phoenix insurance agent, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they work. Insurance agents are considered either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either one can sell insurance policies, but it’s good to learn how they differ since it could factor into buying decisions.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent do not write with just one company so they can insure your vehicles amongst many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to do anything.
When shopping rates, you absolutely need to include rate quotes from independent agents to have the best price comparison.
Below is a partial list of independent agencies in Phoenix that may be able to give you free insurance quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
333 E Flower St – Phoenix, AZ 85012 – (602) 956-1851 – View Map
These agents can only provide one company’s prices like American Family, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which can be an advantage.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agencies in Phoenix that can give you rate quotes.
Mary Parada – State Farm Insurance Agent
3414 W Bell Rd – Phoenix, AZ 85053 – (602) 942-9202 – View Map
Deciding on an car insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. A good agent in Phoenix will have answers to these questions.
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Phoenix?
- Which family members are covered?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
After talking to the agent and getting satisfactory answers to any questions you may have and a good coverage price, you may have found an insurance agency that is reliable enough to service your policy.
Everyone needs different car insurance coverages
When choosing adequate coverage, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Every insured’s situation is different and your car insurance should be unique as well.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- When can I cancel my policy?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Do I have newly-aquired coverage?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Phoenix?
- What is PIP insurance?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
One last note
We just covered a lot of ways to shop for Toyota Yaris iA insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even discover the best price on car insurance is with the least-expected company. Smaller companies often have lower rates on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Discount Toyota Yaris iA insurance in Phoenix is possible on the web and from local agencies, so you need to shop Phoenix car insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
For more information, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Traverse in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- How Much are Phoenix Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Phoenix Car Insurance Quotes for Active Military? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Phoenix Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)