Want to learn how to buy cheaper Toyota Rav4 insurance in Phoenix? Comparing Phoenix auto insurance quotes online may seem to be difficult if you have never taken advantage of rate quotes online. Don’t worry though because comparing quotes is actually very simple.
A recent study showed that almost 70% of insureds have remained with the same auto insurance company for four years or more, and nearly half have never even compared rates from other companies. Consumers in Phoenix could save an average of 50% each year by just shopping around, but they just don’t understand the large savings they would see if they moved their coverage to a different company.
It’s a good idea to check auto insurance prices periodically because insurance prices change regularly. If you had the best deal on Toyota Rav4 insurance in Phoenix a couple years back other companies may now be cheaper. You can find a lot of wrong information about Rav4 insurance online but by reading this article, you’re going to learn some good information on how to put money back in your pocket.
Locating the most cost-effective insurance policy in Phoenix is much easier if you know where to start. If you have insurance now, you will definitely be able to reduce the price you pay using this strategy. Although Arizona car owners must understand the way insurance companies market insurance on the web because rates are impacted by many factors.
Cheaper Toyota Rav4 insurance quotes in Phoenix
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you may be missing some discounts to help bring down the price. Many discounts should be triggered when you quote, but less common discounts must be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking a course in defensive driving can save you 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Theft Deterrent – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Waiver for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm will allow you to have one accident without the usual rate increase if your claims history is clear prior to being involved in the accident.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you will save at least 10% off all policies.
- Good Student Discount – Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed in the military could be rewarded with lower rates.
- Telematics Discount – Drivers who elect to allow their company to analyze where and when they drive by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive may get a rate reduction as long as the data is positive.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Maintaining low annual mileage can earn lower rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off with select insurance companies.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
Discounts lower rates, but some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous. But all discounts will definitely reduce your premiums.
A few popular companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO may offer discounts for defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, seat belt use, air bags, multi-vehicle, and daytime running lights.
- Travelers discounts include home ownership, hybrid/electric vehicle, payment discounts, continuous insurance, new car, student away at school, and IntelliDrive.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for driver training, good student, youthful driver, renewal discount, safe driver, multi-policy, and 55 and retired.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include newly married, new move discount, new graduate, newly retired, multi-car, exclusive group savings, and multi-policy.
- American Family may include discounts for bundled insurance, accident-free, good driver, defensive driver, and multi-vehicle.
- Progressive includes discounts for good student, homeowner, online signing, multi-policy, and continuous coverage.
Double check with all the companies which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts listed above might not be offered in your state.
When comparing insurance rates, know that comparing a wide range of rates helps you find more affordable rates. Some companies don’t provide online rate quotes, so you also need to get quotes from them, too.
The auto insurance companies shown below provide quotes in Phoenix, AZ. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|RAV4 Sport 2WD||$250||$456||$306||$18||$92||$1,122||$94|
|RAV4 Sport 2WD||$286||$574||$404||$24||$122||$1,410||$118|
|RAV4 Limited 4WD||$182||$308||$306||$18||$92||$906||$76|
|RAV4 Limited 2WD||$138||$240||$306||$18||$92||$794||$66|
|RAV4 Limited 2WD||$158||$302||$404||$24||$122||$1,010||$84|
|RAV4 Limited 2WD||$110||$204||$282||$16||$84||$696||$58|
|RAV4 Limited 4WD||$202||$396||$288||$18||$86||$990||$83|
|RAV4 Sport 4WD||$200||$382||$338||$20||$102||$1,042||$87|
|RAV4 Sport 4WD||$138||$240||$306||$18||$92||$794||$66|
|RAV4 Limited 4WD||$146||$268||$288||$18||$86||$806||$67|
|RAV4 Limited 4WD||$286||$574||$404||$24||$122||$1,410||$118|
|RAV4 Limited 2WD||$222||$456||$338||$20||$102||$1,138||$95|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Information does not factor in specific Phoenix garaging location which can change prices considerably.
The chart below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can influence Toyota Rav4 yearly insurance costs for each different age category. The premium estimates are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Violations and accidents raise rates
The chart below illustrates how violations and accident claims drive up Toyota Rav4 car insurance costs for each age group. The premium estimates are based on a married female driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
When should I have guidance from an agent?
Some people still like to sit down with an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind An additional benefit of comparing rates online is that you can obtain lower car insurance rates and also buy local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Phoenix who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered directly to your email. You can find better rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you wish to quote rates from a specific company, you can always visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Choosing a provider should include more criteria than just the quoted price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- How long have they been in business?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
Pick the best car insurance agent in Phoenix for you
When narrowing the list to find a local insurance agency, it’s important to understand the different types of agents and how they work. Agencies in Phoenix are categorized either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only provide pricing for a single company like State Farm or Allstate. These agents are not able to compare other company’s rates so keep that in mind. Exclusive insurance agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers often buy from the same agent for years primarily because of the prominent brand name rather than low rates.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in Phoenix willing to provide price quotes.
- Susan Cox – State Farm Insurance Agent
2715 W Northern Ave #110 – Phoenix, AZ 85051 – (602) 995-2821 – View Map
- Bob Schneider – State Farm Insurance Agent
243 W Portland St – Phoenix, AZ 85003 – (602) 277-2687 – View Map
- Severiano Torres III – State Farm Insurance Agent
1820 N 75th Ave #106 – Phoenix, AZ 85035 – (623) 846-0240 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
These agents are not limited to a single company and that allows them to write policies amongst many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To move your coverage to a new company, they can switch companies in-house which requires no work on your part.
If you are comparing insurance prices, it’s recommended you get quotes from several independent agencies to get the best comparison. They often place coverage with mutual insurance companies that may provide cheaper insurance rates.
Shown below are Phoenix independent agents that are able to give price quote information.
- General Southwest Insurance Agency
5628 E Thomas Rd – Phoenix, AZ 85018 – (480) 990-1900 – View Map
- Horizon Insurance Group
2880 E Northern Ave #100 – Phoenix, AZ 85028 – (602) 992-9750 – View Map
- Citywide Insurance
1529 W Thomas Rd – Phoenix, AZ 85015 – (602) 241-9200 – View Map
More comparisons equals affordable rates
We covered many tips how you can save on Toyota Rav4 insurance in Phoenix. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Toyota Rav4 insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best car insurance rates are with a small local company.
As you prepare to switch companies, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that they should have had better coverage. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Consumers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, questionable increases in premium, extreme rates for teen drivers and even high prices. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching insurance companies is actually quite simple.
Additional detailed information can be read at these sites:
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Equinox in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for 19 Year Olds in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Phoenix Auto Insurance for a Ford Escape? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Company Car in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Highlander in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Phoenix Auto Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)