I can’t think of a single person who gets a kick out of paying for insurance, in particular when they could get a better deal.
It’s shocking but almost 70% of drivers in Arizona have bought insurance from the same company for four years or more, and nearly half have never taken the time to shop around. American consumers could pocket roughly $860 a year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t want to take the time to go online and compare rates.
Online insurance companies like GEICO, Progressive and Allstate all promote huge savings with advertising and it is challenging if not impossible to separate fact from fiction and take the time to shop coverage around.
When shopping for low cost Phoenix auto insurance quotes, there are a couple of ways to compare quotes from companies that offer insurance in Arizona. The simplest method to find the lowest Toyota Prius rates consists of shopping online.
It’s so easy to compare quotes online that it makes it a waste of time to drive around to all the different Phoenix insurance agencies. The ability to get quotes online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you prefer the professional abilities of a local Phoenix agent. Although, it is possible comparison shop your insurance online and get advice from an agent in your area.
When comparison shopping, comparing a wide range of rates helps locate the best rates. Some smaller insurers do not give online Phoenix Prius insurance quotes, so it’s important to also get rates from them as well.
The following companies are our best choices to provide free quotes in Arizona. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Premium amounts do not factor in specific location which can revise auto insurance rates greatly.
Higher deductibles lower rates
The information below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can impact Toyota Prius yearly insurance costs for different age groups. The data is based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Phoenix insurance discounts for a Toyota Prius
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you might find some hidden discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Some of these discounts will be visible at quote time, but some may not be applied and must be requested specifically before they will apply.
- Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment can save as much as 8% with a few auto insurance companies.
- Mature Driver Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can get reduced rates.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying a new car instead of a used Prius may earn a small discount because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts of more than 20%.
- Use Seat Belts – Forcing all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
Keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
To choose providers that offer multiple discounts in Arizona, follow this link.
Informed Consumers Can Lower Their Insurance Prices
Many things are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some are pretty understandable like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are not quite as obvious such as your credit history and annual miles driven. A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing some of the things that aid in calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you know what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
The factors shown below are a partial list of the pieces that factor into prices.
- Where you live factors in – Being located in areas with lower population may provide you with better prices if you are looking for the lowest rates. Fewer drivers and short commutes translates into fewer accident claims as well as less vandalism and auto theft. People who live in big cities tend to have traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. More time behind the wheel statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
- Decrease rates by maintaining coverage – Allowing your car insurance policy to lapse is a sure-fire way to drive up your policy premiums. Not only will rates go up, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may result in a revoked license or a big fine.
- Alarms and GPS tracking lower rates – Choosing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your premiums. Theft prevention devices like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems help track and prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
- Liability protection is critical – Liability insurance will afford coverage when you are ruled to be at fault for damages from an accident. This coverage provides for a legal defense starting from day one. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
- Is your car, truck or SUV built for speed? – The performance of the vehicle you own makes a huge difference in how high your rates are. The cheapest insurance rates will generally be found on the lowest performance passenger cars, but other factors influence the final cost greatly. Since the Toyota Prius is a compact car, rates will be the same to a little lower when compared to the average rates in Phoenix.
- Toyota Prius insurance loss data – Auto insurance companies use past insurance losses when determining insurance rates. Models that the data determines to have a trend towards higher claims will have a higher premium rate.
The table shown below demonstrates the loss history for Toyota Prius vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles compiled together is represented as 100. Numbers below 100 indicate better than average losses, while values that are above 100 point to more frequent losses or tendency to have larger claims.
Toyota Prius Insurance Claim Statistics
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Toyota Prius C Hybrid 113 100 87 120 121 113 Toyota Prius Hybrid 101 97 98 103 118 103 Toyota Prius Plug-in Hybrid 98 89 87 106 114 93 Toyota Prius V Hybrid 94 86 88 88 94 97
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get rate quotes but buy from a neighborhood Phoenix auto insurance agent
A small number of people prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is a smart decision One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent. Putting coverage with neighborhood agents is important particularly in Phoenix.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in Phoenix who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any agents since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. You can get cheaper insurance rates without requiring a lot of work. If you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, feel free to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Insurance agent types
If you want to use a reliable insurance agency, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance agents may be either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents do not sell for just one brand so they can write business through many companies and find you cheaper rates. If your agent finds better pricing, the business is moved internally and that require little work on your part.
When comparing rates, it’s a good idea to get rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies to have the most options to choose from.
Below are independent agents in Phoenix who may provide cheap rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies work for only one company and some examples include AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on what they offer and that can be a competitive advantage.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agencies in Phoenix that can give you price quotes.
Gunther Perdomo Llana – State Farm Insurance Agent
2040 E Bell Rd #110 – Phoenix, AZ 85022 – (602) 971-8488 – View Map
Choosing a insurance agency requires more thought than just the premium amount. These questions are important to ask:
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
When quoting and choosing adequate coverage, there is no cookie cutter policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so your insurance needs to address that.
For example, these questions might help in determining whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
- How high should deductibles be on a Toyota Prius?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my Toyota Prius?
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Do drivers who switch really save $405 a year?
Popular car insurance providers such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive constantly bombard you with ads in print and on television. All the ads have a common claim that you can save if you change your car insurance coverage to their company. How is it possible that every company can have lower policy pricing? Here is how they do it.
Different companies quote their best rates for the type of driver that will not have excessive claims. One example of this type of risk profile might be described as over the age of 40, has had continuous coverage, and drives less than 5,000 miles a year. A customer that hits that “sweet spot” will qualify for the lowest auto insurance rates in Phoenix and have a good chance to save a lot on Phoenix Toyota Prius insurance if they switch.
Potential insureds who may not quite match these criteria will be charged higher premiums which leads to the customer not buying. If you listen to the ad wording, they say “customers who switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” save that kind of money. That’s why insurance companies can confidently advertise the way they do.
Each company has different criteria, so it is so important to compare free Phoenix auto insurance quotes often. It’s not possible to predict which car insurance company will have the best auto insurance rates at this point in time.
Persistence is the key to cheap rates
Some insurance companies don’t offer internet price quotes and these regional insurance providers only sell through independent agencies. Lower-priced Toyota Prius insurance in Phoenix can be bought both online and with local Phoenix insurance agents, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are a lot of situations where someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The goal is to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford, but do not skimp to save money.
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for 19 Year Olds in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Felons in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- How Much are Phoenix Auto Insurance Rates for a Dodge Ram? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Sentra in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Phoenix Auto Insurance for Police Officers? (FAQ)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)