Being forced to pay for pricey auto insurance premiums can dwindle your funds and put the squeeze on your family’s finances.
A recent auto insurance study discovered that about 70% of customers kept buying from the same company for at least the last four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. Most drivers in Phoenix could save themselves approximately 50% a year, but they don’t believe the benefits if they just switched companies. You have so many auto insurance companies to buy insurance from, and although it’s a good thing to be able to choose, too many choices makes it more difficult to find the lowest rates for Toyota C-HR insurance in Phoenix.
Affordable companies for Toyota C-HR insurance
The companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in Phoenix, AZ. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you get prices from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Learn How to Buy Car Insurance Cheaper
Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, but others are less apparent like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating.
Alarms and GPS tracking lower prices – Choosing to buy a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Theft prevention devices like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all hinder auto theft and help lower rates.
Deductibles are a factor – Comp and collision deductibles are how much you are willing to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. Coverage for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, insures against damage to your car. Some examples of covered claims would be rearending another vehicle, vandalism, and having a roll-over accident. The more damage repair cost you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less money you will pay for car insurance.
High performance vehicles cost more to insure – The performance level of the vehicle you own makes a huge difference in your car insurance bill. Because the Toyota C-HR is a crossover, rates will be slightly more as compared to the average rate in Phoenix. The lowest performance passenger cars generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but your final cost has many other factors.
No claims equals cheaper rates – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can look forward to either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Car insurance companies in Arizona award the lowest premiums to insureds who file claims infrequently. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for more catastrophic claims.
Poor credit decisions can cost you – Your credit score can be a huge factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. So if your credit can be improved, you may save money insuring your Toyota C-HR if you clean up your credit. Insureds that have very good credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with lower ratings.
Score discounts on Phoenix auto insurance
Auto insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you might already qualify for some discounts to help offset the cost. Certain credits will be shown when you complete an application, but some may not be applied and must be asked for before you get the savings.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a vehicle that is new can cost up to 25% less compared to insuring an older model.
- Driver Safety – Taking part in a defensive driver class could cut 5% off your bill and also improve your driving technique.
- Student in College – Youth drivers who attend college more than 100 miles from Phoenix and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Professional Organizations – Affiliation with a professional or civic organization is a simple method to lower premiums on your policy.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up may be able to save a few bucks on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Claim Free – Insureds with no claims or accidents have much lower rates when compared with drivers who are more careless.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think it’s possible to get free car insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
A list of auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts include:
- American Family offers premium reductions for bundled insurance, mySafetyValet, air bags, Steer into Savings, and good student.
- State Farm includes discounts for good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, anti-theft, accident-free, passive restraint, and Drive Safe & Save.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including teen driver, theft prevention, air bags, homeowners, and good student.
- Travelers may have discounts that include multi-policy, new car, payment discounts, driver training, hybrid/electric vehicle, and home ownership.
- GEICO offers discounts for good student, multi-policy, military active duty, anti-theft, membership and employees, and daytime running lights.
Double check with every company to give you their best rates. All car insurance discounts might not be available to policyholders in every state.
Insurance agencies are trained to help
A small number of people would rather talk to a local agent and that is not a bad decision Licensed agents can help you choose the best coverages and help file insurance claims. An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find cheap auto insurance rates but also keep your business local.
After filling out this short form, the coverage information is sent to companies in Phoenix that provide free Phoenix car insurance quotes for your coverage. There is no need to do any legwork since price quotes are sent to you instantly. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Deciding on an company requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. Any good agent in Phoenix should know the answers to these questions.
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
When finding an insurance agent, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents from which to choose. Auto insurance policy providers may be either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both types can write policy coverage, but we need to point out the difference in how they write coverage since it can affect the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only write with one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. They generally cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. They are well schooled in insurance sales and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
The following is a short list of exclusive agents in Phoenix who can help you get price quote information.
Independent agencies often have many company appointments so as a result can place your coverage with an assortment of companies and get you the best rates possible. If premiums increase, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to do anything. When comparing auto insurance prices, you will want to get insurance quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for the best price selection.
Shown below is a short list of independent agencies in Phoenix who can help you get comparison quotes.
22601 N 19th Ave #216 – Phoenix, AZ 85027 – (623) 572-0032 – View Map
If you feel you receive good responses in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you may have just found a car insurance agent that can be relied on to service your policy. Just keep in mind policyholders can terminate coverage whenever you wish so never feel that you are obligated to a specific agent for the entire policy term.
The largest companies are not always cheapest
Arizona consumers can’t get away from all the ads that claim the lowest car insurance rates by Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. All the ads tend to make the same promise about savings if you switch your policy.
How does every company charge lower premium rates? It’s all in the wording.
Insurance providers provide the lowest rates for the type of driver that earns them a profit. An example of a profitable insured may need to be between the ages of 30 and 50, has a low-risk occupation, and drives a car with an anti-theft system. Any customer who fits those characteristics may get the lowest premium rates in Phoenix and will save when they switch companies.
Drivers who are not a match for these criteria will probably have to pay higher rates with the end result being the customer not purchasing. If you pay close attention to the ads, they say “people that switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” save the amount stated. That’s why insurance companies can make the claims of big savings. Different companies use different criteria so you need to get Phoenix car insurance quotes from several different companies. It’s just too difficult to predict which insurance companies will fit your personal profile best.
Compare but don’t skimp
You just learned many ways to find cheap Toyota C-HR insurance in Phoenix. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the biggest savings come from the least-expected company. Some small companies may only write in your state and offer lower car insurance rates compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
Cheaper Toyota C-HR insurance in Phoenix is available both online and also from your neighborhood Phoenix agents, so you need to quote Phoenix car insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers may not provide internet price quotes and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent agents.
As you prepare to switch companies, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, someone sacrificed physical damage coverage to discover at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
Even more information is located in the articles below:
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Safe Drivers in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Chevrolet Malibu in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 60 in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)