I can’t think of a single person who anticipates paying for auto insurance, especially when they are aware that their premiums are too high.
Shocking but true, a large majority of auto insurance policyholders have remained with the same auto insurance company for at least the last four years, and nearly the majority have never compared rates to find cheaper insurance. Many drivers in Arizona could cut their rates by about $730 a year just by comparing rates, but they don’t invest the time required to find cheaper rates by getting comparison quotes.
Companies like Progressive, State Farm and GEICO constantly bombard you with advertising and consumers find it hard to ignore the flying pigs and cute green geckos and take the time to shop coverage around.
Companies offering competitive Volvo V60 rate quotes in Phoenix, AZ
The following companies are our best choices to provide price quotes in Phoenix, AZ. If more than one company is shown, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Car insurance discounts help lower rates for Volvo V60 insurance in Phoenix
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you may qualify for discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. A few discounts will automatically apply when you purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be inquired about prior to receiving the credit.
- Senior Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for lower premium rates.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying insurance for primary and secondary vehicles on a single policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you could get a discount of up to 20% off your total V60 insurance premium.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- College Student Discount – Kids who live away from home to go to college without a vehicle on campus can receive lower rates.
- Telematics Devices – Drivers who elect to allow driving data submission to monitor their driving habits through the use of a telematics system like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm might see lower rates if they are good drivers.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Keeping the miles down on your Volvo can earn lower car insurance rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying a new car instead of a used V60 can be considerably cheaper since newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving may be able to save a few bucks off the personal injury premium cost.
A quick disclaimer, some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think you could get a free car insurance policy, car insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any qualifying discounts will bring down your overall bill.
The best car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts can be found below.
- State Farm may offer discounts for safe vehicle, good driver, passive restraint, driver’s education, anti-theft, accident-free, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include teen driver, electronic funds transfer, good student, bundle discounts, and multi-car.
- GEICO offers discounts including multi-policy, federal employee, driver training, membership and employees, and daytime running lights.
- American Family may include discounts for Steer into Savings, early bird, good driver, mySafetyValet, bundled insurance, and good student.
- Nationwide policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, business or organization, accident-free, easy pay, family plan, and anti-theft.
- Progressive may have discounts that include continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, multi-policy, online signing, good student, and homeowner.
If you need lower rates, check with each insurance company the best way to save money. A few discounts may not be available in your state. If you would like to view companies that offer some of these discounts in Phoenix, click here.
Informed Drivers Save Every Year
Many things are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, but other factors are not quite as obvious such as whether you are married or your commute time. Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the factors that come into play when calculating your car insurance rates. When you understand what determines premiums, this enables informed choices that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
The following are just a few of the factors companies use to determine prices.
Vehicle theft costs us all – Buying a car with a theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Systems that thwart thieves such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help prevent car theft.
Get married and pay lower costs – Being married may save some money compared to being single. It generally demonstrates drivers are more mature and responsible and statistics prove being married results in fewer claims.
Gender and insurance coverage rates – Statistics demonstrate females are less aggressive when driving. Now that doesn’t mean women are better drivers. They both get in fender benders at a similar rate, but men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also tend to get ticketed for serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Male teenagers are the most expensive to insure and are penalized with high car insurance rates.
How credit history affects car insurance rates – Having a bad credit history factor in determining what you pay. So if your credit history is low, you could potentially save money when insuring your Volvo V60 by taking the time to improve your credit score. Consumers who have excellent credit scores tend to be better risks to insure than those with lower credit scores.
Driving citations mean higher costs – Just one moving violation can bump up the cost to the point where it’s not affordable. Careful drivers have lower premiums compared to bad drivers. People who have severe citations like reckless driving or DUI may find that they have to to maintain a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive a vehicle.
Is your car, truck or SUV built for speed? – The make and model of the car you are insuring makes a significant difference in your car insurance bill. Because the Volvo V60 is a luxury crossover, insurance will be substantially more compared to average rates in Phoenix. Smaller low performance passenger models normally have pretty low rates, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
Prevent coverage lapses – Driving with no insurance can get your license suspended and you will pay a penalty because you let your insurance lapse for non-payment. And not only will insurance be more expensive, the inability to provide proof of insurance might get you a license revocation or jail time. You will then be forced to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Arizona department of motor vehicles.
Volvo V60 claim statistics – Companies take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle to help determine rates. Models that are shown to have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have higher premium rates. The table below illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Volvo V60 vehicles.
For each coverage category, the loss probability for all vehicles combined as an average is a value of 100. Percentages below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values that are above 100 point to more losses or larger claims.
Volvo V60 Insurance Loss Statistics
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Volvo V60 2WD||68||53|
|Volvo V60 4WD||136||75|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
You may need advice from a local insurance agent
Some consumers would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get better rates but also keep your business local. Buying from local insurance agencies is especially important in Phoenix.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), the quote information is sent to insurance agents in Phoenix that can give you free Phoenix auto insurance quotes for your business. You don’t have to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. You can find lower rates without a big time investment. If you need to compare rates from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
If you are searching for a reputable insurance agent or broker, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Agents are either independent or exclusive.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be independent often have many company appointments so they can quote policies with an assortment of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparing car insurance rates, it’s recommended you compare prices from independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
Featured below is a small list of independent agents in Phoenix who may be able to give you competitive price quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only quote rates from one company like State Farm or Allstate. They are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their products and sales techniques which aids in selling service over price.
Shown below are Phoenix exclusive insurance agencies who can help you get price quote information.
Mary Parada – State Farm Insurance Agent
3414 W Bell Rd – Phoenix, AZ 85053 – (602) 942-9202 – View Map
Picking an auto insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Will one accident increase rates?
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
Car insurance ads bend the truth
Popular car insurance providers such as 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm endlessly run television, radio, and online ads. All the companies make the same claim that you can save if you switch to their company. It sounds good, but how can they all save you money on Volvo V60 insurance in Phoenix? You have to listen carefully.
Companies give the cheapest rates for the type of driver that will not have excessive claims. For example, a profitable insured may be married and over the age of 30, has no claims, and has great credit. A propective insured who fits that profile will qualify for the lowest prices in Phoenix and will also cut their Volvo V60 insurance rates if they switch.
People who do not meet those standards will see higher premium rates and this results in business not being written. If you pay attention, the ads say “drivers that switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” save that kind of money. That is how insurance companies can make claims that they all have the best rates.
This emphasizes why you need to compare many company’s rates. It’s just not possible to know with any certainty which company will have the lowest Volvo V60 insurance in Phoenix.
Don’t give up on cheap coverage
Lower-priced insurance in Phoenix can be found both online and also from your neighborhood Phoenix agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who may not provide internet price quotes and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
When shopping online for insurance, make sure you don’t buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that it was a big mistake. The aim is to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Even more information is available in these articles:
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Who Has Cheap Phoenix Car Insurance Rates for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)