There isn’t anyone who is fond of buying auto insurance, especially knowing they could lower their rates if they shopped around.
Unbelievable but true, a large majority of auto insurance policyholders kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never even shopped around for cheap coverage. Phoenix drivers could pocket as much as 50% a year, but they don’t want to take the time to compare rates and save money.
Big companies like Allstate and Progressive continually hit you with ads and it can be hard to ignore the promise of big savings and find the best price available.
If you have a current car insurance policy, you should be able to cut your premiums using these techniques. Choosing the best rates in Phoenix seems hard but is not really that difficult. Although Arizona vehicle owners do need to understand how big insurance companies determine prices and use it to find better rates.
The majority of larger companies give prices for coverage on the web. Getting quotes for Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance in Phoenix is fairly simple because it’s just a matter of typing in the amount of coverage you want as detailed in the form. When the form is submitted, their quoting system obtains information on your driving record and credit history and gives you a price quote based on the data you entered. Quoting online for Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance in Phoenix makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it’s necessary to get many rate quotes if you want to find affordable rates.
In order to compare pricing, take a look at the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend that you enter the coverage information just like they are on your policy. This guarantees you will have comparison quotes using the same coverage and limits.
The companies in the list below offer price quotes in Phoenix, AZ. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MX-5 Miata Sport 2-Dr Convertible||$194||$376||$268||$16||$80||$934||$78|
|MX-5 Miata Touring 2-Dr Convertible||$232||$390||$254||$16||$76||$968||$81|
|MX-5 Miata Grand Touring 2-Dr Convertible||$124||$240||$268||$16||$80||$728||$61|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Premium costs do not factor in zip code location which can modify coverage prices noticeably.
Full coverage versus liability only rates
The example below illustrates the difference between Mazda MX-5 Miata auto insurance rates with full coverage compared to only the Arizona minimum liability coverage. The rates are based on a clean driving record, no claims, $500 deductibles, single male driver, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to drop full coverage
There is no clear-cut formula to drop comp and collision coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Mazda MX-5 Miata replacement cost is $7,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would get paid by your company is $6,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying in excess of $600 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some circumstances where eliminating full coverage is not a good idea. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should maintain full coverage.
Companies offer lots of discounts on Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance in Phoenix
Some insurance providers do not advertise all possible discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find some of the best known and the more hidden credits available to bring down your rates. If you do not double check each discount available, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Own a Home – Just being a homeowner may earn you a small savings because it requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Good Student – Performing well in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up to age 25.
- Telematics Devices – Drivers who elect to allow companies to monitor where and when they drive by using a telematic data system like Allstate’s Drivewise could save a few bucks if their driving habits are good.
- Multiple Cars – Insuring multiple cars on the same car insurance policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Accident-free drivers could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your policy upfront as opposed to paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Federal government employees can save as much as 8% depending on your company.
- E-sign Discounts – A few insurance companies give back up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up online.
- Senior Citizens – Drivers over the age of 55 may qualify for a small discount on rates.
- Bundle and Save – When you have multiple policies with one company you will save up to 20% and get you low cost Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance.
You should keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, it’s just not the way it works.
Car insurance companies that may offer quotes with most of these discounts include:
When quoting, ask every company which discounts they offer. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policyholders in Phoenix. To see insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Phoenix, click here.
Car insurance is an important decision
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Phoenix, insurance is required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability in order to be legal. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Mazda, more than likely the lender will force you to buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Mazda for a lot more money and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. It will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially with large liability claims. But the average American driver is overpaying more than $830 a year so compare quotes from several companies at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Compare rate quotes but still have a local Phoenix insurance agent
Some people just want to talk to a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision The best thing about comparing auto insurance online is that you can obtain better rates but still work with a licensed agent.
Once you complete this short form, the quote information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Phoenix who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to leave your computer as quotes are delivered directly to you. Get lower rates AND a local agent. If you have a need to quote rates from one company in particular, you can always visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Picking the best insurance company shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. Any agent in Phoenix should be willing to answer these questions.
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Phoenix?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Does the agent help file claims?
Exclusive and independent Phoenix car insurance agents
When narrowing the list to find a local agent, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents from which to choose. Auto insurance agents are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
These agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates and examples are Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They usually cannot shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price.
The following is a list of exclusive agents in Phoenix that can give you rate quotes.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent are not limited to a single company so they can write business through many companies and find you cheaper rates. If your agent finds better pricing, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you stay with the same agent. When comparing auto insurance prices, it’s recommended you contact at a minimum one independent agency to maximize your price options.
Listed below is a short list of independent agencies in Phoenix that can give you price quotes.