Overwhelmed by the dozens of insurance choices in your area? Lot’s of other drivers are too. Consumers have such a vast assortment of choices available that it can easily become a real challenge to find the perfect company for you. Phoenix is an excellent city in which to live, but paying high insurance rates can make it difficult for lots of drivers to be able to buy decent coverage.
Unimaginable but true, a large majority of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for more than four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never shopped around. The average driver in Phoenix could pocket almost 50% a year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t invest the time required to find lower-cost rates by getting comparison quotes.
There are several ways of comparing rates from all the different companies. The simplest method to find cheaper rates consists of obtaining rate quotes online. Keep in mind that making a lot of price comparisons provides better odds of finding a lower rate. Some smaller insurers do not give Phoenix RX 400h insurance quotes online, so you also need to get price quotes from those companies as well.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Phoenix, AZ. If multiple companies are shown, it’s a good idea that you get price quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why you need to buy insurance
Even though Phoenix RX 400h insurance rates can get expensive, buying insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability in order to drive the car. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Lexus RX 400h with a loan, it’s most likely the lender will force you to have comprehensive coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Lexus at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your car. It also can pay for medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If you have damage to your Lexus as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially for larger claims. As of last year, the average driver in Arizona is overpaying over $855 a year so smart consumers compare quotes once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
How You Can Control Lexus RX 400h Insurance Costs
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that help calculate the rates you pay for insurance. If you know what determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that could result in lower rates.
- Frequent insurance claims will cost you more – If you file claims often, you should expect either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Car insurance companies in Arizona provide lower rates to people who are not frequent claim filers. Auto insurance is designed for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Your credit score is important – Having a bad credit rating can be an important factor in determining your rates. If your credit rating is low, you may save money insuring your Lexus RX 400h by improving your rating. Drivers with very good credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers with bad credit.
- Liability limits should be high – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance kicks in in the event that you are responsible for damages caused by your negligence. It provides for a legal defense to defend your case. It is affordable coverage when compared with rates for comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Lower rates with a multi-policy discount – Most insurance companies allow discounts for people who buy several policies from them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, you may still want to check prices from other companies to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. Consumers may find a better deal by splitting coverages up.
- Continuous coverage lowers rates – Going without insurance will be a guaranteed way to trigger a rate increase. Not only will rates go up, the inability to provide proof of insurance may result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. Then you may be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Arizona motor vehicle department.
- Getting married can save you money – Having a wife or husband may save some money compared to being single. Having a significant other translates into being less irresponsible it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Teen drivers pay higher rates – Teen drivers in Arizona are known to be inattentive and easily distracted when driving with friends and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher. Older people are viewed as being more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and receive fewer citations.
- Vehicles with better crash test results are cheaper to insure – Vehicles that have high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles reduce occupant injuries and better occupant protection translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims which can mean better rates for you.
Auto insurance policy discounts for Lexus RX 400h insurance in Phoenix
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but companies offer discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you complete an application, but a few must be requested specifically prior to getting the savings.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government can earn a discount up to 10% with a few auto insurance companies.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Good Student – Maintaining excellent grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying in monthly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Have your child successfully take a driver’s education course if it’s offered in school.
- Early Signing – Select companies give a discount for renewing your policy prior to your current RX 400h insurance policy expiration. You could save around 10% when you buy Phoenix car insurance online.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed with a military unit can result in better auto insurance rates.
- Life Insurance Discount – Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a lower auto insurance rate if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Insuring a vehicle that is new can be considerably cheaper because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
Please keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Popular auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm offers discounts including multiple policy, safe vehicle, driver’s education, accident-free, anti-theft, and multiple autos.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for online shopper, homeowner, DriveSense, paid-in-full, renters, safety device, and anti-theft.
- Progressive has discounts for homeowner, online quote discount, online signing, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including safety features, multi-policy, multi-car, hybrid vehicle, and good student.
- Auto-Owners Insurance discounts include teen driver, multi-policy, good student, anti-theft, company car, and multiple vehicles.
- GEICO offers discounts for seat belt use, federal employee, air bags, five-year accident-free, multi-vehicle, military active duty, and anti-theft.
Check with each company which discounts can lower your rates. Some credits may not be available in your state. To locate companies who offer auto insurance discounts in Arizona, click here to view.
You are unique and your auto insurance should be too
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really isn’t a best way to insure your cars. Each situation is unique.
For instance, these questions might point out whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Should I rate my Lexus RX 400h as pleasure use or commute?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Arizona minimum liability coverage?
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Exclusive and independent car insurance agents
Some consumers would rather buy from a licensed agent and that is just fine! The best thing about comparing rates online is that you can find cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your information is emailed to participating agents in Phoenix who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to drive around because prices are sent to your email. You can find lower rates and work with a local agent. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, feel free to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing the best insurer requires more thought than just a cheap price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- How many years have they been established?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Which family members are covered?
Pick the best car insurance agent in Phoenix for you
When finding an insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agents in Phoenix can be described as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents have only one company to place business with such as Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Many people purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to loyalty to the company rather than low rates.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Phoenix that can give you rate quotes.
- Mattie Taylor – State Farm Insurance Agent
4225 W Bell Rd – Phoenix, AZ 85053 – (602) 938-4491 – View Map
- State Farm: Mat Herseth
751 E Union Hills Dr #A9, Phoenix 85024 – 751 E Union Hills Dr #A9, AZ 85024 – (602) 788-6700 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Christine Yap
9303 N 7th St Ste 5 – Phoenix, AZ 85020 – (602) 371-0581 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents can sell policies from many different companies and that gives them the ability to insure with lots of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If premiums increase, they simply move the coverage in-house and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparing insurance rates, you definitely need to get several quotes from independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most can insure with smaller mutual companies which may provide better rates.
The following are independent insurance agents in Phoenix that can give you rate quotes.
- UNO Insurance Agency
3510 E Bell Rd # 2 – Phoenix, AZ 85032 – (602) 493-2300 – View Map
- Rodriguez Insurance
5720 N 27th Ave – Phoenix, AZ 85017 – (602) 242-5303 – View Map
- Oasis Insurance
317 N 19th Ave – Phoenix, AZ 85009 – (602) 233-5500 – View Map
Don’t give up on cheap rates
Drivers leave their current company for any number of reasons including questionable increases in premium, policy cancellation, unfair underwriting practices and being labeled a high risk driver. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new insurance company is not as hard as you think.
Some insurance companies may not provide online price quotes and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent agencies. Discount Lexus RX 400h insurance is definitely available both online and also from your neighborhood Phoenix agents, and you should compare rates from both to get a complete price analysis.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. Too many times, an insured dropped full coverage only to find out that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your objective should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
Additional car insurance information is available at the links below
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Phoenix Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Phoenix Car Insurance for Seniors? (FAQ)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)