No normal person looks forward to paying premiums for auto insurance, especially when they know they could find better prices if they shop around.
A recent auto insurance study discovered that the vast majority of Arizona auto insurance customers have been with the same company for at least four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. Many consumers in the United States can save hundreds of dollars each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they underestimate the benefits if they switched to a more affordable policy. There are many auto insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and although it’s nice to have a selection, more choices can make it harder to get the best deal for Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance in Phoenix.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Phoenix, AZ. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Why you need car insurance
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance is required in Arizona but it also protects you in many ways.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, more than likely the lender will require that you have full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Ford for a lot more money and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Car insurance preserves both your Ford and your assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying car insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially if you ever need it. The average driver in America overpays as much as $800 each year so compare rates at every policy renewal to save money.
Find Ford C-Max Hybrid Insurance More Affordably
An important part of buying insurance is that you know a few of the rating criteria that go into determining auto insurance rates. When you understand what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with cheaper rates. Lots of things are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, although others are more transparent like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating.
The following are some of the major factors used by companies to determine prices.
- Gender as a rate factor – Statistics demonstrate that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, this does not mean females are better at driving than males. Males and females cause at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but the male of the species tend to have higher claims. They also get cited for more serious violations like reckless driving and DUI. Males from age 16 to 21 cause the most accidents and are penalized with high auto insurance rates.
- Youthful drivers cost more – Older insureds are viewed as being more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and usually have better credit.Teen drivers have been known to be inattentive and easily distracted with other occupants in the car therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Getting married brings a discount – Your spouse may save some money on your auto insurance policy. Having a significant other translates into being more stable financially and it’s statistically proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Put fewer miles on your vehicle – Driving more miles every year the higher your rate. A lot of companies price each vehicle’s coverage partially by how you use the vehicle. Vehicles that sit idle most of the time receive better premium rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. A policy that improperly rates your C-Max Hybrid is just wasting money. It’s a smart idea to ensure your auto insurance coverage properly reflects the correct usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Protect yourself with liability coverage – The liability coverage on your policy is the coverage that protects you if you are responsible for an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense coverage which can be incredibly expensive. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Drive a safer car and pay less – Vehicles that have high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Safe vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and any reduction in injury severity means lower claim amounts passed on to you as lower rates.
- Loss probability for a Ford C-Max Hybrid – Insurance companies include the past claim history for a vehicle when determining insurance rates. Vehicles that are shown to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have higher rates for specific coverages. The information below illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Ford C-Max Hybrid vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, as a total average, is considered to be 100. Values below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values that are above 100 show a trend for more claims or statistically larger losses.
Ford C-Max Hybrid Insurance Loss Statistics
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford C-Max Hybrid 99 92 95 94 89 100
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Determine discounts on Phoenix car insurance
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you can get discounts that can help lower your rates. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of purchase, but a few must be asked about before you get the savings.
- Senior Citizen Rates – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you could receive a small discount on rates.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Options like air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings of 20% or more.
- Government Employees – Federal government employees can save as much as 8% depending on your company.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being a member of specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a good way to get lower rates on car insurance.
- Smart Student Discounts – This discount can earn a discount of 20% or more. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Discount for Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get better prices if you take out a life insurance policy as well.
As a sidenote, most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though you would think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, that’s just not realistic.
To locate car insurance companies with discount rates in Phoenix, click this link.
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
Always keep in mind that when comparing coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Each situation is unique.
These are some specific questions might point out whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Are my friends covered when driving my Ford C-Max Hybrid?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- What policy terms are available?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Insurance agent or online?
Some consumers prefer to buy from a local agent and that can be a smart move Agents can make sure you are properly covered and help file insurance claims. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find cheap car insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent. And supporting local agencies is definitely important in Phoenix.
After filling out this simple form, your coverage information is submitted to companies in Phoenix that can give you free Phoenix car insurance quotes for your coverage. You won’t need to search for an agent since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific car insurance provider, you can always jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Independent or Exclusive: It’s your choice
When looking for a good Phoenix insurance agent, you need to know there are two different agency structures and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agencies in Phoenix can be classified as either exclusive or independent. Both do a good job, but it is important to understand how they differ since it can affect which agent you choose.
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent do not have single company limitations so they can write business amongst many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the business is moved internally and you can keep the same agent.
If you are comparing car insurance prices, you need to compare prices from a few independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Phoenix that may be able to provide rate quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
333 E Flower St – Phoenix, AZ 85012 – (602) 956-1851 – View Map
Agents that elect to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company’s rates like State Farm or Allstate. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies are highly trained in insurance sales which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Below are exclusive insurance agents in Phoenix that are able to give comparison quotes.
Finding a good insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Is the agent properly licensed in Arizona?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Where are claims handled?
Don’t give up on cheap coverage
Discount Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance in Phoenix can be bought online and from local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers don’t offer rate quotes online and these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies.
As you restructure your insurance plan, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that it was a big mistake. The aim is to get the best coverage possible at the best cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
We just showed you some good ideas how you can find lower-cost Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance in Phoenix. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from a small local company.
For more information, feel free to visit the resources below:
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much is Phoenix Auto Insurance for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Accidents in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Determing Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)