Did a good deal turn into an expensive car insurance policy? It’s a common feeling and many Phoenix drivers have buyer’s remorse.
Amazingly, nearly 70% of drivers have remained with the same car insurance company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of customers have never shopped around. With the average premium in Arizona being $1,580, drivers could save 50% each year just by shopping around, but they won’t spend time to compare other rate quotes.
Numerous car insurance companies battle to insure your vehicles, and because of this it can be hard to compare car insurance companies and uncover the absolute best price available on Porsche 911 insurance in Phoenix.
It’s smart to do price comparisons at least once a year since rates are usually higher with each renewal. Even if you think you had the lowest premium rates on Porsche 911 insurance in Phoenix last year you will most likely find a better price today. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because you’re about to find out the fastest way to find better coverage on Porsche 911 insurance in Phoenix at a better price.
To get inexpensive Phoenix car insurance quotes, there a variety of ways to compare rate quotes from different companies. The best way to find affordable insurance rates consists of obtaining rate quotes online.
Comparison shopping rate quotes online is easy and it replaces the need to actually drive to insurance agencies in your area. Quoting and buying Porsche 911 insurance online eliminates this option unless you have a need for the guidance that you can only get from talking to an agent. It is possible with some companies find lower rates online but still have the advice of a local agent. Just remember that comparing all the rates in your area helps you find more affordable insurance.
The providers in the list below provide price comparisons in Arizona. If the list has multiple companies, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies in order to find the cheapest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|911 Carrera 2 2-Dr Coupe||$336||$864||$314||$18||$94||$1,626||$136|
|911 Carrera 4 2-Dr Coupe||$202||$478||$338||$20||$102||$1,140||$95|
|911 Carrera 2 Cabriolet 2-Dr Convertible||$364||$908||$288||$18||$86||$1,664||$139|
|911 Carrera 2 S 2-Dr Coupe||$346||$680||$308||$18||$92||$1,444||$120|
|911 Carrera 4 Cabriolet 2-Dr Convertible||$422||$908||$344||$20||$102||$1,796||$150|
|911 Carrera 4S 2-Dr Coupe||$364||$944||$338||$20||$102||$1,768||$147|
|911 Carrera Targa 2-Dr Coupe||$470||$1186||$404||$24||$122||$2,206||$184|
|911 Carrera 2 S 2-Dr Convertible||$370||$792||$260||$16||$78||$1,516||$126|
|911 Carrera 4S Cabriolet 2-Dr Convertible||$354||$760||$288||$18||$86||$1,506||$126|
|911 Carrera Targa S 2-Dr Coupe||$416||$888||$308||$18||$92||$1,722||$144|
|911 GT3 2-Dr Coupe||$394||$1078||$338||$20||$102||$1,932||$161|
|911 GT3 RS 2-Dr Coupe||$366||$862||$390||$24||$116||$1,758||$147|
|911 Turbo 2-Dr Coupe||$404||$928||$314||$18||$94||$1,758||$147|
|911 Turbo 2-Dr Convertible||$456||$996||$260||$16||$78||$1,806||$151|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and safe-driver. Price estimates do not factor in specific location information which can impact coverage prices significantly.
Rate difference between full and liability-only coverage
The chart below shows the difference between Porsche 911 car insurance costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. The prices are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, married male driver, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There is no definitive guideline to delete full coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Porsche 911 claim settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $5,000 after you pay the deductible. If premiums are more than $500 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some circumstances where only buying liability is not advised. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not buy liability only.
Higher deductibles save money
The chart below demonstrates how deductibles and can impact Porsche 911 insurance prices for different age categories. The premiums assume a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Why you need insurance for your Porsche vehicle
Even though Phoenix 911 insurance rates can get expensive, auto insurance serves several important purposes.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Porsche has a loan, more than likely the lender will require that you buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your Porsche at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Auto insurance protects both your assets and your car. It will also pay for medical bills incurred in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Porsche gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having auto insurance outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $830 a year so you should quote and compare rates once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
How to Lower Your Insurance Costs
One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of the factors that aid in calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with lower car insurance prices. Many different elements are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, although some other factors are more transparent such as whether you are married or how safe your car is.
- Improve your credit rating – A driver’s credit history can be a huge factor in your rate calculation. If your credit is not that good, you could potentially save money when insuring your Porsche 911 by repairing your credit. People with very high credit ratings tend to be more responsible than drivers who have poor credit scores.
- Do thieves like your car? – Choosing to buy a car with an alarm system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention devices such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can help prevent your car from being stolen.
- Raising comp and collision deductibles lowers rates – Physical damage coverage, aka comp and collision, protects your Porsche from damage. Examples of some claims that would be covered could be collision with another vehicle, flood damage, and damage caused by flying debris. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The larger the amount you’re willing to pay, the less your car insurance will be.
- What type of vehicle do you drive? – The make and model of the car you need insurance for makes a significant difference in your auto insurance rates. The lowest premiums will generally be found on economy passenger vehicles, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors. Due to the fact that the Porsche 911 is classified as a luxury sports car, insuring your vehicle will cost up to twice as much as compared to the average rate in Phoenix.
- Accidents increase costs – Even one driving citation could increase your next policy renewal by twenty percent. Careful drivers have lower premiums than bad drivers. People who have dangerous violations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may be required to complete a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- Annual miles impacts prices – Driving a lot of miles every year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most insurance companies calculate rates determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks that have low annual miles receive better premium rates compared to those used for work or business. Having the wrong rating on your 911 can cost quite a bit. It’s always a good idea to double check that your car insurance policy shows the correct driver usage.
- Porsche 911 claim data – Insurers use claims history when they file their rates in each state. Models that tend to have higher losses will have a higher cost to insure. The next table illustrates the historical loss data for Porsche 911 vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is set at 100. Values that are under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values over 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or statistically larger losses.
Porsche 911 Insurance Claim Statistics
Specific Porsche Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr 191 47 173 24 Porsche 911 Carrera Convertible 197 51 224 36 Porsche 911 Turbo 2dr 4WD 349 367
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Lower your car insurance rates with discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you may find discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Certain discounts will be applied when you get a quote, but a few need to be manually applied before you get the savings.
- Club Memberships – Having an affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on your bill.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use their safety belts can save a little off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars with anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Save with a New Car – Buying a new car instead of a used 911 can get you a discount because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Some insurance companies give a discounted premium rate on car insurance if you buy life insurance from them.
- Full Payment Discount – By paying your entire bill at once instead of making monthly payments you could save 5% or more.
- Good Students Pay Less – Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
As is typical with insurance, most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way. Any qualifying discounts should help lower the cost of coverage.
A list of car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts include:
- AAA offers discounts including anti-theft, good driver, pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, good student, and education and occupation.
- Progressive may offer discounts for homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online signing, continuous coverage, good student, and online quote discount.
- State Farm may include discounts for multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, and passive restraint.
- Esurance has discounts for homeowner, renters, emergency road assistance, paid-in-full, anti-theft, and good student.
- Nationwide offers premium reductions for Farm Bureau membership, accident-free, easy pay, good student, and anti-theft.
When getting free Phoenix car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every company how you can save money. Some discounts listed above might not be offered on policies in Phoenix.
Compare rates but buy from a local neighborhood Phoenix car insurance agent
Certain consumers still prefer to talk to a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is that you can find cheap car insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent. Supporting local agents is especially important in Phoenix.
Upon completion of this short form, the coverage information is emailed to insurance agents in Phoenix that can give you free Phoenix car insurance quotes for your coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. You can find lower rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you wish to get a rate quote from a specific car insurance provider, you just need to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
When looking for a local Phoenix insurance agent, there are two different agency structures and how they operate. Agents in Phoenix can either be exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel do not have single company limitations so they can quote policies through lots of different companies and find you the best rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, the agent simply finds a different carrier which makes it simple for you. When comparison shopping, you definitely need to check rates from a couple of independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison.
Listed below are Phoenix independent insurance agents who may be able to give you free car insurance quotes.
22601 N 19th Ave #216 – Phoenix, AZ 85027 – (623) 572-0032 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only provide one company’s prices and examples are State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. They usually cannot give you multiple price quotes so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies are well trained on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Phoenix that are able to give price quotes.
Arly Sanchez – State Farm Insurance Agent
1625 N 51st Ave Ste 103 – Phoenix, AZ 85035 – (602) 455-2886 – View Map
Choosing an insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just the price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- How many companies do they write for?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
If you receive positive feedback to any questions you have in addition to an acceptable price estimate, it’s a good possibility that you have found an insurance agent that meets the requirements to insure your vehicles.
Be persistent and save
You just read a lot of ways to find lower-cost Porsche 911 insurance in Phoenix. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Phoenix car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the best price on insurance is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. They may often insure only within specific states and give better rates compared to the large companies like GEICO and State Farm.
As you restructure your insurance plan, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many situations where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
To read more, feel free to visit these articles:
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Hybrid Vehicles in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Electric Cars in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Determing Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)