I can’t think of anyone who looks forward to paying premiums for insurance, especially knowing they are paying too much.
Regrettably, a large majority of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rates to find lower-cost insurance. With the average insurance premium being $1,580, Arizona drivers could save themselves about 50% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just don’t understand the benefits if they replace their high priced policy. Due to the large number of choices of insurance companies that have cheaper insurance for a Nissan Altima in Phoenix, it can be challenging to find the cheapest company.
It’s a great practice to compare premium rates every six months due to the fact that insurance prices are constantly changing. Just because you had the best rates on Nissan Altima insurance in Phoenix a year ago you will most likely find a better premium rate today. Ignore everything you know about insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the quickest way to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
The goal of this article is to help you learn how to get online quotes and how you can save the most money. If you have coverage now, you will be able to find the best rates using this information. Drivers just need to know the quickest method to get comparison rates instantly.
Cheap companies for Nissan Altima insurance in Arizona
The providers in the list below provide price comparisons in Phoenix, AZ. If more than one company is shown, it’s highly recommended you get prices from several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Altima 2.5 4-Dr Sedan||$234||$428||$308||$18||$92||$1,080||$90|
|Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$200||$450||$314||$18||$94||$1,076||$90|
|Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$182||$382||$338||$20||$102||$1,024||$85|
|Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$242||$370||$444||$26||$132||$1,214||$101|
|Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$290||$566||$404||$24||$122||$1,406||$117|
|Altima 3.5 SR 2-Dr Coupe||$224||$546||$382||$22||$114||$1,288||$107|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and claim-free. Price estimates do not factor in vehicle location which can modify insurance rates greatly.
The diagram below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can affect Nissan Altima insurance costs for different age groups. The information is based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Take policy discounts and save on Nissan Altima insurance in Phoenix
Some companies don’t necessarily list all possible discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known discounts that may be available. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Home Ownership Discount – Being a homeowner can help you save on auto insurance since home ownership is proof of financial responsibility.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active deployment in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying monthly you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers who elect to allow driving data collection to study when and where they use their vehicle remotely such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system might get better premium rates if they are good drivers.
- Paperless Signup – A handful of companies give back up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up over the internet.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some auto insurance companies reward drivers for renewing your policy prior to your current Altima insurance policy expiring. Ten percent is about the average savings.
As a sidenote, some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think all the discounts add up to a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
To choose insurance companies who offer auto insurance discounts in Phoenix, click this link.
Find More Affordable Auto Insurance with These Tips
The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at some of the elements that play a part in calculating your auto insurance rates. If you know what determines premiums, this enables informed choices that may reward you with lower premium levels. Lots of things are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like an MVR report, although others are not quite as obvious such as your marital status or your commute time.
- Higher prices for specific jobs – Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Careers like fire fighters, architects and dentists generally pay higher premiums than the average policyholder because of intense work requirements and lengthy work days. On the other hand, jobs like farmers, historians and performers have lower than average premiums.
- Never let your policy lapse – Going without insurance is a quick way to drive up your policy premiums. Not only will you pay higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance could earn you a revoked license or a big fine. You may then be required to file a SR-22 with the Arizona motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Cheaper rates with safer cars – Vehicles with high crash test scores are cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer serious injuries means your insurance company pays less and thus lower rates.
- Being married is a good thing – Your spouse can get you a discount when shopping for auto insurance. Having a significant other is viewed as being more financially stable and it’s statistically proven that married couples file fewer claims.
- Drive less and pay lower prices – The more you drive in a year’s time the higher your rates will be. Most companies calculate prices partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks not used for work or commuting can get a lower rate compared to those used for work or business. An incorrectly rated Altima may be costing you. Ask your agent if your declarations sheet is showing the correct usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Buy as much liability protection as you can afford – Liability coverage is the protection if ever you are responsible for damages caused by your negligence. Liability provides legal defense coverage starting from day one. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- Traffic violations can be expensive – Drivers who don’t get tickets tend to pay less for car insurance compared to drivers with tickets. Even a single citation can increase rates forty percent or more. Drivers who get multiple tickets like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may face state-mandated requirements to prove financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to keep their license.
- Prices are impacted by vehicle performance – The make and model of the car, truck or SUV you own makes a huge difference in how high your rates are. The lowest rates are for the lowest performance passenger models, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors. Due to the fact that the Nissan Altima is considered a sedan, insurance will be about the same as compared to the average rate in Phoenix.
- Insurance loss statistics a Nissan Altima – Companies factor in insurance loss information to calculate a price that will offset any claims. Vehicles that have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have increased rates.
The next table illustrates the loss history for Nissan Altima vehicles. For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as a total average, is represented as 100. Percentage values below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers above 100 point to more losses or tendency to have larger claims.
Nissan Altima Insurance Loss Statistics
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan Altima 110 97 119 144 147 114
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Auto insurance quotes from local neighborhood Phoenix car insurance agents
A lot of people still like to have an agent’s advice and that is recommended in a lot of cases Good agents can answer important questions and help you file claims. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is you can get lower car insurance rates but also keep your business local. And providing support for local insurance agencies is important especially in Phoenix.
Once you complete this simple form, your information gets sent to agents in your area who want to provide quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact an agency as quotes are delivered to you instantly. In the event you want to compare prices from a particular provider, feel free to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding a good company requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. These questions are important to ask:
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Phoenix?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Which family members are covered?
Cheap auto insurance premiums are out there
When trying to cut insurance costs, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped collision coverage only to regret at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
Discount Nissan Altima insurance in Phoenix is possible online and with local Phoenix insurance agents, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent agencies.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of tips how to find cheaper Nissan Altima insurance in Phoenix. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting affordable Nissan Altima insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a small mutual company. Some small companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 60 in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Phoenix Auto Insurance for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)