Did you come to the realization that you have an underperforming, overpriced car insurance policy? Trust us when we tell you many Phoenix drivers have buyer’s remorse.
Sadly, most consumers have been with the same company for over three years, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never even compared rates from other companies. Phoenix insurance shoppers could save approximately 50% every year, but most just don’t grasp the large savings they would see if they just switched companies. With so many companies and agents to choose from, it’s nearly impossible to locate the best company.
You should take the time to do price comparisons quite often because car insurance prices go up and down regularly. Just because you found the best rates on Jeep Liberty insurance in Phoenix two years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the quickest way to buy cheaper Jeep Liberty insurance in Phoenix.
Locating the best rates in Phoenix is actually quite easy if you know where to start. If you are insured now or need a new policy, use these money-saving tips to lower your rates while maintaining coverages. Vehicle owners just need to know the best way to get comparison quotes using one simple form.
How to buy Phoenix Jeep Liberty insurance online
The providers in the list below offer free rate quotes in Phoenix, AZ. If multiple companies are shown, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Liberty Sport 2WD||$114||$186||$308||$18||$92||$718||$60|
|Liberty Limited 2WD||$200||$314||$338||$20||$102||$974||$81|
|Liberty Renegade 4WD||$222||$376||$314||$18||$94||$1,024||$85|
|Liberty Sport 4WD||$226||$368||$362||$22||$108||$1,086||$91|
|Liberty Limited 4WD||$200||$382||$338||$20||$102||$1,042||$87|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and claim-free. Price estimates do not factor in vehicle location which can affect coverage prices significantly.
Accidents and violations increase rates
The information below illustrates how violations and at-fault accidents can drive up Jeep Liberty insurance costs for different age groups. The rates are based on a married female driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Cost difference between full coverage and liability
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Jeep Liberty yearly insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The costs are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, single female driver, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Should you pay for full coverage?
There is no written rule of when to stop paying for full coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Jeep Liberty replacement cost is $9,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would receive is $8,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying over $800 annually to have full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some cases where eliminating full coverage is not a good idea. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you are required to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should maintain full coverage.
Should you raise deductibles?
The chart below demonstrates how deductible levels and can affect Jeep Liberty insurance rates for different age groups. The data assumes a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Discount Phoenix car insurance quotes
Car insurance can be pricey, but you may qualify for discounts that may help make it more affordable. Some trigger automatically when you complete an application, but a few must be requested specifically before being credited.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Phoenix auto insurance quote.
- Employee of Federal Government – Federal government employees can save as much as 8% with a few car insurance companies.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some larger companies give discounts for buying a policy early. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Phoenix Homeowners Pay Less – Being a homeowner can help you save on car insurance because of the fact that having a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Good Student – A discount for being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not a discount per se, but certain companies may permit one accident without getting socked with a rate hike with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Some only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
Auto insurance companies who may offer most of the discounts above are:
It’s a good idea to ask all the companies what discounts are available to you. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be available in every state. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers with the best Jeep Liberty insurance discounts in Phoenix, click here to view.
Local neighborhood agents and car insurance
A small number of people would prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is a smart decision Professional insurance agents can help you build your policy and help file insurance claims. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find lower rates and still have a local agent.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is immediately sent to companies in Phoenix that can give you free Phoenix auto insurance quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent to you. If for some reason you want to compare rates from one company in particular, you just need to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Picking the best provider should include more criteria than just the premium amount. A good agent in Phoenix will have answers to these questions.
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- How are they compensated?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Is coverage determined by price?
Why Informed Drivers Pay Less for Jeep Liberty Insurance
When buying car insurance it’s important to understand some of the elements that help determine the price you pay for car insurance. If you know what controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that could help you find big savings.
The following are most of the major factors used by insurance companies to determine your rates.
Drive fewer miles and save – The more you drive in a year the higher your rates will be. A lot of companies calculate rates partially by how you use the vehicle. Autos left parked in the garage get more affordable rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Verify your declarations sheet properly reflects the correct usage for each vehicle. An incorrectly rated Liberty may be wasting your money.
Do you have enough liability insurance? – The liability coverage on your policy provides coverage when you are determined to be liable for damages from an accident. Your liability coverage provides for a legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is pretty cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
Better credit means lower rates – Credit score is a big factor in calculating your premium rate. So if your credit score could use some work, you could be paying less to insure your Jeep Liberty if you clean up your credit. Insureds that have high credit ratings tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers with poor credit scores.
High performance vehicles cost more to insure – The performance of the car, truck or SUV you drive makes a substantial difference in your auto insurance rates. The cheapest insurance rates are generally reserved for low performance passenger cars, but your final cost has many other factors. Since the Jeep Liberty falls in the standard SUV class, insurance will be slightly more than the average rate where you live in Phoenix.
Auto insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the potentially high cost of Jeep Liberty insurance, insurance is required by state law in Arizona and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Jeep has a lien holder, almost every bank will require that you carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Jeep at a much higher premium rate and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also cover many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Jeep as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your car more than cancel out the cost, especially for larger claims. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying over $869 every year so it’s recommended you shop around every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Auto insurance savings summarized
You just learned quite a bit of information on how to shop for Jeep Liberty insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Phoenix auto insurance, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with an unexpected company. Smaller companies can often provide lower car insurance rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like GEICO and State Farm.
When you buy Phoenix auto insurance online, it’s a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later they didn’t have enough coverage. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Cheaper auto insurance in Phoenix can be bought online in addition to many Phoenix insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some auto insurance companies do not offer online price quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agencies.
More detailed auto insurance information is located in the articles below:
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford F-150 in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for High School Students in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Phoenix Car Insurance Rates for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Phoenix Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Corolla? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Phoenix Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Santa Fe in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Learners Permit in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Highlander in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)