Want low-cost Chrysler Aspen insurance in Phoenix? When searching for lower-priced insurance, are you confused by the crazy number of insurance companies in Phoenix? Lot’s of other people are too. You have so many choices that it can quickly become a real hassle to compare premium rates on Chrysler Aspen insurance. If you’ve ever been there, you know that Phoenix is a great city to live in, but high insurance prices makes it very hard to make ends meet.
Unbelievable but true according to a study over 70% of drivers have purchased from the same company for more than four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never even compared quotes to find cheap rates. Drivers in Phoenix can cut their rates by $733 a year by just comparing quotes, but most tend to underestimate the benefits if they replace their high priced policy.
It’s smart to check insurance prices before your policy renews because prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you think you had the best rates on Chrysler Aspen insurance in Phoenix a year ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate quote today. There is too much inaccurate information about Aspen insurance online, but in just a couple of minutes you can learn a bunch of ideas how to lower your insurance bill.
We hope to teach you a little about the best ways to compare prices and some tricks to saving. If you already have coverage, you will definitely be able to lower your rates using the tips covered below. But Arizona drivers do need to learn the way insurance companies calculate your policy premium and apply this information to your search.
First Step: Get free Chrysler Aspen insurance quotes
Just keep in mind that quoting more helps increase your odds of locating lower pricing.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Arizona. If more than one company is shown, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Can you really save $387 a year?
Big name companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO consistently run ads on television and other media. All the companies advertise claims that you can save if you get a free Phoenix auto insurance quote and switch to their company. How is it plausible that every one can give you a better price on Chrysler Aspen insurance in Phoenix?
Auto insurance companies have a preferred profile for the type of insured that will be a good risk. For example, this type of risk profile may need to be a mature driver, owns a home, and drives newer vehicles. A propective insured who matches that profile gets the lowest car insurance rates and will also pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Consumers who don’t qualify for these standards will probably be forced to pay more expensive rates with the end result being the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ads say “customers who switch” not “everyone who quotes” can get the lowest rates when switching. That’s why insurance companies can confidently make those claims.
Different companies use different criteria so it is so important to get as many free Phoenix auto insurance quotes as possible. Because without a comparison, you cannot know which auto insurance company will give you the biggest savings.
Three main reasons to buy auto insurance
Despite the high cost, buying auto insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Chrysler, more than likely the lender will have a requirement that you carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Chrysler for a much higher rate and make you pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. It will also cover medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Chrysler as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your Aspen more than offset the price you pay, especially when you need to use it. On average, a vehicle owner in Phoenix overpays more than $750 every year so it’s important to compare rates every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Do you qualify for these ten discounts?
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but companies offer discounts that you may not even know about. Certain discounts will be applied when you get a quote, but a few must be manually applied in order for you to get them.
- Paper-free Discount – A few larger online companies may give you up to $50 get Phoenix auto insurance on the web.
- Claim-Free Discount – Insureds with no claims or accidents have much lower rates as compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Good Student Discount – A discount for being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Student in College – Children who attend college more than 100 miles from Phoenix without a vehicle on campus could get you a discount.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car model may earn a small discount compared to insuring an older model.
- Accident Forgiveness – This isn’t a discount exactly, but companies like GEICO, Allstate and Liberty Mutual will let one accident slide without getting socked with a rate hike if your claims history is clear for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers that enable data collection to monitor when and where they use their vehicle by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as State Farm’s In-Drive may get a rate reduction if they show good driving skills.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few insurance companies allow discounts for renewing your policy prior to your current Aspen insurance policy expiring. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Life Insurance – Some companies give a break if you buy life insurance from them.
You should keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But all discounts will help reduce your premiums.
To see insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Phoenix, click here.
Compare rates but buy from a neighborhood Phoenix auto insurance agent
Some consumers would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. An additional benefit of comparing rates online is that you can obtain cheaper rates but still work with a licensed agent. And buying from small agencies is important especially in Phoenix.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your information is transmitted to insurance agents in Phoenix that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent to your email. You can most likely find cheaper rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, feel free to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Choosing an insurance company requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. Any agent in Phoenix should be willing to answer these questions.
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Phoenix?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Does the agent help file claims?
Car insurance is unique, just like you
When it comes to buying the best car insurance coverage, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different.
For example, these questions could help you determine whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Can good grades get a discount?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Car insurance 101
Having a good grasp of your car insurance policy helps when choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many Arizona drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (Arizona limits are 15/30/10), their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea. Normally these coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Coverage for medical expenses
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for short-term medical expenses for things like rehabilitation expenses, hospital visits, ambulance fees and nursing services. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for claims such as hitting a mailbox, rolling your car, damaging your car on a curb and crashing into a ditch. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible on your Aspen to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive car insurance
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like damage from a tornado or hurricane, theft, hitting a bird and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Auto liability insurance
Liability coverage can cover injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people in an accident. This coverage protects you against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have liability limits of 15/30/10 that translate to a $15,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $30,000, and property damage coverage for $10,000. Some companies may use one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which provides one coverage limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage protects against things such as bail bonds, pain and suffering, structural damage, medical expenses and attorney fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but buy as large an amount as possible. Arizona requires drivers to carry at least 15/30/10 but you should think about purchasing higher limits.
Cheap car insurance rates are out there
Drivers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as unfair underwriting practices, questionable increases in premium, policy non-renewal or even being labeled a high risk driver. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
As you quote Phoenix auto insurance, never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage only to regret that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
We just covered a lot of ways to compare Chrysler Aspen insurance auto insurance rates in Phoenix. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies.
More tips and info about car insurance can be found at these sites:
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Hybrid Vehicles in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Chevrolet Malibu in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)