Do you need a better way to compare low-cost Chevy Sonic insurance in Phoenix? Pricey insurance in Phoenix can empty your checking account and force you to make tough financial choices. Doing a price comparison is a smart way to ensure you are getting the best deal.
Unbelievable but true according to a study 70% of consumers have bought insurance from the same company for at least four years, and 38% of customers have never compared insurance rates at all. Many consumers in America could save themselves about 47% a year just by shopping around, but they don’t believe how much money they would save if they replace their high priced policy. People have so many insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and though it is a good thing to be able to choose, it can be more difficult to locate the cheapest rates for Chevy Sonic insurance in Phoenix.
You should take the time to get comparison quotes before your next renewal because prices trend upward over time. If you had the best price on Chevy Sonic insurance in Phoenix a couple years back a different company probably has better rates today. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because you’re about to learn one of the easiest ways to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money on Chevy Sonic insurance in Phoenix.
Affordable Chevy Sonic insurance in Phoenix
Car insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but there are discounts available that you may not even know about. Some discounts will apply at quote time, but a few need to be asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Early Signing – Some car insurance companies provide a discount for switching companies prior to your current Sonic insurance policy expiring. You could save around 10% when you buy Phoenix auto insurance online.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your bill all at once instead of paying each month you could save 5% or more.
- Low Miles Discount – Maintaining low annual mileage could earn substantially lower prices.
- Military Rewards – Having a deployed family member could mean lower prices.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you combine your auto and home insurance and place coverage with the same company you may earn as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Distant Student – Older children who live away from home to go to college and do not take a car to college could qualify for this discount.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims can earn big discounts in comparison to frequent claim filers.
- Government Employees – Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your company.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking a driver safety course could save 5% or more and make you a better driver.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
Companies and a partial list of their discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO may offer discounts for military active duty, defensive driver, seat belt use, anti-theft, driver training, emergency military deployment, and five-year accident-free.
- SAFECO offers discounts for safe driver, bundle discounts, anti-theft, multi-car, and teen safe driver.
- State Farm offers discounts including passive restraint, multiple autos, student away at school, accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, good student, and safe vehicle.
- MetLife has savings for good student, good driver, defensive driver, accident-free, claim-free, multi-policy
- 21st Century has discounts for early bird, good student, student driver, air bags, and 55 and older.
- Progressive may include discounts for homeowner, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, good student, and online quote discount.
If you need lower rates, check with each company or agent how you can save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be available to policyholders in every state. If you would like to see a list of insurers who offer cheap Chevy Sonic insurance quotes in Arizona, click here to view.
Lowering your car insurance rates is pretty simple and can save money. You just need to spend a few minutes on the computer comparing rates provided by online insurance companies.
It’s so easy to compare price quotes online that it replaces the need to physically go to and from local insurance agencies. The ability to buy insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you’re the type of person who wants the trained guidance of a local agency. Some companies do allow you to obtain prices from the web but have a local agent actually write the policy.
The car insurance companies shown below offer price quotes in Arizona. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you compare several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
How to Lower Your Insurance Premiums
The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at some of the things that go into determining your policy premiums. If you know what influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in much lower annual insurance costs. Many factors are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but some are not as apparent like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven.
The list below includes some of the things used by insurance companies to determine your premiums.
Liability coverage is critical – The liability section of your policy will protect you in the event that a jury decides you are liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability insurance is quite affordable as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not skimp.
Low comp and collision deductibles mean high rates – Coverage for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, covers damage that occurs to your Chevy. A few examples of covered claims are a dented fender, vandalism, and rolling your vehicle. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles define how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. The larger the amount you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Annual miles is a factor – The more miles you rack up on your Chevy every year the higher the price you pay to insure it. A lot of insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks used primarily for pleasure use receive better premium rates than those used for commuting. It’s a smart idea to ensure your car insurance coverage properly reflects the proper vehicle usage. An improperly rated Sonic may be costing you.
Add-on coverages you don’t need – There are quite a few additional coverages that can add up on your Sonic policy. Coverage for things like roadside assistance, death and dismemberment, and membership fees are probably not needed. They may seem good when buying your policy, but if they’re wasting money get rid of them and save.
Do thieves like your car? – Owning a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can earn a premium discount. Anti-theft devices such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can help prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
Getting married pays dividends – Being married may earn you lower rates on your policy. Having a significant other may mean you are more mature and responsible and it’s statistically proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Chevy Sonic claim data – Car insurance companies factor in historical loss data as a tool for profitable underwriting. Models that have higher losses will be charged more to insure. The table below outlines the insurance loss data used by companies for Chevy Sonic vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is represented as 100. Values that are 100 or less suggest losses that are better than average, while values that are above 100 indicate frequent claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Chevrolet Sonic Models
|Specific Chevrolet Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Exclusive versus independent insurance agents
Many drivers still like to visit with an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision Professional agents can answer important questions and help you file claims. A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get the best rates but still work with a licensed agent.
Once you complete this short form, your insurance data is submitted to participating agents in Phoenix who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to even leave your home as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. If you need to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance provider, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Deciding on a insurer needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. A good agent in Phoenix will have answers to these questions.
- Does the company have a local claim office in Phoenix?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
When researching a good Phoenix insurance agent, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents that you can choose from. Insurance agencies may be either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s important to point out how they are different because it may have an impact on the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are well trained on the products they sell which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Shown below are Phoenix exclusive agencies who can help you get rate quotes.
Eric Hamilton – State Farm Insurance Agent
10265 W Camelback Rd #120 – Phoenix, AZ 85037 – (623) 848-3048 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent often have many company appointments so they can write business with lots of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your agent finds better pricing, your policy is moved internally and the insured can keep the same agent.
If you are comparing insurance prices, you will definitely want to get several quotes from at least one independent agent to have the most options to choose from.
Below is a list of independent agents in Phoenix willing to provide comparison quotes.
Protect your Chevy Sonic and other assets
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle serves several important purposes.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lien holder, it’s most likely the lender will stipulate that you carry insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Chevy at a much higher premium rate and require you to fork over for the expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects both your Chevy Sonic and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If your Chevy gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your Sonic definitely exceed the price paid, particularly for liability claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays as much as $850 per year so we recommend shopping around once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
When you buy Phoenix auto insurance online, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
We just showed you a lot of information how to compare Chevy Sonic insurance prices in Phoenix. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with the least-expected company. Smaller companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Much more information about car insurance in Arizona is available on the following sites:
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Rogue in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- How Much is Phoenix Car Insurance for Good Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Business Use in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Subaru Outback in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)