Want to learn how to find more affordable Saturn Sky insurance in Phoenix? Locating the lowest price Phoenix Saturn Sky insurance quotes might seem somewhat intimidating for consumers who are new to comparison shopping on the web. With such a large choice of companies in the marketplace, how are we expected to even start to compare every company to locate better auto insurance prices?
It’s hard to fathom, but almost 70% of drivers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared auto insurance rates at all. Drivers in Arizona could save up to $733 each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t believe how much money they would save if they replace their high priced policy.
Decisions You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Prices
Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, but others are more transparent like where you live or how financially stable you are. Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that are used to determine your premiums. If you have some idea of what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with lower rates.
- Policy lapses raise rates – Going without insurance is a fast way to pay more for car insurance. And not only will insurance be more expensive, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could earn you a steep fine or even jail time.
- Don’t cut corners with liability coverage – The liability section of your policy will protect you if ever you are determined to be liable for damages from an accident. It provides legal defense coverage to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability is cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Discounts for theft deterrents – Purchasing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Theft prevention devices such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all aid in stopping auto theft.
- Does insurance coverage cost less for women? – Over time, data shows that females tend to be a little less risky than males. The data does not necessarily mean that males are worse at driving than females. Both sexes cause fender benders in similar numbers, but the men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only that, but men also get more serious tickets like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
How to lower your Saturn Sky insurance cost in Phoenix, AZ
It’s important to know that quoting more gives you a better chance of getting a lower rate than you’re paying now. Some smaller insurers do not give rate quotes online, so you also need to get rates from the smaller companies as well.
The following companies are our best choices to provide free quotes in Arizona. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you visit several of them to get the most competitive price.
Save $457 a year. For real?
Auto insurance companies such as 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm regularly use ads in print and on television. They all seem to try to convey promises of big savings if you move your coverage to them. How does every auto insurance company charge lower premium rates? Just pay attention to how they say it.
Many companies are able to cherry pick for a prospective insured that earns them the most money. A good example of a preferred risk may need to be a mature driver, has no prior claims, and drives a vehicle with a low ISO rating. Anyone who fits those characteristics is entitled to the best price and therefore will save a lot of money.
Insureds who fall outside the “perfect” profile will be quoted higher rates and this results in the customer not purchasing. If you listen to the ad wording, they say “drivers that switch” not “everyone that quotes” will save that much if they switch. That is how insurance companies can confidently make the claims of big savings.
Because of this risk profiling, drivers should do a quote comparison often. It is impossible to guess the company that will fit your personal profile best.
Auto insurance is not optional
Even though it can be expensive, auto insurance serves an important purpose.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, most banks will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Saturn at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects your Saturn and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your car outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying more than $855 a year so you should quote and compare rates at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
Get cheaper rates on Saturn Sky insurance in Phoenix with these discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always advertise their entire list of discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find both well-publicized and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using when you buy Phoenix auto insurance online.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving can save 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Own a Home – Owning a home in Phoenix may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance because owning a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Paper-free Discount – A few auto insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks just for signing your application over the internet.
- No Claims – Drivers who don’t have accidents get the best auto insurance rates in comparison with bad drivers.
- Bundle and Save – If you insure your home and vehicles and place coverage with the same company you could save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Driving Data Discount – Phoenix drivers who agree to allow driving data collection to analyze vehicle usage by using a telematics device in their vehicle like Allstate’s Drivewise may see discounts if they are good drivers.
Discounts lower rates, but most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, that’s just not realistic.
Popular auto insurance companies and their offered discounts include:
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include safe driver, good student, renewal discount, youthful driver, 55 and retired, and multi-policy.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for Drive Safe & Save, driver’s education, multiple autos, student away at school, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Progressive offers discounts for continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-vehicle, online signing, online quote discount, and good student.
- Allstate offers discounts including utility vehicle, 55 and retired, multi-policy, auto/life discount, senior citizen, EZ pay plan discount, and defensive driver.
- Nationwide has discounts for accident-free, family plan, multi-policy, easy pay, anti-theft, good student, and defensive driving.
- MetLife has savings for claim-free, multi-policy, good driver, defensive driver, accident-free, good student
If you need affordable Phoenix auto insurance quotes, ask every prospective company to give you their best rates. Some credits might not be offered on policies in Phoenix.
Local neighborhood agents and car insurance
Many people would rather sit down and talk to an agent. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain the best rates but also keep your business local. Putting coverage with neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Phoenix.
Upon completion of this quick form, the coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents who will return price quotes for your car insurance coverage. You won’t need to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific car insurance provider, just visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
If you want a local agent, there are a couple of types of insurance agents and how they function. Car insurance agencies can be described as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent agents do not sell for just one brand so they have the ability to put coverage with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move the coverage in-house and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparing rate quotes, you will want to contact several independent agencies to get the best comparison. Most also have access to less well-known companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Shown below is a list of independent agents in Phoenix that may be able to provide free car insurance quotes.
- UNO Insurance Agency
3510 E Bell Rd # 2 – Phoenix, AZ 85032 – (602) 493-2300 – View Map
- Rodriguez Insurance
5720 N 27th Ave – Phoenix, AZ 85017 – (602) 242-5303 – View Map
- MiniCo Insurance Agency, LLC
10851 N Black Canyon Hwy #200 – Phoenix, AZ 85029 – (800) 528-1056 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to shop your coverage around so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are trained well in insurance sales which helps them compete with independent agents. Some insured continue to use the same agent mainly due to the brand legacy and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agents in Phoenix that are able to give price quotes.
- John Abercrombie III – State Farm Insurance Agent
7207 N 7th St – Phoenix, AZ 85020 – (602) 906-0299 – View Map
- Brian Stevens – State Farm Insurance Agent
21043 N Cave Creek Rd A12 – Phoenix, AZ 85024 – (602) 569-6600 – View Map
- Bob Schneider – State Farm Insurance Agent
243 W Portland St – Phoenix, AZ 85003 – (602) 277-2687 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agency should depend on more than just the quoted price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- How are they compensated?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
If you feel you receive good feedback to any questions you may have as well as offering an affordable quote, most likely you have located an insurance agent that can be relied on to properly service your car insurance policy.
Do I need special coverages?
When buying the right insurance coverage, there really isn’t a “perfect” insurance plan. You are unique and your policy should reflect that.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- What happens if I owe more than my Saturn Sky is worth?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Should I rate my Saturn Sky as pleasure use or commute?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
Lower-priced Saturn Sky insurance in Phoenix is available on the web and from local insurance agents, so you need to quote Phoenix auto insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies may not have online rate quotes and usually these small, regional companies sell through local independent agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, drivers have reduced physical damage coverage only to discover later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your strategy should be to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford and still be able to protect your assets.
More learning opportunities
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Used Cars in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Phoenix Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Phoenix Car Insurance Quotes for Active Military? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Phoenix Auto Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)