Do you want to save money by buying more competitive Toyota Prius V insurance in Phoenix? Are you sick and tired of wondering where the money will come from to pay high insurance rates every month? You are no different than the majority of other vehicle owners in Arizona.
It’s hard to fathom, but a large majority of consumers kept buying from the same company for four years or more, and roughly 40% of drivers have never shopped around. Many consumers in Phoenix can cut their rates by 50% a year, but they underestimate the amount of money they would save if they switch to a new company. Vehicle owners have so many insurance companies to choose from, and even though it’s nice to be able to choose, too many choices makes it more difficult to locate the cheapest rates for Toyota Prius V insurance in Phoenix.
Comparison shopping for the lowest cost coverage in Phoenix is not as hard as you think. If you already have coverage or just want a better rate, you can use these tips to get lower rates while maximizing coverage. Comparison shoppers only have to learn the most time-saving way to compare price quotes online.
The companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in Arizona. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Get cheaper Toyota Prius V insurance in Phoenix with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always advertise every discount available very clearly, so we break down some of the best known and also the more inconspicuous credits available to you. If you don’t get every credit possible, you could be saving more on your car insurance.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Forcing all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Sign Early and Save – A few companies give discounts for switching policies prior to the expiration date on your current Prius V insurance policy. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- One Accident Forgiven – This one is not really a discount per se, but some companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm will allow you to have one accident before your rates go up with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Phoenix drivers who agree to allow their car insurance company to spy on when and where they use their vehicle by installing a telematics device such as State Farm’s In-Drive could possibly reduce rates if they are good drivers.
- Home Ownership Discount – Just owning your own home can save a few bucks because maintaining a house is proof that your finances are in order.
- College Student – Youth drivers living away from Phoenix attending college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle could qualify for this discount.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices have a lower chance of being stolen and will save you 10% or more on Prius V insurance in Phoenix.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active duty in the military could mean lower car insurance rates.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control can avoid accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Cautious Driver Discounts – Safe drivers may save up to 50% more than drivers with accident claims.
Policy discounts save money, but some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So even though you would think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The best car insurance companies and their possible discounts are included below.
- State Farm has savings for driver’s education, Drive Safe & Save, good student, accident-free, and passive restraint.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for air bags, seat belt use, federal employee, military active duty, and anti-theft.
- Allstate includes discounts for auto/life discount, EZ pay plan discount, FullPay discount, senior citizen, premier plus, teenSMART discount, and 55 and retired.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include teen safe driver, homeowner, safe driver, drive less, and teen safety rewards.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for renewal discount, 55 and retired, driver training, good student, multi-vehicle, and safe driver.
- Progressive offers discounts for online signing, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and good student.
- AAA discounts include pay-in-full, anti-theft, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, good student, and good driver.
If you want inexpensive Phoenix car insurance quotes, ask every company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policyholders in Phoenix. To locate providers that offer many of these discounts in Arizona, follow this link.
Three good reasons to insure your vehicle
Despite the high cost, paying for car insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Toyota, it’s most likely the lender will force you to buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your Toyota at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your car and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical bills incurred in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying car insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in America is overpaying over $810 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Can’t I compare rate quotes from local Phoenix insurance agencies?
A small number of people just want to go talk to an agent and that is OK! Professional insurance agents are trained risk managers and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find lower auto insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is definitely important in Phoenix.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, the coverage information is sent to local insurance agents that give free quotes for your coverage. You don’t have to leave your house since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Selecting an company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions to ask:
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Phoenix?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
After getting reasonable responses to these questions as well as offering an affordable quote, you’ve probably found a company that will properly service your car insurance policy. But keep in mind you can always cancel your policy at any time so don’t think you are locked into the car insurance policy with no way out.