Do you want to save money by buying cheaper Nissan Pathfinder insurance in Phoenix? Are you regretting buying an expensive car insurance policy? Don’t sweat it because many consumers are feeling buyer’s remorse and feel like there’s no way out.
Regrettably, the vast majority of drivers have remained with the same car insurance company for at least four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. Many drivers in Phoenix could save up to $733 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but most just don’t grasp the large savings they would see if they bought a different policy.
There is such a variety of car insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and although it’s nice to have multiple companies, too many choices makes it more difficult to get the best deal for Nissan Pathfinder insurance in Phoenix.
Smart consumers take time to do price comparisons yearly because prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. If you had the lowest price on Nissan Pathfinder insurance in Phoenix a year ago a different company probably has better rate quotes today. You can find a lot of wrong information about Pathfinder insurance online but you can learn some tested techniques to reduce your car insurance bill.
Locating more affordable policy in Phoenix is not as confusing as people think. Just about every car owner who needs more affordable insurance most likely will find a lower-cost company. But Arizona drivers do need to understand how companies sell insurance online and apply this information to your search.
The method we recommend to compare insurance rates in your area is to realize most insurance companies participate in online systems to give rate comparisons. All you need to do is take a few minutes to give details like whether the vehicles are used for commuting, if you lease or own, the make and model of your vehicles, and if your license is active. The data is automatically sent to multiple top-rated companies and they return rate quotes immediately.
To check car insurance prices now, click here and complete the quick form.
The following companies can provide price comparisons in Arizona. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Pathfinder S 2WD||$194||$376||$314||$18||$94||$996||$83|
|Pathfinder S 4WD||$294||$382||$392||$24||$118||$1,210||$101|
|Pathfinder SE 2WD||$210||$296||$308||$18||$92||$924||$77|
|Pathfinder SE 4WD||$140||$232||$362||$22||$108||$864||$72|
|Pathfinder LE 2WD||$212||$314||$300||$18||$90||$934||$78|
|Pathfinder LE 4WD||$182||$308||$314||$18||$94||$916||$76|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and safe-driver. Estimates do not factor in specific location which can alter price quotes considerably.
Physical damage deductible comparison
The illustration below shows how choosing a deductible and can impact Nissan Pathfinder insurance prices for different ages of insureds. The costs are based on a married female driver, full coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Auto insurance rates by gender and age
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Nissan Pathfinder auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data assumes no tickets, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
How careless driving impacts auto insurance rates
The illustration below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault fender-benders can increase Nissan Pathfinder auto insurance rates for each age group. The information is based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Discounts can help lower premiums on Nissan Pathfinder insurance in Phoenix
Auto insurance companies do not advertise every policy discount in an easy-to-find place, so the list below contains both the well known and also the more inconspicuous credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Cautious Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen less frequently and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Accident Free – Phoenix drivers who stay claim-free can save substantially when compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Onboard Data Collection – Insureds who allow data collection to scrutinize vehicle usage through the use of a telematics system like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm may see discounts if they are good drivers.
- Government Employees – Active or former government employment can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your company.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Just being a homeowner can earn you a little savings due to the fact that maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- E-sign – Certain insurance companies may give you up to $50 simply for signing over the internet.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Despite the fact that it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, nobody gets a free ride. But all discounts will definitely lower your policy premium.
If you would like to choose from a list of companies with discount insurance rates in Phoenix, click here.
Insurance agent or online?
A lot of people would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and often times that is recommended The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you may find lower rates and still have a local agent. Putting coverage with local agents is definitely important in Phoenix.
After filling out this quick form, your coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to contact any agents because prices are sent to you. It’s the lowest rates and work with a local agent. If you wish to get a price quote for a specific company, you can always navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Exclusive agents vs. Independent agents
If you want to buy car insurance from a reliable agent, you need to know there are two different types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agents are classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be independent do not have single company limitations so they have the ability to put coverage through many companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a cheaper price, they simply switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured. When shopping rates, we recommend you get quotes from independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Listed below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Phoenix who can help you get free car insurance rate quotes.
Exclusive agents can only place business with one company like Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. They are unable to place coverage with different providers so keep that in mind. Exclusive agencies are trained well on the products they sell which aids in selling service over price.
Shown below are Phoenix exclusive insurance agencies that can give you comparison quotes.
Eric Hamilton – State Farm Insurance Agent
10265 W Camelback Rd #120 – Phoenix, AZ 85037 – (623) 848-3048 – View Map
Andy Carrillo – State Farm Insurance Agent
4713 E Southern Ave – Phoenix, AZ 85042 – (602) 426-8088 – View Map
Finding a good insurance agency shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
If you feel you receive good answers for all questions you ask as well as offering an affordable quote, you may have just found an insurance agency that is professional and can service your policy. Just be aware that once you purchase a policy you can terminate your policy at any time so don’t assume that you are permanently stuck with a specific company for the full policy term.
Phoenix Insurance Costs are Influenced by These Factors
Many different elements are used when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, but other factors are less obvious such as your marital status or how safe your car is. When buying car insurance it’s important to understand the factors that go into determining your premiums. If you understand what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with cheaper rates.
The factors shown below are some of the most rate-impacting factors that factor into rates.
Only buy what you need – There are quite a few extra coverages that can add up on your car insurance policy. Insurance for replacement cost coverage, death and dismemberment, and membership fees may not be needed and are just wasting money. You may think they are a good idea when you first buy your policy, but your needs may have changed so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Accidents can increase premiums – Even one citation may cause rates to rise forty percent or more. Drivers who don’t get tickets get better prices as compared to those with violations. Drivers who have license-revoking citations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence might be required by their state to maintain a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
Choose high IIHS safety ratings and save – Safe vehicles cost less to insure. Safe vehicles reduce occupant injuries and fewer serious injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims which can result in lower premiums. If your Nissan earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov it is probably cheaper to insure.
Married drivers get cheaper rates – Walking down the aisle can get you a discount compared to being single. Having a significant other demonstrates that you tend to be more mature and responsible and statistics prove drivers who are married are more cautious.
Insurance premiums and vehicle performance – The type of car, truck or SUV you drive makes a substantial difference in the rate you pay. The most favorable rates are usually found on economy passenger cars, but many other things help determine your insurance rates. Due to the fact that the Nissan Pathfinder is classified as a standard SUV, insurance will be slightly more compared to average rates in Phoenix.
Multiple policies with one company can save – Lots of car insurance companies afford lower prices to insureds who have multiple policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to 10 percent or more. Even if you qualify for this discount already, you may still want to comparison shop to ensure the best deal.
Nissan Pathfinder insurance loss statistics – Companies use past insurance losses in order to profitably underwrite each model. Models that tend to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have a higher cost to insure.
The table below shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Nissan Pathfinder vehicles. For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is set at 100. Values that are 100 or less imply a favorable loss record, while numbers above 100 show a trend for more claims or statistically larger claims.
Nissan Pathfinder Insurance Claim Statistics
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Nissan Pathfinder 4dr 2WD||99||114||83||106||101||108|
|Nissan Pathfinder 4dr 4WD||111||121||89||108||97||105|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Protect your Pathfinder and other assets
Even though it can be expensive, insuring your vehicle serves a purpose in several ways.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Nissan Pathfinder, it’s most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you buy insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Nissan at a much higher rate and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your Nissan Pathfinder and your assets. It will also reimburse you for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying car insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially if you ever need it. On average, a vehicle owner in Phoenix overpays as much as $800 each year so shop around once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
You can find cheaper coverage
While you’re price shopping online, don’t be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your objective should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost, not the least amount of coverage.
We just showed you a lot of tips how to lower your Nissan Pathfinder insurance premium rates in Phoenix. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from a lesser-known regional company. Some small companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
Much more information about car insurance in Arizona is located at these links:
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Phoenix Car Insurance Rates for a Jeep Grand Cherokee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Electric Cars in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Phoenix Auto Insurance for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)