Would you prefer to buy cheaper auto insurance rates in Phoenix, AZ? Phoenix shoppers have options when shopping for low-cost Jaguar XJ insurance. They can either spend hours struggling with agents getting price quotes or leverage the internet to make rate comparisons. There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for auto insurance and we’ll show you the best way to price shop coverage for a new or used Jaguar and get the lowest price.
A study showed that nearly 70% of Arizona drivers have remained with the same auto insurance company for at least four years, and nearly half have never compared rates with other companies. Consumers in the U.S. can cut their rates by nearly 46.5% a year by just shopping around, but they underestimate the big savings they would realize if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Smart consumers take time to compare premium rates periodically due to the fact that insurance prices are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you found the lowest rates on Jaguar XJ insurance in Phoenix a couple years back a different company probably has better rate quotes today. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you’re about to learn the quickest way to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
Buying the cheapest insurance in Phoenix is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you are paying for car insurance now, you will definitely be able to lower your rates using the techniques covered below. Shoppers just have to learn the most effective way to compare rate quotes over the internet.
The quickest method to get policy rate comparisons for Jaguar XJ insurance in Phoenix is to understand auto insurance companies participate in a system to compare their rates. The one thing you need to do is provide information such as your general credit rating, if you require a SR-22, the type of vehicles you drive, and what you do for a living. Your insurance information gets transmitted to multiple top-rated companies and they return rate quotes with very little delay.
To check car insurance prices now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The companies shown below provide comparison quotes in Arizona. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XJ SWB 4-Dr Sedan||$248||$420||$392||$24||$118||$1,202||$100|
|XJ LWB 4-Dr Sedan||$364||$908||$338||$20||$102||$1,732||$144|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, and homeowner. Premium amounts do not factor in your specific Phoenix location which can alter premium rates greatly.
Rate difference between full and liability-only coverage
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Jaguar XJ insurance premiums with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The premiums are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $100 deductibles, married male driver, and no discounts are applied.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no definitive guideline of when to exclude full coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of having full coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Jaguar XJ replacement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $5,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying more than $500 annually to have full coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some scenarios where buying only liability insurance is not in your best interest. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not opt for liability only.
Comparison of policy deductibles
The example below demonstrates how deductible levels and can influence Jaguar XJ insurance prices for different age categories. The premiums are based on a single male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Phoenix insurance discounts for a Jaguar XJ
Some insurance providers don’t always list every possible discount very well, so below is a list some of the more common and the more hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates. If you do not double check each discount you deserve, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Claim-Free Discount – Drivers with accident-free driving histories are rewarded with significantly better rates on Phoenix auto insurance quote as compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you can bundle your auto and home insurance with one company you could save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Organization Discounts – Being a member of qualifying employment or professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on your bill.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles prevent vehicle theft and will qualify for a discount on a Phoenix auto insurance quote.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying insurance for multiple vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Some insurance carriers give a small discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- Safety Course Discount – Passing a course teaching driver safety skills could possibly earn you a 5% discount and make you a better driver.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use a seat belt can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
Don’t be shocked that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. If you do the math and it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
To choose companies that offer many of these discounts in Arizona, click here.
Shop online but buy locally
Certain consumers still like to buy from a licensed agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Insurance agents will help you protect your assets and help in the event of a claim. A good thing about comparing car insurance online is that you can obtain the lowest rates and still choose a local agent.
Once you complete this quick form, the coverage information is emailed to agents in your area who will give you bids to get your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to find an agent as quotes are delivered immediately to you. If for some reason you want to quote rates for a specific company, you would need to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Finding a good insurer shouldn’t rely on just the bottom line cost. A good agent in Phoenix will have answers to these questions.
- Are they full-time agents?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Is there a local claims center in Phoenix?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- How long have they been in business?
The different types of car insurance agents
If you are searching for a local agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies that you can choose from. Car insurance agencies can either be exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both types can sell car insurance policies, but it is important to understand how they are different since it can affect buying decisions.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can only place business with one company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They usually cannot compare rates from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies are very knowledgeable in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers sometimes choose to use a exclusive agent partially due to loyalty to the company rather than having low rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Phoenix that are able to give price quotes.
- State Farm: Mat Herseth
751 E Union Hills Dr #A9, Phoenix 85024 – 751 E Union Hills Dr #A9, AZ 85024 – (602) 788-6700 – View Map
- Mattie Taylor – State Farm Insurance Agent
4225 W Bell Rd – Phoenix, AZ 85053 – (602) 938-4491 – View Map
- Arly Sanchez – State Farm Insurance Agent
1625 N 51st Ave Ste 103 – Phoenix, AZ 85035 – (602) 455-2886 – View Map
Agents that elect to be independent are not limited to a single company and that enables them to quote your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to switch agencies. When comparing car insurance prices, we recommend you get several quotes from at least one independent agent so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most can insure with different regional companies which can be an advantage.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Phoenix willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Daniels Nicolson Insurance Agency, Inc
4411 N 19th Ave – Phoenix, AZ 85015 – (800) 972-1893 – View Map
- Rodriguez Insurance
5720 N 27th Ave – Phoenix, AZ 85017 – (602) 242-5303 – View Map
- Best Buy Insurance
3917 S Central Ave – Phoenix, AZ 85040 – (602) 268-2548 – View Map
What Determines Jaguar XJ Insurance Rates?
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing the factors that play a part in calculating your car insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
Shown below are a few of the “ingredients” car insurance companies consider when setting your prices.
- Liability insurance is cheap – Your car insurance policy’s liability coverage is the coverage that protects you if ever you are found liable for personal injury or accident damage. Your liability coverage provides you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Driving citations mean higher prices – Having just one speeding ticket or other violation may cause rates to rise substantially. Drivers with clean records pay lower auto insurance prices compared to bad drivers. Drivers who have received license-revoking tickets like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find that they have to to file a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Get married and pay less – Getting married may cut your premiums on car insurance. Marriage generally demonstrates drivers are more financially stable and insurance companies like that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Men drivers tend to cost more – Over time, data shows women are more cautious behind the wheel. The data does not necessarily mean that females are better at driving than males. Males and females cause at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but guys have costlier accidents. Men also statistically have more aggressive citations like reckless driving and DUI. Male drivers age 16 to 19 tend to get in the most accidents and therefore pay the highest rates.
- Raising coverage deductibles saves money – Comp and collision deductibles state the amount of money you are required to pay in the event of a claim. Insurance for physical damage, aka comp and collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Examples of some claims that would be covered are rearending another vehicle, collision with a deer, and damage from wind. The more expense you’re willing to pay, the better rate you will receive.
- Rates can be impacted by your occupation – Occupational choices like military personnel, executives and medical professionals usually pay higher rates than the rest of us in part from high stress and incredibly demanding work hours. On the other hand, occupations such as scientists, engineers and performers generally pay rates lower than average.
- Experienced drivers pay less – Beginning drivers in Arizona are statistically proven to get distracted easily behind the wheel therefore car insurance rates are much higher. Parents adding a teenage driver onto a policy can be quite pricey. Older, more experienced drivers are shown to be more cautious, tend to file fewer claims, and are safer drivers.
- Jaguar XJ insurance loss probability – Insurance companies use historical loss data when they file their rates in each state. Vehicles that the data determines to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have a higher premium rate. The information below illustrates the insurance loss data for Jaguar XJ vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together is a value of 100. Values that are under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or statistically larger losses.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Jaguar XJ Models
Specific Jaguar Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Jaguar XJ 4dr 2WD 254 Jaguar XJ 4dr 4WD 169 236 Jaguar XJ 4dr LWB 2WD 210 88 149 Jaguar XJ 4dr LWB 4WD 238 198
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Here’s why insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle serves a purpose in several ways.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your XJ with a loan, most banks will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Jaguar at a significantly higher premium and force you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your car outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Phoenix is overpaying over $800 each year so it’s important to compare rates each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
One last thing to lower rates
Cheaper Jaguar XJ insurance in Phoenix is attainable on the web as well as from independent agents in Phoenix, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. A few companies don’t offer rates over the internet and most of the time these regional insurance providers work with local independent agencies.
Consumers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including high prices, poor customer service, lack of trust in their agent or even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Whatever your reason, choosing a new company is easier than you think.
We covered a lot of ways to shop for Jaguar XJ insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your auto insurance rates. Drivers may even discover the lowest rates are with a small mutual company.
Much more information about car insurance in Arizona can be read below:
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for High Risk Drivers in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)