No one in their right mind is fond of buying auto insurance, in particular when the cost is way too high.
A recent auto insurance study revealed that the vast majority of consumers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for more than four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. The average driver in Arizona could pocket as much as $700 a year by just comparing quotes, but they just don’t understand how much savings they would realize if they moved their coverage to a different company.
Drivers have many car insurance companies to pick from, and although it’s nice to have a choice, having more insurers makes it harder to compare rates and find the lowest cost auto insurance.
Finding affordable coverage in Phoenix seems hard but is not really that difficult. Basically, each driver who is required to buy auto insurance will most likely be able to reduce their rates. But Arizona consumers must learn the way companies market insurance on the web.
Insurance rates and discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you might already qualify for some discounts to cut the cost considerably. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you complete an application, but some discounts are required to be requested specifically before you will receive the discount. If you do not check that you are getting every discount possible, you may be paying too high a price.
- Telematics Data – Insureds that choose to allow their company to look at where and when they drive by using a telematic data system such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system may get a rate reduction if they have good driving habits.
- College Student Discount – Children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Phoenix and do not take a car to college may qualify for this discount.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars and trucks with ABS and/or traction control have fewer accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- E-sign Discounts – Some of the larger companies will give you a small discount for signing up on the web.
- Drivers Ed for Students – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers enroll in driver’s education in high school.
- Professional Organizations – Having an affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in Phoenix could trigger savings on your bill.
Drivers should understand that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
Large insurance companies and the discounts they provide include:
- State Farm includes discounts for driver’s education, anti-theft, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, passive restraint, multiple autos, and Drive Safe & Save.
- GEICO offers discounts including anti-theft, seat belt use, multi-policy, five-year accident-free, and emergency military deployment.
- SAFECO has discounts for multi-car, anti-theft, teen safe driver, safe driver, and teen safety rewards.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include mature driver, multi-car, teen driver, good student, early shopping, and pay in full.
- AAA discounts include multi-policy, AAA membership discount, multi-car, pay-in-full, anti-theft, education and occupation, and good driver.
- USAA offers premium reductions for good student, loyalty savings, annual mileage, multi-vehicle, safe driver, and family discount.
Double check with all the companies which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policies in Phoenix.
Compare free Phoenix Honda CR-Z insurance quotes
When price shopping your coverage, getting more free quotes provides better odds of finding more affordable rates.
The companies shown below can provide quotes in Phoenix, AZ. If multiple companies are shown, it’s highly recommended you get price quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
How Car Insurance Companies Determine Honda CR-Z Insurance Prices
Many factors are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, but other factors are not quite as obvious such as your marital status or your vehicle rating. When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand the different types of things that aid in calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in lower auto insurance prices.
Gender and insurance prices – The statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that women are BETTER drivers than men. Males and females are responsible for auto accidents in similar numbers, but guys tend to have more serious accidents. Men also get more serious tickets such as reckless driving. Male teenagers cause the most accidents and thus pay the highest rates.
Affects performance affects rates – The make and model of the vehicle you drive makes a big difference in the rate you pay. Since the Honda CR-Z is classified as a passenger car, insuring your vehicle will cost similar in price or lower when compared to the average rates in Phoenix. Low performance passenger vehicles receive the most favorable rates, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
You might want pay the minor insurance claims yourself – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can definitely plan on higher rates. Auto insurance companies in Arizona provide discounts to policyholders who are claim-free. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for claims that pose a financial burden.
With age comes responsibility – Young drivers in Arizona are statistically proven to be more careless when at the wheel of a vehicle so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Older insureds are shown to be more cautious, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are safer drivers.
Costs and your address – Having an address in less populated areas of the country is a positive aspect when talking about auto insurance. Drivers in populated areas have to deal with much more traffic and higher rates of accident claims. Less people living in that area means less chance of accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
Consolidate policies with the same company – Many auto insurance companies give a discount to clients that buy multiple policies in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, you still need to check prices from other companies to ensure the best deal.There is a good possibility that you can find a better deal by splitting coverages up.
Save money by raising coverage deductibles – Your deductibles are how much you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. Protection for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, insures against damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered are collision with another vehicle, fire damage, and damage caused by road hazards. The more expense you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
Annual miles is a factor – The higher the miles on your Honda every year the higher your rate. Many insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos that sit idle most of the time can be on a lower rate level than those that get driven frequently. Make sure your declarations sheet is showing annual mileage. Having an incorrect usage rating on your CR-Z is throwing money out the window.
Honda CR-Z statistical loss data – Insurance companies analyze historical claim data to determine a rate that will be profitable for them. Vehicles that tend to have increased losses will have higher rates. The next table illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Honda CR-Z vehicles.
For each coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles compiled together is equal to 100. Numbers under 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers above 100 indicate frequent claims or tendency to have higher losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Honda CR-Z Vehicles
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Honda CR-Z Hybrid||106||87||83||98|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
When should I contact an agent?
Many drivers prefer to get advice from a local agent and that can be a smart move One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find better rates and still have a local agent.
By using this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Phoenix who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent to your email. Get lower rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, just jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding a good insurer needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. The following questions are important to ask.
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Phoenix?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
Choosing Honda CR-Z insurance is an important decision
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Honda CR-Z in Phoenix, maintaining insurance is mandatory in Arizona but it also protects more than you think.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Honda CR-Z, more than likely the lender will require that you buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Honda at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Auto insurance protects not only your Honda but also your financial assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your CR-Z are without a doubt worth the cost, especially with large liability claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays as much as $869 every year so you should quote rates every year to save money.
Compare car insurance rates regularly to save
We just showed you a lot of information how to shop for Honda CR-Z insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the best price on car insurance is with the smaller companies. Some small companies may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Budget-conscious Honda CR-Z insurance is attainable on the web in addition to many Phoenix insurance agents, so you need to quote Phoenix car insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies do not offer online price quotes and usually these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
As you restructure your insurance plan, don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where an insured dropped liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Much more information about car insurance in Arizona can be read below:
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Equinox in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Phoenix Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tundra? (FAQ)
- How Much is Phoenix Car Insurance for Good Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Phoenix Auto Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)