No one in their right mind loves paying for insurance, especially when they are aware that they could find better rates elsewhere.
Unfortunately, most insurance policyholders in Arizona have purchased from the same company for at least the last four years, and 38% of drivers have never shopped around. Many drivers in the United States can cut their rates by 46.5% a year just by comparing rates, but they don’t want to take the time to shop around. Big companies like GEICO, Farmers Insurance and State Farm increase brand awareness with ads and it is challenging if not impossible to ignore the flashy ads and find the best price available.
Discount Phoenix insurance quotes
Companies don’t always advertise every discount available very well, so the list below details a few of the more common and the more hidden credits available to you.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some companies reward drivers for buying a policy prior to your current 124 Spider insurance policy expiration. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but some companies like State Farm and Allstate will allow you to have one accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to the accident.
- College Student – Kids who live away from home at college and do not take a car to college may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Home Ownership Discount – Just owning your own home can help you save on insurance since owning and maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Drivers over the age of 55 may be able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Sign Online – Many insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for completing your application on their website.
Don’t be shocked that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Insurance companies that may include most of the discounts above include:
Before you buy a policy, ask each company which discounts can lower your rates. Some credits might not be available to policyholders in Phoenix.
Most of the larger companies make it easy to get prices direct online. Obtaining pricing for Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Phoenix doesn’t take a lot of time because it’s just a matter of typing in your personal and coverage information into the quote form. When complete, their system collects your driving and credit reports and quotes a price determined by many factors. The ability to get online quotes for Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Phoenix simplifies rate comparisons, and it’s necessary to have as many quotes as possible in order to get cheap rates.
To save time and find out how much you can save on car insurance, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you duplicate deductibles and limits identical to your current policy. This makes sure you will receive a fair comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The car insurance companies shown below can provide price quotes in Arizona. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
What is the best car insurance coverage?
When it comes to buying coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s needs are different so your insurance needs to address that. These are some specific questions can help discover if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Fiat 124 Spider?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
When to have guidance from an agent
Many drivers still prefer to buy from a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Insurance agents can answer important questions and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you can get cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local. Buying from and supporting neighborhood agents is important particularly in Phoenix.
After filling out this simple form, your information is immediately sent to companies in Phoenix who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a particular provider, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
What type of Phoenix car insurance agent is right for you?
When searching for a local Phoenix insurance agent, there are two different types of agencies that you can select. Agents can either be exclusive agents or independent agents. Both can sell insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know the difference in the companies they write for because it can factor into your agent selection.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents do not work for one specific company so as a result can place your coverage through many different insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, your policy is moved internally and you stay with the same agent.
When comparing rate quotes, you will want to get some free quotes from a few independent agents in order to compare the most rates.
Below are independent agents in Phoenix who may be able to give you comparison quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents are contracted to one company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price.
The following is a short list of exclusive agents in Phoenix that are able to give price quote information.
Mary Parada – State Farm Insurance Agent
3414 W Bell Rd – Phoenix, AZ 85053 – (602) 942-9202 – View Map
Finding a good insurance agency requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions to ask:
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
Buying the right Fiat vehicle insurance in Arizona is an important decision
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance is mandatory in Arizona but it also protects more than you think.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Fiat, almost every bank will stipulate that you have full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you let the policy lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Fiat for a lot more money and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Fiat but also your assets. It will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays more than $830 a year so we recommend shopping around at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Information about specific coverages
Knowing the specifics of your car insurance policy can be of help when determining the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Below you’ll find the usual coverages available from car insurance companies.
Auto collision coverage
Collision insurance pays for damage to your 124 Spider caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things like colliding with another moving vehicle, scraping a guard rail, damaging your car on a curb, backing into a parked car and crashing into a ditch. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible on your 124 Spider to bring the cost down.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Fiat 124 Spider.
Since many Arizona drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (15/30/10), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea. Usually these limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as hail damage, damage from getting keyed, hitting a bird, vandalism and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The maximum payout a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Coverage for liability
Liability insurance protects you from damage that occurs to people or other property in an accident. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 15/30/10 which means $15,000 bodily injury coverage, $30,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have a combined single limit or CSL which provides one coverage limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as attorney fees, funeral expenses, court costs and legal defense fees. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but buy as much as you can afford. Arizona requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/10 but you should think about purchasing higher limits.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses such as pain medications, surgery, ambulance fees and X-ray expenses. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
What is YOUR best insurance company?
You just read some good ideas how to shop for Fiat 124 Spider insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Phoenix auto insurance, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the lowest rates come from a lesser-known regional company. They may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.
When buying insurance coverage, don’t be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced collision coverage and learned later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
For more information, take a look at the articles below:
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Inexperienced Drivers in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Phoenix Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 70? (FAQ)
- How Much is Phoenix Auto Insurance for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Phoenix Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)