Searching for more competitive Dodge Ram 3500 insurance in Phoenix? Have you had enough of scraping the payment together to pay insurance each month? Your situation is no different than the majority of other people in Arizona.
Sad but true, a large majority of consumers have bought insurance from the same company for a minimum of four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. American drivers could save themselves about $860 a year just by comparing rates, but they just don’t understand the big savings they would realize if they switched to a cheaper policy. You have multiple auto insurance companies to pick from, and although it’s a good thing to be able to choose, having more insurance companies makes it harder to get the best deal for Dodge Ram 3500 insurance in Phoenix.
Cheaper rates on Dodge Ram 3500 insurance in Phoenix with these seven discounts
Car insurance companies don’t necessarily list their entire list of discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below gives a summary of both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that may be available. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Paper-free Discount – A few larger online companies give back up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up digitally online.
- Early Payment Discounts – By paying your entire bill at once rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you can combine your auto and homeowners policy and insure them with the same company you could earn a discount of up to 20% and get you cheaper Ram 3500 insurance.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not necessarily a discount, but certain companies will let one accident slide before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear for a specific time period.
- Auto/Life Discount – Larger insurance companies have better insurance rates if you take out life insurance.
- Employee of Federal Government – Federal government employees could cut as much as 10% off with a few insurance companies.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car model can cost up to 25% less due to better safety requirements for new model year vehicles.
We need to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think you could get a free insurance policy, nobody gets a free ride.
Popular insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer include:
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-policy, good student, online signing, multi-vehicle, homeowner, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
- The Hartford has discounts for bundle, defensive driver, anti-theft, good student, vehicle fuel type, and air bag.
- Mercury Insurance includes discounts for multi-policy, multi-car, accident-free, type of vehicle, and professional/association.
- GEICO discounts include military active duty, driver training, five-year accident-free, daytime running lights, anti-lock brakes, air bags, and multi-policy.
- AAA may have discounts that include multi-policy, good student, multi-car, AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, and anti-theft.
- State Farm may offer discounts for defensive driving training, safe vehicle, good student, passive restraint, student away at school, anti-theft, and multiple policy.
Before purchasing a policy, check with all the companies to give you their best rates. Some credits might not apply in Phoenix. If you would like to choose from a list of providers with significant discounts in Phoenix, click this link.
Cutting your car insurance rates is not rocket science. Drivers just need to spend a few minutes comparing rate quotes from some recommended companies.
Comparing free price quotes online is easy and it, makes it a waste of time to drive to insurance agents’ offices. Quoting and buying Dodge Ram 3500 insurance online eliminates this option unless you’re the type of person who wants the professional assistance that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. Although you can comparison shop online and still use a local agent.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Arizona. If multiple providers are shown, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get the most affordable price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$184||$246||$392||$24||$118||$964||$80|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$308||$520||$390||$24||$116||$1,358||$113|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$308||$598||$584||$34||$176||$1,700||$142|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$312||$518||$306||$18||$92||$1,246||$104|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$322||$530||$300||$18||$90||$1,260||$105|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$322||$600||$450||$26||$134||$1,532||$128|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$350||$822||$544||$32||$162||$1,910||$159|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$344||$808||$584||$34||$176||$1,946||$162|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$224||$418||$338||$20||$102||$1,102||$92|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$250||$450||$288||$18||$86||$1,092||$91|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$224||$498||$508||$30||$152||$1,412||$118|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver. Rate quotes do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can impact price quotes significantly.
Bad driving habits will cost you more
The diagram below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault collisions can increase Dodge Ram 3500 car insurance costs for each age group. The prices are based on a single male driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
When should I have guidance from a local insurance agent?
A small number of people still prefer to buy from a local agent and we recommend doing that Agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help in the event of a claim. One of the benefits of comparing car insurance online is that you can obtain the lowest rates and still choose a local agent. And providing support for local agents is especially important in Phoenix.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, the quote information is transmitted to local insurance agents that can provide free Phoenix car insurance quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent on your own as quotes are delivered to you instantly. If you need to quote rates from a specific car insurance provider, you would need to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Deciding on an company requires you to look at more than just the price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Arizona?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Does their agency support local causes in Phoenix?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Phoenix?
Parts of your auto insurance policy
Learning about specific coverages of a auto insurance policy aids in choosing the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Auto insurance terms can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. These are the usual coverages found on the average auto insurance policy.
Coverage for collisions
This pays for damage to your Ram 3500 caused by collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for things such as hitting a parking meter, colliding with a tree and colliding with another moving vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to increase the deductible on your Ram 3500 in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for things like theft, falling objects, fire damage and hail damage. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for short-term medical expenses for things like doctor visits, X-ray expenses, nursing services and EMT expenses. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to you and your occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Liability car insurance
This provides protection from damage that occurs to a person or their property by causing an accident. It protects YOU from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see policy limits of 15/30/10 which means a limit of $15,000 per injured person, a total of $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $10,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Another option is one number which is a combined single limit that pays claims from the same limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage protects against things such as repair bills for other people’s vehicles, bail bonds and funeral expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford. Arizona requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/10 but it’s recommended drivers buy better liability coverage.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
This coverage provides protection when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Dodge Ram 3500.
Since many Arizona drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (15/30/10), their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked. Most of the time your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
More effort can pay off
You just learned many tips how you can lower your Dodge Ram 3500 insurance premium rates in Phoenix. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even find the best price on insurance is with a smaller regional carrier. Regional companies may only write in your state and offer lower prices as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Cheap Dodge Ram 3500 insurance in Phoenix can be purchased online in addition to many Phoenix insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies do not offer internet price quotes and usually these regional carriers only sell through independent agents.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Handicapped Drivers in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Phoenix Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda CR-V? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Sentra in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)