Are you tired of trying to find lower-priced Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Phoenix? No car owner looks forward to paying premiums for insurance, especially knowing they could find better prices if they shop around.
It’s amazing but 70% of consumers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for four years or more, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. Arizona drivers could cut their rates by up to 50% a year by just shopping around, but they don’t believe the large savings they would see if they switch to a new company. There are many auto insurance companies to buy insurance from, and although it’s nice to have multiple companies, it makes it harder to get the best deal for Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Phoenix.
You should take the time to take a look at other company’s rates occasionally because insurance prices are constantly changing. Just because you found the lowest rates on Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Phoenix last year the chances are good that you can find a lower rate quote today. There are a lot of ways to save on Ram 2500 insurance online, but I’m going to show you a bunch of ideas how to find cheap insurance in Phoenix.
Verify you’re receiving every discount
Car insurance can cost a lot, but there may be some discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Certain discounts will be applied when you quote, but some discounts are required to be asked about before being credited.
- E-sign – Many insurance companies give back up to $50 for completing your application on their website.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Insureds without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Phoenix auto insurance quote than less cautious drivers.
- Early Switch Discount – Some insurance companies reward drivers for renewing your policy prior to the expiration date on your current Ram 2500 insurance policy. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- College Student Discount – Kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Phoenix and do not have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Military Rewards – Having a deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
As is typical with insurance, many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, nobody gets a free ride.
A few of the larger companies and the discounts they provide are detailed below.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for multi-policy, safe driver, renewal discount, youthful driver, driver training, and 55 and retired.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including new vehicle discount, preferred payment discount, safety features, new move discount, and newly retired.
- State Farm may offer discounts for anti-theft, defensive driving training, good student, passive restraint, and safe vehicle.
- Auto-Owners Insurance includes discounts for paid in full, paperless, company car, good student, and mature driver.
- GEICO offers discounts including emergency military deployment, daytime running lights, federal employee, anti-theft, defensive driver, air bags, and anti-lock brakes.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include homeowner, teen safety rewards, drive less, safe driver, accident prevention training, multi-car, and anti-theft.
Double check with every insurance company how many discounts you can get. All car insurance discounts might not be offered on policies in Phoenix. To locate insurers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Phoenix, click here.
Finding cheap Phoenix auto insurance quotes can be quick and easy. You just have to spend a few minutes to compare rate quotes to find out which insurance company has inexpensive Phoenix auto insurance quotes.
Doing price comparisons online is so simple that it takes the place of having to drive around to insurance agents’ offices. The fact that you can get quotes online reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless your situation requires the professional advice that only a licensed agent can provide. Although you can find lower rates online but buy the policy through an agent.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer price quotes in Arizona. If several companies are displayed, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$204||$390||$326||$20||$98||$1,038||$87|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$292||$632||$338||$20||$102||$1,384||$115|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$138||$326||$382||$22||$114||$982||$82|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$282||$620||$346||$20||$104||$1,372||$114|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$224||$546||$382||$22||$114||$1,288||$107|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$238||$488||$348||$20||$104||$1,198||$100|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$262||$456||$458||$28||$136||$1,340||$112|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$278||$620||$356||$22||$106||$1,382||$115|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$164||$306||$348||$20||$104||$942||$79|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$236||$370||$338||$20||$102||$1,066||$89|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$312||$620||$440||$26||$132||$1,530||$128|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$278||$736||$382||$22||$114||$1,532||$128|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$154||$370||$382||$22||$114||$1,042||$87|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$154||$298||$382||$22||$114||$970||$81|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$332||$460||$444||$26||$132||$1,394||$116|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$176||$332||$410||$24||$122||$1,064||$89|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$250||$450||$326||$20||$98||$1,144||$95|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$220||$410||$458||$28||$136||$1,252||$104|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$254||$418||$346||$20||$104||$1,142||$95|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$408||$632||$444||$26||$132||$1,642||$137|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Rates do not factor in Phoenix location which can modify price quotes greatly.
Physical damage deductibles
The information below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can increase or decrease Dodge Ram 2500 insurance costs for each different age group. The prices are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Different people need different auto insurance coverages
When it comes to buying the best auto insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s needs are different.
For instance, these questions might point out whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Will my Dodge Ram 2500 be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- What happens if I owe more than my Dodge Ram 2500 is worth?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Get rate quotes but work with a neighborhood Phoenix auto insurance agent
Many drivers prefer to go talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision Most agents can help you choose the best coverages and help file insurance claims. One of the benefits of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find lower rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from local insurance agents is important particularly in Phoenix.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your information is emailed to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your computer since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. If you have a need to get a price quote from one company in particular, you would need to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Two types of Phoenix auto insurance agents
If you are searching for a good insurance agency, it helps to know the two different agency structures to choose from. Phoenix agents can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either can insure your vehicles, but it’s important to point out the subtle differences because it can influence which agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents are appointed with more than one company and that allows them to write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your agent finds better pricing, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent. When comparing insurance rates, you should always check rates from several independent insurance agents to have the most options to choose from.
Featured below are independent insurance agencies in Phoenix that may be able to give you free rate quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
333 E Flower St – Phoenix, AZ 85012 – (602) 956-1851 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents have only one company to place business with and examples are AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. They generally cannot compare rates from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which can be an advantage.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agencies in Phoenix willing to provide price quotes.
Finding the right insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- How long have they been in business?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
Three reasons to insure your Ram 2500
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Dodge in Phoenix, paying for insurance is required in Arizona but also provides important benefits.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability protection in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Dodge Ram 2500, it’s guaranteed your bank will force you to have physical damage coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Dodge at a much higher premium rate and make you pay the higher premium.
- Insurance preserves both your Dodge Ram 2500 and your assets. It will also pay for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying more than $869 every year so compare quotes from several companies once a year at a minimum to save money.
Specific coverage details
Understanding the coverages of auto insurance can be of help when determining the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Collision coverages – Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for claims like crashing into a building, colliding with a tree, hitting a mailbox and backing into a parked car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible on your Ram 2500 to get cheaper collision coverage.
Coverage for medical expenses – Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for immediate expenses such as pain medications, hospital visits, prosthetic devices and nursing services. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers – This protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family and damage to your Dodge Ram 2500.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits (which is 15/30/10), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Liability – This can cover damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people in an accident. It protects you from legal claims by others. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see limits of 15/30/10 that translate to $15,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined limit which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability can pay for things like bail bonds, repair costs for stationary objects and court costs. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible. Arizona state minimum liability requirements are 15/30/10 but drivers should carry more coverage.
Comprehensive auto insurance – Comprehensive insurance covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from flooding, a broken windshield, hitting a bird and fire damage. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Insureds switch companies for a variety of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, poor customer service and delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new company is not as hard as you think.
Cheaper Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Phoenix can be purchased online and with local Phoenix insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
We just showed you a lot of techniques to compare Dodge Ram 2500 insurance premium rates in Phoenix. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced insurance comes from a small mutual company.
Much more information about insurance in Arizona can be found at these links:
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Phoenix, Arizona? (FAQ)
- How Much is Phoenix Car Insurance for Good Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Accidents in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- How Much are Phoenix Auto Insurance Rates for a Dodge Ram? (FAQ)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)