Are you sick of overpaying and want low-cost Acura RL insurance in Phoenix? No one likes having to buy insurance, especially when the cost is way too high.
Remarkably, a study showed that 70% of consumers have remained with the same insurance company for over three years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never shopped around. Drivers in Arizona could cut their rates by up to $700 a year by just comparing quotes, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to do a rate comparison.
Big companies like State Farm and GEICO persitently shower you with TV and radio ads and it is challenging if not impossible to ignore the flying pigs and cute green geckos and take the time to shop coverage around.
Cheap car insurance in Phoenix, AZ
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Arizona. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you compare several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|RL 3.7 with Tech Package||$290||$594||$404||$24||$122||$1,434||$120|
|RL 3.7 with Tech/CMBS Package||$250||$510||$288||$18||$86||$1,152||$96|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and homeowner. Information does not factor in Phoenix location which can revise rates substantially.
Higher deductibles save money
The information below demonstrates how deductible levels and can increase or decrease Acura RL insurance costs for each different age group. The premium estimates are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Slash your insurance rates with discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you may find discounts that you may not even know about. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you get a quote, but once in a while a discount must be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you are paying more than you should be.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up before driving can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the medical payments premium.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Keeping the miles down on your Acura could earn better insurance rates on cars that stay parked.
- Early Switch Discount – A few insurance companies give discounts for buying a new policy prior to your current RL insurance policy expiration. You may see this discount when you get Phoenix auto insurance quotes online.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you will save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Driver Education Discount – Cut your cost by having your teen driver participate in a local driver’s education class if offered at their school.
- Safety Course Discount – Passing a course teaching safe driver skills could earn you a small percentage discount and make you a better driver.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not really a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident before raising your premiums as long as you don’t have any claims for a set time period.
- Buy New and Save – Buying insurance on a new vehicle can be considerably cheaper since new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Good Grades Discount – Getting good grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
Remember that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Large insurance companies and their possible discounts include:
- State Farm offers discounts for safe vehicle, student away at school, defensive driving training, passive restraint, and accident-free.
- GEICO may offer discounts for five-year accident-free, anti-lock brakes, multi-vehicle, daytime running lights, federal employee, good student, and driver training.
- SAFECO offers discounts including teen safety rewards, teen safe driver, anti-theft, accident prevention training, bundle discounts, and homeowner.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for early shopping, good student, teen driver, youthful driver, homeowner, business and professional, and multi-car.
- AAA offers premium reductions for good driver, education and occupation, multi-car, anti-theft, pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, and multi-policy.
- USAA has savings for safe driver, multi-vehicle, annual mileage, driver training, loyalty savings, military installation, and defensive driver.
When quoting, ask every prospective company to give you their best rates. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply in your state.
Get More Affordable Insurance Costs by Understanding These Factors
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that go into determining the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you have some idea of what impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that could help you find lower premium levels.
The factors shown below are some of the major factors used by your company to calculate your premiums.
Tickets and citations cost more than a fine – A bad driving record has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Even a single moving violation can boost insurance rates by as much as thirty percent. Drivers with clean records pay less for auto insurance as compared to those with violations. Drivers with license-revoking tickets such as DUI or reckless driving might be required by their state to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state in order to prevent a license revocation.
Pay less after the wedding – Getting married actually saves money on auto insurance. Marriage demonstrates that you tend to be more mature and responsible it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married are more cautious.
Reduce rates by driving vehicles with better crash test results – Cars with five star safety ratings get lower rates. Vehicles engineered for safety have better occupant injury protection and lower injury rates translates into savings for insurance companies and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Acura is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov you may pay a lower rate.
Teenagers are high risk – Beginning drivers in Arizona are statistically shown to get distracted easily behind the wheel and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher. Parents adding a inexperienced driver to your auto insurance policy can really hurt. Older, more experienced drivers tend to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
Lower auto insurance rates with theft deterrents – Purchasing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can earn a premium discount. Theft prevention features like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all hinder your vehicle from being stolen.
Liability insurance is critical – Your policy’s liability coverage will protect you if a court rules you are at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Your liability coverage provides legal defense coverage to defend your case. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
Loss probability for an Acura RL – Insurance companies use past insurance losses as a tool for profitable underwriting. Models that tend to have high amounts or severity of claims will cost more for coverage. The next table illustrates the historical loss data for Acura RL vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, as an average, equals 100. Values under 100 represent a good loss history, while numbers above 100 point to more frequent losses or statistically larger losses.
Acura RL Insurance Claim Statistics
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Acura RLX 4dr||128||63||179||82|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
What if I want to buy from local Phoenix car insurance agents?
Certain consumers would prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is recommended in a lot of cases The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and still choose a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Phoenix that give free quotes for your coverage. You don’t have to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. You can find the lowest rates without a big time investment. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific auto insurance provider, just navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking the best company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
Phoenix car insurance agents come in two flavors
If you want to use a local Phoenix insurance agent, there are two different types of agents and how they are slightly different. Agencies in Phoenix can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
These agents can only provide pricing for a single company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. They are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they have no alternatives for high prices. They are well trained in insurance sales which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Shown below are Phoenix exclusive agents that are able to give price quotes.
Susan Cox – State Farm Insurance Agent
2715 W Northern Ave #110 – Phoenix, AZ 85051 – (602) 995-2821 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents are not restricted to one company so they can write business with many different companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can switch companies and you can keep the same agent. When comparing auto insurance prices, you will definitely want to get some free quotes from a couple of independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison.
Shown below are Phoenix independent insurance agents who can help you get rate quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
333 E Flower St – Phoenix, AZ 85012 – (602) 956-1851 – View Map
Affordable Acura RL insurance in Phoenix is definitely available both online as well as from insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some car insurance companies may not provide price quotes online and usually these smaller companies sell through local independent agencies.
In this article, we covered quite a bit of information on how to lower your Acura RL insurance premium rates in Phoenix. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with the least-expected company. Regional companies often have lower prices on specific markets than their larger competitors like GEICO and State Farm.
For more information, link through to these articles:
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for College Graduates in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a School Permit in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Phoenix Auto Insurance Rates for 4×4 Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)