How long has it been since you sat down and looked for low-cost Mitsubishi Outlander insurance in Phoenix? High-priced insurance in Phoenix can bottom out your savings account and force you to make sacrifices. Performing a rate comparison is free and is an excellent way to slash your bill and have more diposable income.
Astonishng but true according to a recent study, almost 70% of insureds have remained with the same insurance company for at least four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. Arizona drivers could save themselves roughly 50% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to compare rate quotes online.
Insurance companies such as State Farm, Allstate, GEICO and Progressive constantly blast consumers with advertising and it is difficult to see through the cute green geckos and mayhem and do the work needed to find the best deal.
You should make it a habit to compare rates periodically because prices tend to go up over time. If you had the lowest rates on Mitsubishi Outlander insurance in Phoenix last year you may be paying too much now. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding Outlander insurance on the internet, but in this article, you’re going to get some great ways to slash your insurance rates in Phoenix.
How to buy Mitsubishi Outlander insurance online
All major insurance companies like State Farm and Allstate provide coverage prices direct online. Doing online quotes for Mitsubishi Outlander insurance in Phoenix is pretty painless as you just type in your required coverages on the page. When the form is submitted, their rating system automatically retrieves information on your driving record and credit history and quotes a price based on the data you entered. Being able to quote online for Mitsubishi Outlander insurance in Phoenix streamlines rate comparisons, and it’s very important to get many rate quotes if you want to get the lowest payment on insurance.
To save time and find out how much you can save on insurance, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you enter the coverage information identical to your current policy. Doing this assures you’re receiving rate quotes for exact coverage.
The companies in the list below provide price comparisons in Arizona. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Outlander ES 2WD||$182||$308||$260||$16||$78||$844||$70|
|Outlander SE 4WD||$162||$308||$268||$16||$80||$834||$70|
|Outlander SE 4WD||$226||$448||$308||$18||$92||$1,092||$91|
|Outlander SE 2WD||$264||$390||$334||$20||$100||$1,108||$92|
|Outlander SE 2WD||$234||$428||$262||$16||$78||$1,018||$85|
|Outlander ES 4WD||$144||$246||$254||$16||$76||$736||$61|
|Outlander XLS 2WD||$212||$370||$254||$16||$76||$928||$77|
|Outlander XLS 4WD||$236||$456||$344||$20||$102||$1,158||$97|
|Outlander GT-S AWC 4WD||$224||$474||$288||$18||$86||$1,090||$91|
|Outlander GT-S AWC 4WD||$224||$474||$288||$18||$86||$1,090||$91|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free. Price estimates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can revise auto insurance rates substantially.
Can higher deductibles save money?
The illustration below demonstrates how deductible levels and can raise or lower Mitsubishi Outlander insurance prices for each different age group. The premiums assume a single female driver, full coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Mitsubishi Outlander insurance costs by age and gender
The information below illustrates the comparison of Mitsubishi Outlander insurance rates for male and female drivers. Data assumes no violations or accidents, full coverage, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Car insurance is not optional
Despite the potentially high cost of Mitsubishi Outlander insurance, maintaining insurance serves an important purpose.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Mitsubishi Outlander has a loan, most lenders will stipulate that you carry insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Mitsubishi at a much higher rate and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Mitsubishi but also your financial assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your car outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Today the average American driver is wasting up to $830 a year so it’s recommended you shop around each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Seven factors that impact insurance premiums
One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the factors that play a part in calculating the price you pay for car insurance. If you understand what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that will entitle you to lower rates.
The items below are some of the most rate-impacting factors that factor into your premiums.
- Remove unneeded extra policy coverages – There are quite a few add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time if you aren’t careful. Coverages for vanishing deductibles, better glass coverage, and motor club memberships may not be needed and are just wasting money. These may sound like a good investment when you first buy your policy, but if you have no use for them consider taking them off your policy.
- Do you know you’re credit history? – Having a bad credit score can be an important factor in calculating your car insurance rates. People with good credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with worse credit. If your credit leaves room for improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your Mitsubishi Outlander by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Combine policies to earn discounts – The majority of insurers will award discounts to buyers who carry more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, you may still want to compare other Phoenix Outlander insurance rates to ensure the best deal. You may still find lower rates by splitting coverages up.
- Liability protection limits should be high – Your policy’s liability coverage kicks in if ever you are responsible for personal injury or accident damage. Your liability coverage provides you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is relatively inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not cut corners here.
- Women tend to be lower risk – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. This data doesn’t prove that men are worse drivers. Women and men are in accidents at about the same rate, but the men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only that, but men also receive more major tickets like DUI and reckless driving.
- Expect high rates for teens – More mature drivers have been proven to be more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.Young drivers tend to be easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle so car insurance rates are higher.
- Careless drivers pay higher prices – Being a careful driver can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Careful drivers get better prices compared to bad drivers. Even one citation can increase the cost of insurance substantially. Drivers with dangerous violations like DUI or reckless driving may face state-mandated requirements to maintain a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to keep their license.
- Mitsubishi Outlander historical loss data – Car insurance companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle when determining insurance rates. Vehicles that historically have a trend towards higher claims will have a higher cost to insure. The next table shows the loss history for Mitsubishi Outlander vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles as a whole equals 100. Numbers that are below 100 represent a good loss history, while values that are above 100 show a trend for more claims or statistically larger claims.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Mitsubishi Outlander Models
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Mitsubishi Outlander 4dr 2WD 117 104 119 155 Mitsubishi Outlander 4dr 4WD 116 93 140 115 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport 4dr 2WD 116 121 99 165 146 129 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport 4dr 4WD 109 118 123 124 139 112
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Companies don’t always advertise every discount available in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious ways to save on auto insurance. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount available, you are just wasting money.
- Homeowners Savings – Simply owning a home may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance since owning and maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Senior Citizens – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens are able to get a slight reduction on a Phoenix car insurance quote.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll in driver’s education in school.
- Life Insurance – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give better premium rates if you take out some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Telematics Devices – Insureds who allow data collection to monitor their driving habits remotely such as State Farm’s In-Drive could save a few bucks if they show good driving skills.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few insurance companies give discounts for buying a new policy before your current expiration date. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to wear their seat belts could save 15% off the medical payments premium.
- Online Discount – A few companies will provide an incentive just for signing your application on your computer.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Organization Discounts – Affiliation with qualifying employment or professional organizations could qualify you for a break when shopping for auto insurance.
Please keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though you would think you could get a free auto insurance policy, you’re out of luck.
A few popular companies and a selection of discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm may have discounts that include driver’s education, multiple policy, accident-free, anti-theft, and Drive Safe & Save.
- GEICO may include discounts for military active duty, federal employee, good student, air bags, multi-vehicle, and seat belt use.
- SAFECO offers discounts for teen safe driver, teen safety rewards, safe driver, anti-theft, accident prevention training, multi-car, and homeowner.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for good student, early shopping, switch companies, youthful driver, business and professional, alternative fuel, and pay in full.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, pay-in-full, multi-policy, multi-car, and education and occupation.
- USAA has savings for safe driver, family discount, multi-policy, vehicle storage, new vehicle, and defensive driver.
If you need affordable Phoenix car insurance quotes, ask each insurance company how you can save money. Some discounts listed above might not be offered on policies in Phoenix. To find auto insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Arizona, follow this link.
Insurance agents can help
When quoting and choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no perfect coverage plan. Your situation is unique.
For instance, these questions can help discover if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Arizona?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- When should I have rental car coverage?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Neighborhood Phoenix auto insurance agents
Some consumers still like to get advice from a local agent and that is a smart decision One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain the best rates but still work with a licensed agent. And providing support for neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Phoenix.
After filling out this simple form, your insurance coverage information is sent to agents in your area who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don’t have to search for any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. You can find lower rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you can always search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Shown below is a list of auto insurance companies in Phoenix that may be able to provide price quotes for Mitsubishi Outlander insurance in Phoenix.
Severiano Torres III – State Farm Insurance Agent
1820 N 75th Ave #106 – Phoenix, AZ 85035 – (623) 846-0240 – View Map
Selecting a insurance company should depend on more than just a cheap quote. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
More effort can pay off
Budget-conscious Mitsubishi Outlander insurance can be found from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies may not offer online rate quotes and usually these small, regional companies only sell through independent agencies.
We just presented a lot of tips how to lower your Mitsubishi Outlander insurance rates in Phoenix. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get auto insurance rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from the smaller companies.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced physical damage coverage only to find out that it was a big mistake. Your goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best possible price, not the least amount of coverage.
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Dodge Journey in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Highlander in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)