Saving money on Mitsubishi Mirage insurance in Phoenix could be hard for drivers who are new to online insurance quotes. Since there are so many insurers available, it can easily turn into a difficult challenge to lower your prices on Mitsubishi Mirage insurance.
A study showed that the vast majority of consumers kept buying from the same company for over three years, and almost half have never taken the time to shop around. The average driver in Phoenix could pocket roughly 50% a year, but they don’t want to spend time to find lower-cost rates by getting comparison quotes.
If you have insurance now, you will be able to get lower rates using these techniques. This information will help educate you on how insurance works. But Arizona car owners must learn the way companies calculate your insurance rates because it can help you find the best coverage.
Just remember that comparing all the rates in your area gives you a better chance of getting more affordable insurance. Not every company does price estimates online, so you need to compare quotes from them as well.
The following companies offer price quotes in Arizona. If multiple providers are shown, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Buying the right vehicle insurance in Arizona is an important decision
Even though Phoenix Mirage insurance rates can get expensive, insurance is required by state law in Arizona and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
First, just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your Mirage, almost every bank will stipulate that you have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender will be forced to insure your Mitsubishi for a much higher rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
Third, insurance protects your Mitsubishi and your assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying over $869 every year so you should quote your policy with other companies each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Why Smart Consumers Pay Less for Mitsubishi Mirage Insurance
The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at the rating factors that come into play when calculating your policy premiums. When consumers understand what determines base rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with better car insurance rates.
- Single drivers take more risk – Having a wife or husband helps lower the price on car insurance. Marriage usually means you are more stable financially and it’s statistically proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Liability limits are a factor – The liability coverage on your policy kicks in in the event that you are found liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It provides for a legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is pretty cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not skimp.
- Little extras can really add up – There are quite a few optional add-on coverages that can waste your money if you aren’t careful. Insurance for replacement cost coverage, towing coverage, and extra equipment coverage could be just wasting money. They may seem like a good idea when you first buy your policy, but your needs may have changed so remove them from your policy.
- What’s your car’s NHTSA crash test rating? – Safe vehicles tend to have better insurance rates. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce occupant injuries and any reduction in injury severity translates into savings for insurance companies passed on to you as lower rates. If the Mitsubishi Mirage scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov you may pay a lower rate.
- Annual mileage and car insurance prices – The higher the mileage driven each year the more you’ll pay to insure it. Almost all companies calculate rates based upon how much you drive. Cars that have low annual miles receive lower rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Ask your agent if your car insurance policy properly reflects how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money. An improperly rated Mirage may be wasting your money.
- Gender and insurance premiums – The statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. It does not mean males are worse at driving than females. They both are responsible for accidents in similar numbers, but the males have costlier accidents. Men also statistically have more aggressive citations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are most likely to cause an accident so they pay the highest premiums.
- Prices can be impacted by your employer – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Occupations such as judges, airline pilots, and stock brokers generally pay higher premium rates because of high stress levels and lots of time spent at work. Conversely, careers like farmers, students and retirees have lower than average premiums.
- Mitsubishi Mirage claim probability – Auto insurance companies use claims history to help calculate premium prices. Models that are shown to have increased losses will have a higher cost to insure. The table below outlines the historical loss data for Mitsubishi Mirage vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, as a total average, is represented as 100. Percentages below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while numbers above 100 point to more claims or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Mitsubishi Mirage Models
Specific Mitsubishi Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Mitsubishi Mirage 135 108 119 215 242 159
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Affordable rates by taking advantage of discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you may be missing some discounts to cut the cost considerably. Some trigger automatically at quote time, but a few must be specially asked for before being credited. If you do not double check each discount you qualify for, you are just wasting money.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a vehicle that is new can save you some money due to better safety requirements for newer models.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few companies offer discounts for switching to them prior to your current Mirage insurance policy expiring. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Insureds who allow their company to monitor driving manner by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could see a rate decrease if they show good driving skills.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Factory air bags could see savings of 20% or more.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your bill all at once instead of paying each month you can actually save on your bill.
A quick disclaimer, most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
Popular insurance companies and a selection of discounts include:
- State Farm offers discounts for good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, and multiple autos.
- GEICO offers discounts including good student, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, emergency military deployment, anti-lock brakes, air bags, and federal employee.
- SAFECO may include discounts for drive less, safe driver, teen safety rewards, anti-lock brakes, teen safe driver, homeowner, and accident prevention training.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include multi-car, early shopping, business and professional, good student, teen driver, distant student, and bundle discounts.
- AAA has savings for multi-policy, AAA membership discount, good driver, multi-car, anti-theft, and good student.
- USAA offers premium reductions for family discount, vehicle storage, driver training, defensive driver, loyalty savings, and safe driver.
If you are trying to find the cheapest Mitsubishi Mirage rate quotes, ask each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some credits may not apply to policies everywhere. To find insurers with the best Mitsubishi Mirage insurance discounts in Arizona, click here.
There’s no such thing as the perfect insurance policy
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there really is no perfect coverage plan. You are unique and your policy should reflect that.
These are some specific questions can help discover if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
Shop online but buy locally
A small number of people prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain cheap car insurance quotes and still have a local agent. And providing support for neighborhood agents is especially important in Phoenix.
Once you complete this quick form, your coverage information is emailed to participating agents in Phoenix who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to contact any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. You can get cheaper car insurance rates AND an agent nearby. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific car insurance provider, feel free to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
What type of Phoenix auto insurance agent is right for you?
When researching a local insurance agency, there are two types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Phoenix agents are categorized either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent do not have single company limitations and that allows them to write policies through lots of different companies and find you cheaper rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to do anything.
If you need lower rates, you will want to get insurance quotes from a couple of independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most also have access to smaller companies which could offer lower prices.
Featured below is a small list of independent insurance agents in Phoenix that may be able to provide free rate quotes.
- Travelers Insurance
22601 N 19th Ave #216 – Phoenix, AZ 85027 – (623) 572-0032 – View Map
- Rodriguez Insurance
5720 N 27th Ave – Phoenix, AZ 85017 – (602) 242-5303 – View Map
- Fasula Kaplan Insurance Agency
11022 N 28th Dr Suite 125 – Phoenix, AZ 85029 – (602) 564-0880 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel write business for a single company like Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies are trained well on sales techniques which can be an advantage. Some insured continue to buy insurance from these agents partially due to loyalty to the company rather than low price.
Below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Phoenix willing to provide price quote information.
- Llyrena Sherwood – State Farm Insurance Agent
3415 W Glendale Ave #7 – Phoenix, AZ 85051 – (602) 368-9102 – View Map
- Justin Crain – State Farm Insurance Agent
6146 N 35th Ave #103 – Phoenix, AZ 85017 – (602) 242-4141 – View Map
- Chuck Kelly – State Farm Insurance Agent
314 E Thomas Rd – Phoenix, AZ 85012 – (602) 277-5776 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agency should include more criteria than just the quoted price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Is the agent properly licensed in Arizona?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Where are claims handled?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
Find cheap rates by being thorough
Some insurance companies may not offer the ability to get quotes online and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent agents. Discount Mitsubishi Mirage insurance can be sourced from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many cases where an insured cut collision coverage and learned later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
More tips and info about insurance can be found in these articles:
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for High Risk Drivers in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Accidents in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Uninsured Drivers in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- How Much are Phoenix Car Insurance Rates for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 60 in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Immigrants in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Phoenix Auto Insurance for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)