Have you fallen victim to an overpriced auto insurance policy? It’s a common feeling and many Phoenix drivers have buyer’s remorse.
It’s astonishing, but most auto insurance policyholders in Arizona kept buying from the same company for four years or more, and almost half have never quoted rates to find affordable coverage. American insurance shoppers could save themselves about 46.5% a year by just shopping around, but they just feel it’s too hard to compare other rate quotes. Many insurers vie for your hard-earned dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurers to find the best price available on Mercury Marauder insurance in Phoenix.
The companies shown below provide price comparisons in Phoenix, AZ. If more than one company is shown, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Score discounts to get cheaper Phoenix insurance rates
Some insurers don’t always advertise every possible discount very well, so the following list contains both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious ways to save on insurance.
- Passive Restraints – Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts of 20% or more.
- Senior Citizens – Mature drivers are able to get reduced rates.
- Cautious Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less than less cautious drivers.
- Telematics Data – People who choose to allow their insurance company to monitor driving patterns through the use of a telematics system such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could possibly reduce rates if they show good driving skills.
- College Student – Older children living away from Phoenix attending college and leave their car at home may qualify for this discount.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it’s just not the way it works.
The best insurance companies and the discounts they provide can be found below.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for safe driver, good student, multi-policy, youthful driver, driver training, and renewal discount.
- State Farm offers discounts for anti-theft, good driver, accident-free, driver’s education, and passive restraint.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including continuous coverage, online quote discount, homeowner, multi-policy, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- Allstate discounts include resident student, early signing, multi-policy, utility vehicle, EZ pay plan discount, 55 and retired, and anti-lock brakes.
- Nationwide has savings for easy pay, anti-theft, multi-policy, Farm Bureau membership, and family plan.
- MetLife may offer discounts for multi-policy, defensive driver, good student, claim-free, good driver, accident-free
It’s a good idea to ask each company or agent which discounts you qualify for. A few discounts might not be offered in every state. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies who offer cheap Mercury Marauder insurance quotes in Arizona, click this link.
When should I contact an insurance agency?
Some people still like to sit down and talk to an agent and that can be a great decision Insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help you file claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing car insurance online is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates but also keep your business local.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is sent to insurance agents in Phoenix that can give you free Phoenix car insurance quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any agents as quotes are delivered instantly to you. If you need to compare rates from a particular provider, you just need to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Picking the best insurer requires more thought than just the premium amount. Any agent in Phoenix should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- If they are an independent agency in Phoenix, which companies do they recommend?
- What company do they have the most business with?
Types of car insurance agents in Phoenix
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a reputable agency, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures that you can choose from. Agents in Phoenix can be classified as either independent or exclusive. Either one can write policy coverage, but it’s worth mentioning how they are different because it may have an impact on your agent selection.
Agents of this type generally can only insure with one company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. They generally cannot provide other company’s prices so always compare other rates. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price.
The following are exclusive insurance agencies in Phoenix who can help you get rate quotes.
Mary Parada – State Farm Insurance Agent
3414 W Bell Rd – Phoenix, AZ 85053 – (602) 942-9202 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies can quote rates with many companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies through lots of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If they quote lower rates, your policy is moved internally and the insured can keep the same agent.
If you need lower rates, you definitely need to get insurance quotes from independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Shown below are Phoenix independent agents that are able to give rate quotes.
Upon getting positive responses to any questions you have in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you may have found an insurance agency that will properly insure your vehicles.
When choosing the right insurance coverage, there really isn’t a single plan that fits everyone. You are unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Who is covered when they drive my Mercury Marauder?
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
- Should I buy only the required Arizona minimum liability coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Car insurance 101
Learning about specific coverages of insurance can help you determine the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) – This covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as rock chips in glass, vandalism, theft and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum amount your insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance – This provides protection from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Mercury Marauder.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (15/30/10), their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Collision – Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Marauder resulting from a collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for claims such as hitting a mailbox, backing into a parked car and colliding with a tree. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible on your Marauder to save money on collision insurance.
Insurance for medical payments – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for immediate expenses for things like chiropractic care, surgery, doctor visits and rehabilitation expenses. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Liability auto insurance – This protects you from damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people in an accident. It protects YOU from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have limits of 15/30/10 that translate to $15,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $30,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against things such as repair costs for stationary objects, legal defense fees, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, structural damage and loss of income. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford. Arizona requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/10 but you should think about purchasing higher limits.
One last note
Consumers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, unfair underwriting practices, being labeled a high risk driver or delays in responding to claim requests. Regardless of your reason, switching auto insurance companies is easier than you think.
We just presented some good ideas how to shop for Mercury Marauder insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the lowest car insurance rates come from a small local company.
Cheaper Mercury Marauder insurance in Phoenix can be purchased from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Phoenix, so you need to quote Phoenix car insurance with both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who may not offer rate quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
For more information, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Welfare Recipients in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Teenage Males in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Nurses in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)