How long has it been since you sat down and looked for lower-priced Mazda Tribute insurance in Phoenix? No one in their right mind likes buying insurance, especially when they could lower their rates if they shopped around.
A study showed that almost 70% of insureds in Arizona kept buying from the same company for at least the last four years, and just short of a majority have never compared insurance rates at all. U.S. consumers could save almost $859 every year by just shopping around, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to do a rate comparison. Many car insurance companies compete for your insurance dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates to find the absolute lowest rate on Mazda Tribute insurance in Phoenix.
Smart consumers take time to take a look at other company’s rates yearly since prices change frequently. If you had the best deal on Mazda Tribute insurance in Phoenix at your last renewal there is a good chance you can find better premium rates now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the things you must know in order to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
If you are insured now or need a new policy, take advantage of these tips to reduce premiums without sacrificing coverage. Finding the cheapest auto insurance coverage in Phoenix is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. Smart buyers only have to learn the quickest way to compare insurance rates from multiple carriers.
Score discounts to get cheaper Phoenix car insurance rates
Some insurers don’t always publicize all discounts very clearly, so here is a list both the well known and the more hidden discounts that you may qualify for.
- Smart Student Discounts – A discount for being a good student can save 20 to 25%. You can use this discount normally up to age 25.
- Early Signing – Some companies give discounts for renewing your policy before your current coverage expires. You may see this discount when you get Phoenix auto insurance quotes online.
- Professional Memberships – Belonging to a qualifying organization could earn you a nice discount on your policy.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you could get a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find low cost Mazda Tribute insurance.
- Multiple Cars – Buying insurance for several vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Driving Data Discount – Insureds who allow driving data collection to spy on where and when they drive through the use of a telematics system such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system may get a rate reduction if their driving habits are good.
- No Accidents – Drivers with accident-free driving histories have much lower rates in comparison with frequent claim filers.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way. Any qualifying discounts will definitely lower the amount you pay for coverage.
Popular car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are shown below.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts for multi-policy, age of vehicle, accident-free, multi-car, type of vehicle, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for electronic funds transfer, distant student, bundle discounts, homeowner, business and professional, pay in full, and mature driver.
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for driver training, 55 and retired, safe driver, multi-policy, and good student.
- State Farm may offer discounts for safe vehicle, passive restraint, good student, student away at school, and anti-theft.
- Allstate discounts include early signing, anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, FullPay discount, safe driver, eSmart discount, and senior citizen.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including anti-lock brakes, emergency military deployment, multi-vehicle, five-year accident-free, and driver training.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company how many discounts you can get. Savings might not apply everywhere. If you would like to view providers who offer online Mazda Tribute insurance quotes in Phoenix, click here to view.
The easiest way to compare rates for Mazda Tribute insurance in Phoenix takes advantage of the fact most insurance companies have advanced systems to quote your coverage. All consumers are required to do is give them some information such as if you’re married, driver ages, whether your vehicle is owned or leased, and how many miles driven. Those rating factors is automatically sent to multiple companies and they return quotes very quickly.
To find the cheapest Mazda Tribute insurance rates, click here and complete the form.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Arizona. If several companies are displayed, it’s a good idea that you get rates from several of them to get the lowest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Tribute I Sport 2WD||$220||$536||$308||$18||$92||$1,174||$98|
|Tribute I Sport 4WD||$120||$278||$332||$20||$100||$850||$71|
|Tribute I Touring 2WD||$174||$382||$268||$16||$80||$920||$77|
|Tribute I Grand Touring 2WD||$188||$314||$254||$16||$76||$848||$71|
|Tribute I Touring 4WD||$224||$382||$260||$16||$78||$960||$80|
|Tribute I Grand Touring 4WD||$222||$566||$288||$18||$86||$1,180||$98|
|Tribute S Grand Touring 2WD||$210||$456||$344||$20||$102||$1,132||$94|
|Tribute S Grand Touring 4WD||$112||$246||$244||$14||$74||$690||$58|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy. Estimates do not factor in specific Phoenix garaging location which can revise prices greatly.
Tickets and at-fault accidents raise rates
The illustration below highlights how speeding tickets and fender-benders can drive up Mazda Tribute annual premium costs for each age group. The costs are based on a married male driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
How do Insurance Companies Determine Mazda Tribute Insurance Prices?
When buying insurance it’s important to understand the different types of things that go into determining your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find cheaper rates. Many factors are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious like an MVR report, but other factors are not quite as obvious like where you live or how safe your car is.
- Pleasure use or commuting – Driving more miles each year the more it will cost to insure it. Most companies rate vehicles based on their usage. Cars and trucks left parked in the garage can be on a lower rate level than those that get driven frequently. Having the wrong rating on your Tribute may be costing you. Ask your agent if your insurance policy properly reflects the correct usage for each vehicle.
- Add-on coverages that may not be needed – There are quite a few extra bells and whistles you can purchase when buying insurance. Add-on coverages like vanishing deductibles, towing coverage, and motor club memberships are some examples. These may sound like a good investment when talking to your agent, but your needs may have changed so get rid of them and save.
- Married people drive safer – Having a wife or husband can get you a discount on your policy. Having a significant other may mean you are more mature than a single person and statistics prove married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Liability coverage safeguards assets – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will provide protection in the event that you are determined to be liable for personal injury or accident damage. This coverage provides legal defense coverage to defend your case. Liability insurance is quite affordable as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Cheaper prices for prior coverage – Having a gap between insurance policy dates is a quick way to pay more for insurance. Not only will rates go up, failure to provide proof of insurance could earn you a revoked license or a big fine. You will then be forced to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Arizona DMV.
Insurance agents near you
A lot of people just want to talk to a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Licensed agents can help determine the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. A nice benefit of comparing auto insurance online is that drivers can save money and get cheap auto insurance rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying insurance from neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Phoenix.
By using this form (opens in new window), the quote information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Phoenix that can provide free Phoenix auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to find an agent since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. If you need to compare rates for a specific company, just search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a reliable agent, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents and how they function. Agencies in Phoenix are categorized either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both insure your vehicles properly, but it’s a good idea to understand the difference in the companies they write for because it can impact your selection of an agent.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Independent agents do not write with just one company so they can insure your vehicles with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If your premiums go up, they simply move your policy to a different company which is easy for the insured.
If you are comparing rate quotes, we recommend you get rate quotes from at least one independent agent so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Shown below are Phoenix independent insurance agencies that may be able to give you competitive price quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
333 E Flower St – Phoenix, AZ 85012 – (602) 956-1851 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only provide pricing for a single company like State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. These agents are not able to compare rates from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are well trained on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Phoenix willing to provide comparison quotes.
Llyrena Sherwood – State Farm Insurance Agent
3415 W Glendale Ave #7 – Phoenix, AZ 85051 – (602) 368-9102 – View Map
Severiano Torres III – State Farm Insurance Agent
1820 N 75th Ave #106 – Phoenix, AZ 85035 – (623) 846-0240 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agency should depend on more than just a cheap price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Phoenix?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
Car insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Even though Phoenix Tribute insurance rates can get expensive, maintaining insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to drive the car. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Tribute, most lenders will have a requirement that you have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Mazda at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your Mazda and your personal assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your car are definitely more than the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays as much as $750 every year so compare rate quotes every year to ensure rates are inline.
Compare but don’t skimp
You just read many ideas to find cheaper Mazda Tribute insurance in Phoenix. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding affordable Mazda Tribute insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest auto insurance rates are with some of the lesser-known companies. Regional companies can often provide lower premium rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
When getting Phoenix auto insurance quotes online, it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your strategy should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best cost, but do not skimp to save money.
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Infrequent Drivers in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Phoenix Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Corolla? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Immigrants in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Phoenix Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)