Have you fallen victim to an underperforming, overpriced auto insurance policy? Believe me, there are many Phoenix drivers thinking the same thing.
Amazlingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that almost 70% of drivers in Arizona have stayed with the same insurance company for more than four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never taken the time to shop around. Drivers in the United States could pocket roughly 47% a year just by shopping around, but they won’t spend time to save money by comparing rate quotes. Companies like GEICO and Progressive constantly bombard you with advertising and it is challenging if not impossible to see through the cute green geckos and mayhem and find the best price available.
It’s a good idea to compare premium rates before your policy renews since insurance prices are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you had the best deal on Mazda 6 insurance in Phoenix a couple years back you can probably find a better rate quote now. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in the only way to find lower rates on auto insurance.
If you are already insured or just want to reduce your rates, you will benefit by learning to buy cheaper car insurance without sacrificing coverage. Locating the best insurance company for you in Phoenix is really not that difficult. Drivers just need to know the best way to quote multiple rates from many different companies.
Companies offering affordable Mazda 6 rates in Phoenix, AZ
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in Arizona. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you get rates from several of them to get the cheapest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|6 I Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$112||$208||$288||$18||$86||$712||$59|
|6 I SV 4-Dr Sedan||$222||$456||$314||$18||$94||$1,104||$92|
|6 I Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$200||$402||$338||$20||$102||$1,062||$89|
|6 I Touring Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$256||$448||$362||$22||$108||$1,196||$100|
|6 I Touring Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$206||$308||$306||$18||$92||$930||$78|
|6 I Grand Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$208||$426||$362||$22||$108||$1,126||$94|
|6 S Touring Plus 6 Cyl 4-Dr Sedan||$138||$284||$314||$18||$94||$848||$71|
|6 S Touring Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$228||$466||$288||$18||$86||$1,086||$91|
|6 S Grand Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$182||$364||$314||$18||$94||$972||$81|
|6 S Grand Touring 6 Cyl 4-Dr Sedan||$282||$538||$306||$18||$92||$1,236||$103|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Rates do not factor in Phoenix location which can change price quotes greatly.
Accidents and violations increase rates
The example below highlights how traffic violations and fender-benders raise Mazda 6 auto insurance rates for different age groups of insureds. The rates are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Premiums by gender and age
The illustration below shows the comparison of Mazda 6 auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no violations or accidents, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
Lower rate quotes by taking advantage of discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t necessarily list every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below details a few of the more common and the harder-to-find credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- No Accidents – Good drivers with no accidents get the best car insurance rates in comparison to accident-prone drivers.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking part in a defensive driving course could earn you a small percentage discount depending on where you live.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few larger companies allow discounts for buying a new policy prior to your current 6 insurance policy expiration. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
- Memberships – Having an affiliation with certain professional organizations can get you a small discount on your policy.
- Accident Waiver – Not a discount per se, but a few companies such as GEICO, Allstate and Liberty Mutual may permit one accident before raising your premiums if you have no claims prior to the accident.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars with anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents and will save you 10% or more on 6 insurance in Phoenix.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or former government employment could provide a small rate reduction depending on your company.
Discounts lower rates, but most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Companies and their possible discounts can be found below.
- GEICO offers discounts including emergency military deployment, anti-theft, driver training, federal employee, and membership and employees.
- Mercury Insurance may have discounts that include good driver, ease of repair, location of vehicle, accident-free, multi-policy, multi-car, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for teen driver, pay in full, mature driver, good student, electronic funds transfer, and bundle discounts.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may offer discounts for anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, company car, good student, air bags, anti-theft, and safe driver.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include new vehicle discount, multi-policy, safety features, multi-car, teen driver discount, and new graduate.
- SAFECO includes discounts for bundle discounts, multi-car, teen safety rewards, safe driver, and homeowner.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online quote discount, good student, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, online signing, and continuous coverage.
- USAA has savings for vehicle storage, annual mileage, new vehicle, multi-vehicle, family discount, and driver training.
If you need affordable Mazda 6 insurance quotes, ask each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. Savings may not apply in your area. To see insurers with discount rates in Arizona, follow this link.
Exclusive versus independent auto insurance agents
A small number of people prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Good agents can point out coverage gaps and give you someone to call. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get cheaper car insurance rates and also buy local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your insurance data is immediately sent to insurance agents in Phoenix who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to do any legwork since price quotes are sent to you instantly. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing an insurance company requires more thought than just the price. Any agent in Phoenix should have no problem answering these questions:
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
If you want to buy insurance from a good Phoenix insurance agent, you need to know there are two different agency structures and how they can write your policy. Phoenix agents can be described as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either can do a good job, but it’s important to point out the subtle differences because it may have an impact on your agent selection.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel have only one company to place business with and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agencies are unable to place coverage with different providers so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are trained well on sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Phoenix that are able to give price quotes.
Susan Cox – State Farm Insurance Agent
2715 W Northern Ave #110 – Phoenix, AZ 85051 – (602) 995-2821 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents often have affiliation with several companies so they have the ability to put coverage with an assortment of companies and get you the best rates possible. If they quote lower rates, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When shopping rates, you need to check rates from at least one independent agent so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Listed below are independent agents in Phoenix who can help you get comparison quotes.
But the ad said I’d save 15% in 15 minutes!
Arizona drivers can’t escape the ads for the lowest price auto insurance by companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO. All the ads seem to make the promise about saving some big amount just by moving your coverage.
Is it even possible that every company can charge lower premium rates?
All the different companies have underwriting criteria for the type of insured that will be a good risk. An example of a profitable customer might be described as a married male, has other policies, and drives less than 5,000 miles a year. Anybody who matches that profile is entitled to the best price and as a result will probably cut their Mazda 6 insurance rates if they switch.
Potential insureds who fall outside this stringent profile may be required to pay higher prices and this results in business going elsewhere. The wording the ads use say “customers that switch” but not “all drivers who get quotes” save that much. That’s why companies can truthfully claim big savings. Different companies use different criteria so drivers must compare rate quotes every year. It is impossible to guess which insurance companies will be your best fit.
Smart shoppers get results
Cost effective Mazda 6 insurance is available both online and also from your neighborhood Phoenix agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies may not offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these regional carriers only sell through independent agencies.
While you’re price shopping online, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, an insured cut collision coverage only to find out that it was a big mistake. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest cost, not the least amount of coverage.
You just read a lot of tips how to shop for Mazda 6 insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the best price on insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies. These smaller insurers can often provide lower car insurance rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like State Farm or Progressive.
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Hybrid Vehicles in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- How Much is Phoenix Auto Insurance for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 50 in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Teenagers in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)