How many times have you told yourself it’s time to shop around for low-cost auto insurance rates in Gilbert, AZ? If you are new to online auto insurance, you can easily be bewildered by the large number of online companies offering coverage in Gilbert.
Sad but true, almost 70% of insureds in Arizona kept buying from the same company for more than four years, and nearly half have never even compared rates from other companies. Many drivers in the U.S. can save roughly $859 each year just by comparing rates, but they just feel it’s too hard to compare rates.
It is always a good idea to compare rates quite often due to the fact that insurance prices trend upward over time. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal on auto insurance a year ago you may be paying too much now. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding auto insurance on the internet, but by reading this article, you’re going to learn some tested techniques to quit paying high auto insurance rates in Gilbert.
If you are already insured, you will most likely be able to find the best rates using these methods. Comparing quotes for more affordable policy in Gilbert is easy to do. Nevertheless, Arizona consumers can benefit from knowing how big insurance companies determine how much to charge because rates are impacted by many factors.
How to shop auto insurance online
Many insurance companies like Allstate and Progressive allow you to get prices for coverage direct online. Doing online price comparisons is fairly straightforward as you just type in your personal and coverage information on the page. After you complete the form, the company’s rating system requests your driving and credit reports and generates a price.
Getting online price quotes helps simplify price comparisons, and it’s also necessary to compare as many rates as possible if you are searching for the cheapest price on auto insurance.
To compare rates using this form now, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you copy the insurance coverages as close as possible to your current policy. This ensures you are getting rate comparison quotes based on similar coverages.
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Arizona. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you visit several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$962||$481||$80|
|Chevrolet Equinox LS AWD||$946||$473||$79|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$836||$418||$70|
|Dodge Grand Caravan SE||$1,114||$557||$93|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$1,144||$572||$95|
|Ford Edge SE 2WD||$804||$402||$67|
|Ford Escape Limited 2WD||$892||$446||$74|
|Ford F-150 FX2 Super Cab 2WD||$864||$432||$72|
|Ford Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$1,244||$622||$104|
|Honda Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$772||$386||$64|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 2WD||$892||$446||$74|
|Honda Civic LX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,084||$542||$90|
|Hyundai Elantra Blue 4-Dr Sedan||$1,044||$522||$87|
|Mazda 3 S Grand Touring 4-Dr Hatchback||$764||$382||$64|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$986||$493||$82|
|Toyota Camry SE||$732||$366||$61|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$750||$375||$63|
|Toyota Tacoma X-Runner 2WD||$932||$466||$78|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Prices do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can revise insurance rates significantly.
Auto insurance deductibles
One of the hardest decisions when shopping for auto insurance is how high or low should comp and collision deductibles be. The following tables may help you to understand the difference in cost between low and high physical damage deductibles. The first rate quote example uses a $100 deductible for comp and collision and the second price grid uses a $500 deductible.
Chevrolet Malibu rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, and claim-free. Rate quotes do not factor in vehicle location which can lower or raise prices considerably.
Based on this data, we can arrive at the conclusion that using a $100 deductible costs an average of $21 more each month or $252 every year than selecting the higher $500 deductible. Due to the fact that you would have to pay $400 more out of your own pocket with a $500 deductible as compared to a $100 deductible, if you tend to go at a minimum 19 months between claims, you would probably come out ahead if you decide on a higher deductible.
Should you raise deductibles?
The diagram below demonstrates how deductible levels and can impact Toyota Camry insurance costs for different age groups. The costs are based on a married male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Toyota Camry rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Auto insurance rates based on gender
The diagram below shows the comparison of auto insurance rates for male and female drivers in Gilbert. The premium estimates are based on no claims or driving citations, full coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in on a Hyundai Elantra Blue.
Hyundai Elantra rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Best reasons to buy car insurance in Arizona
Even though it can be expensive, paying for car insurance is required by state law in Arizona and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, almost every bank will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your vehicle at a more expensive rate and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will also pay for many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially for larger claims. The average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $855 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Six things that determine your costs
The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at some of the elements that come into play when calculating your insurance rates. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could help you find much lower annual insurance costs. Many things are considered when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, although others are less obvious like where you live or your vehicle rating.
The items below are a partial list of the pieces used by your company to calculate premiums.
Be proud to be claim-free – If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance companies in Arizona award discounts to drivers who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Insurance coverage is designed for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Being married reduces risk – Getting married actually saves money when buying insurance. Having a spouse generally demonstrates drivers are more mature and responsible and statistics show married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Adjust physical damage deductibles and save – Physical damage protection, also known as collision and other-than-collision, covers your vehicle from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply are a dented fender, damage from fire, and rolling your vehicle. Physical damage deductibles define the amount you are required to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. The more expense you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
Vocation stress can make you pay more – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Careers such as judges, police officers, and medical professionals tend to have higher rates than the rest of us attributed to job stress and lots of time spent away from family. Other careers such as actors, athletes and retirees have the lowest average rates.
If you don’t need it don’t buy it – There are a ton of additional coverages that sound like a good idea at the time if you aren’t diligent. Things like personal injury protection, towing, and membership fees are some examples. They may seem good when you first buy your policy, but if you’ve never needed them in the past think about removing them and cutting costs.
Don’t get traffic citations – How you drive impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Careful drivers get better rates than bad drivers. Having just one driving citation may increase your cost forty percent or more. Drivers who have received serious violations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may be required to prove financial responsibility with the DMV in their state in order to keep their license.
Gilbert auto insurance discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but companies offer discounts to help offset the cost. Many discounts should be triggered when you get a quote, but a few need to be manually applied prior to getting the savings.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government can earn a discount up to 10% with certain companies.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars that have anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Drivers who insure all your vehicles on a single policy qualifies for this discount.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver’s ed class in school.
- Multi-line Discount – Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a small discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles and place coverage with the same company you could earn a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Club Memberships – Belonging to specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a good way to get lower rates when getting a Gilbert auto insurance quote.
As is typical with insurance, some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So even though you would think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you’re out of luck.
Companies and some of their more popular discounts are:
- State Farm offers premium reductions for good driver, student away at school, driver’s education, multiple policy, and multiple autos.
- Nationwide policyholders can earn discounts including Farm Bureau membership, good student, multi-policy, family plan, anti-theft, business or organization, and accident-free.
- GEICO offers discounts including anti-theft, membership and employees, driver training, air bags, and five-year accident-free.
- AAA may include discounts for multi-car, pay-in-full, good student, anti-theft, education and occupation, good driver, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century discounts include good student, early bird, anti-lock brakes, teen driver, and student driver.
- The Hartford offers discounts for bundle, defensive driver, anti-theft, driver training, good student, vehicle fuel type, and air bag.
Before buying, ask all companies you are considering to give you their best rates. Some discounts may not be available in Gilbert. If you would like to see a list of auto insurance companies with the best auto insurance discounts in Arizona, click here to view.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When it comes to adequate coverage, there isn’t really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone’s situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that
For example, these questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Arizona?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Are my friends covered when driving my vehicle?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
Can’t I compare rate quotes from local Gilbert auto insurance agents?
Many drivers still like to sit down and talk to an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is you can get cheap auto insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent. Putting coverage with neighborhood agents is important particularly in Gilbert.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information is immediately sent to companies in Gilbert that can give you free Gilbert auto insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. Get lower rates and work with a local agent. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific auto insurance provider, you would need to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Choose the right auto insurance agent
If you want to buy auto insurance from a reliable insurance agency, there are two different agency structures that you can choose from. Auto insurance policy providers are categorized either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents are not employed by one company so they can write business through many different auto insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they can switch companies in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies.
If you need lower rates, we highly recommend that you get insurance quotes from a few independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Most also have access to different regional companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
The following are independent insurance agencies in Gilbert who may be able to give you cheap rate quotes.
- BMB INSURANCE AGENCY LLC
1111 N Gilbert Rd #210a – Gilbert, AZ 85234 – (480) 307-8147 – View Map
- Integrity Insurance Arizona
20 N Gilbert Rd – Gilbert, AZ 85234 – (480) 545-0634 – View Map
- The Arizona Group Insurance Brokers
3325 E Baseline Rd – Gilbert, AZ 85234 – (480) 892-8755 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only provide pricing for a single company like State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. They generally cannot give you multiple price quotes so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Drivers often purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to loyalty to the company and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Gilbert who can help you get price quote information.
- Mike Miller – State Farm Insurance Agent
428 S Gilbert Rd #103 – Gilbert, AZ 85296 – (480) 832-9773 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Nathan Summers Agency
2200 E Williams Field Rd #200 – Gilbert, AZ 85295 – (480) 448-1570 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – David Christensen
1090 S Gilbert Rd #201 – Gilbert, AZ 85296 – (480) 704-0283 – View Map
Choosing the best insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Is the agency active in community causes in Gilbert?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
Cheap coverage is out there
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
In this article, we covered some good ideas how to get a better price on insurance in Gilbert. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Gilbert auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on insurance is with a lesser-known regional company. Some small companies may only write in your state and offer lower prices compared to the large companies like Allstate and Progressive.
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Inexperienced Drivers in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Phoenix Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 70? (FAQ)
- How Much are Phoenix Car Insurance Quotes for Teachers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Phoenix Auto Insurance Rates for 4×4 Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)