Being forced to pay for expensive car insurance premiums can bleed your funds and put the squeeze on your family’s finances. Comparing cost estimates is an excellent way to make ends meet.
Sadly, a large majority of drivers in Arizona kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never even shopped around for lower-cost coverage. Many consumers in the United States can cut their rates by nearly $850 a year by just comparing quotes, but they underestimate the actual amount they would save if they replace their high priced policy. Since consumers have many online and local companies to choose from, it is very difficult to choose the most cost effective company.
It is always a good idea to get comparison quotes at least once a year since insurance rates change frequently. Even if you got the best deal on Lincoln MKT insurance in Phoenix on your last policy you can probably find a better price now. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because you’re about to learn the quickest way to find better coverage on Lincoln MKT insurance in Phoenix at a better price.
Score discounts on Phoenix insurance
Some insurers don’t always advertise their entire list of discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of some of the best known and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Phoenix car insurance online.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control are much safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like Progressive, State Farm and GEICO may permit one accident without raising rates so long as you are claim-free before the accident.
- Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn better premium rates if you take out auto and life insurance together.
- Senior Citizen Rates – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Data Collection Discounts – Insureds that choose to allow their company to look at their driving habits through the use of a telematics system such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system could see a rate decrease if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying a new car model can save up to 30% due to better safety requirements for new model year vehicles.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance and insure them with the same company you will save approximately 10% to 15%.
One last thing about discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies aren’t that generous. But any discount should help reduce the cost of your policy.
Large insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are detailed below.
- Farm Bureau has savings for good student, safe driver, multi-policy, driver training, youthful driver, renewal discount, and multi-vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include good student, new move discount, exclusive group savings, multi-car, preferred payment discount, hybrid vehicle, and newly retired.
- State Farm offers discounts for multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, passive restraint, multiple autos, and defensive driving training.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts including mature driver, safe driver, multiple vehicles, anti-theft, company car, safe vehicle, and teen driver.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for anti-lock brakes, military active duty, emergency military deployment, anti-theft, five-year accident-free, membership and employees, and multi-vehicle.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include accident prevention training, safe driver, anti-lock brakes, multi-car, and teen safe driver.
If you are trying to find the cheapest Lincoln MKT rate quotes, ask each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. Savings may not be available in Phoenix. To see a list of insurers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Arizona, click here.
Finding a better price on insurance is a great way to save money. All you need to do is spend a few minutes on the computer to compare rate quotes to discover which company has cheaper Phoenix car insurance quotes.
Doing online price quotes comparisons is so easy that it makes it obsolete to drive around to insurance agencies in your area. Buying insurance online makes this process obsolete unless you require the advice and guidance that only an agent can give. Drivers can comparison shop your insurance online but buy the policy through an agent.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Phoenix, AZ. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you compare several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MKT 3.7 2WD||$266||$424||$348||$20||$104||$1,162||$97|
|MKT 3.7 AWD||$276||$518||$356||$22||$106||$1,278||$107|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Price information does not factor in specific location information which can alter coverage prices greatly.
Lincoln MKT insurance rates: Men versus women
The chart below illustrates the difference between Lincoln MKT insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data assumes no tickets, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
Get rate quotes but work with a local neighborhood Phoenix car insurance agent
Some consumers still like to talk to an insurance agent and often times that is recommended Experienced insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help file insurance claims. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get cheaper rates but still work with a licensed agent. Putting coverage with small agencies is especially important in Phoenix.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is immediately sent to participating agents in Phoenix who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to even leave your home since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. If you have a need to get a rate quote from one company in particular, just navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
When researching a reputable insurance agent or broker, you must know there are a couple different types of agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance agencies can be described as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either can write auto insurance policies, but it’s important to point out how they differ because it can impact your selection of an agent.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel are appointed with more than one company so they can write business through many different auto insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If your premiums go up, they simply move the coverage in-house and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparing rates, you need to get quotes from at least one independent agent for maximum quote selection.
The following is a small list of independent agents in Phoenix who may be able to give you free auto insurance rate quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
333 E Flower St – Phoenix, AZ 85012 – (602) 956-1851 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
These agents have only one company to place business with like AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot provide prices from multiple companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well on their company’s products which can be an advantage.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Phoenix willing to provide comparison quotes.
Mary Parada – State Farm Insurance Agent
3414 W Bell Rd – Phoenix, AZ 85053 – (602) 942-9202 – View Map
Choosing the best insurance agency is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. Any agent in Phoenix should be willing to answer these questions.
- If they are an independent agency in Phoenix, which companies do they recommend?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
Why car insurance is not optional
Even though Phoenix MKT insurance rates can get expensive, insurance serves an important purpose.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Lincoln, it’s most likely the lender will require that you buy full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Lincoln at a more expensive rate and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also cover many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Lincoln gets damaged, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having car insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. An average driver in America is overpaying more than $830 a year so it’s recommended you shop around every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Auto insurance policy coverages for a Lincoln MKT
Understanding the coverages of auto insurance can help you determine appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. Auto insurance terms can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. These are typical coverages offered by auto insurance companies.
This coverage covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like damage from getting keyed, a broken windshield, damage from flooding, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and hitting a bird. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many Arizona drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (Arizona limits are 15/30/10), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is very important. Most of the time these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Medical expense coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for bills for prosthetic devices, doctor visits, pain medications, nursing services and chiropractic care. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Liability auto insurance
Liability insurance can cover damage or injury you incur to people or other property by causing an accident. It protects YOU from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see liability limits of 15/30/10 which means $15,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of coverage for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL which limits claims to one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as emergency aid, bail bonds, legal defense fees, medical expenses and attorney fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible. Arizona state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/10 but it’s recommended drivers buy more coverage.
This covers damage to your MKT caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers claims like sustaining damage from a pot hole, hitting a mailbox, crashing into a building and scraping a guard rail. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible on your MKT in order to get cheaper collision rates.
When trying to cut insurance costs, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Discount Lincoln MKT insurance in Phoenix is available on the web as well as from insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies do not offer price quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
To read more, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- How Much is Phoenix Auto Insurance for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Phoenix Car Insurance Rates for High Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)