How long has it been since you compared quotes for cheaper Lincoln Mark LT insurance in Phoenix? Having to pay for pricey auto insurance in Phoenix can sap your family’s budget and force you to tighten up your finances. Performing a rate comparison is recommended to cut your insurance bill.
A recent study showed that most Arizona auto insurance customers have purchased from the same company for at least four years, and just under half have never quoted rates to find affordable coverage. With the average premium in the United States being $1,847, drivers could save approximately $859 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just feel it’s too hard to find affordable insurance by shopping around. Companies like Allstate, Liberty Mutual and State Farm all promote huge savings with ad campaigns and it can be hard to not get sucked in by the cute commercials and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
If you are already insured or just want a better rate, you can follow these tips to reduce the price you pay without sacrificing coverage. Finding the cheapest car insurance coverage in Phoenix can really be easy if you know what you’re doing. Shoppers only need an understanding of the tricks to get comparison rates from many different companies.
The fastest way that we advise to get policy rate comparisons for Lincoln Mark LT insurance in Phoenix is to take advantage of the fact almost all companies pay for the opportunity to give free rates quotes. The one thing you need to do is provide information such as if you have a valid license, your occupation, if you’re married, and how old drivers are. That rating data is then submitted to many of the top insurers and you should receive rate quotes instantly to find the best rate.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and enter the information requested.
The following companies offer price comparisons in Phoenix, AZ. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Lincoln Mark LT insurance in Phoenix
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there’s a good chance there are discounts to reduce the price significantly. Some discounts will apply when you complete an application, but a few need to be inquired about prior to getting the savings.
- Own a Home – Just being a homeowner can get you a discount because owning a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts can save 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a handful of insurance companies permit an accident without the usual rate increase so long as you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Policyholders that allow their auto insurance company to study when and where they use their vehicle by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate might get better premium rates if their driving habits are good.
- Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags could see savings of up to 25% or more.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having a family member in the military may lower your premium rates slightly.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying coverage for multiple cars on the same auto insurance policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like you can get free auto insurance, that’s just not realistic. But any discount will positively reduce the cost of your policy.
A few companies that possibly offer most of these discounts are:
When quoting, ask each company to give you their best rates. Some credits may not be offered in Phoenix.
Insurance agencies can help
Many people still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move Licensed agents can make sure you are properly covered and help submit paperwork. An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you may find cheaper premium rates and still have a local agent.
Upon completion of this short form, the coverage information is submitted to insurance agents in Phoenix who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to even leave your home because prices are sent instantly to you. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a particular provider, just visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Finding the right company needs to be determined by more than just a low price. A good agent in Phoenix will have answers to these questions.
- Are they full-time agents?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
Not all auto insurance agents are the same
If you need to find a local Phoenix insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures and how they can write your policy. Phoenix agents are considered either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either type can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s worth mentioning how they differ because it can impact your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive are contracted to one company like State Farm, Allstate and AAA. These agents are not able to provide rate quotes from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Phoenix that are able to give price quote information.
Andy Carrillo – State Farm Insurance Agent
4713 E Southern Ave – Phoenix, AZ 85042 – (602) 426-8088 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel often have affiliation with several companies so they can write business with multiple insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If your agent finds better pricing, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies. When comparing rates, you definitely need to include price quotes from at least one independent agent to maximize your price options.
Shown below is a list of independent agencies in Phoenix that can give you comparison quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
333 E Flower St – Phoenix, AZ 85012 – (602) 956-1851 – View Map
After getting reasonable responses in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you may have just found an insurance agent that meets the requirements to properly service your car insurance policy. Just understand that you can always cancel your coverage when you choose so never assume you’re contractually obligated to a policy with no way to switch.
Three good reasons to insure your Mark LT
Despite the potentially high cost of Lincoln Mark LT insurance, insuring your vehicle may be required for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, most lenders will require you to buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may insure your Lincoln at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your Lincoln Mark LT but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses that are the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially if you ever need it. But the average American driver overpays as much as $865 each year so shop around every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Parts of your insurance policy
Knowing the specifics of a insurance policy helps when choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement. Listed below are the usual coverages offered by insurance companies.
Liability auto insurance
Liability insurance will cover damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see limits of 15/30/10 which means $15,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $30,000 in injury protection per accident, and $10,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability can pay for claims such as legal defense fees, court costs, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, repair costs for stationary objects and pain and suffering. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but consider buying as much as you can afford. Arizona state minimum liability requirements are 15/30/10 but you should consider buying higher limits.
Medical costs insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for bills such as ambulance fees, X-ray expenses, prosthetic devices, nursing services and rehabilitation expenses. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as hail damage, hitting a deer, a broken windshield and hitting a bird. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Coverage for collisions
Collision insurance pays for damage to your Mark LT from colliding with another car or object. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for things such as backing into a parked car, hitting a parking meter, colliding with a tree and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible on your Mark LT to get cheaper collision coverage.
This protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Lincoln Mark LT.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits (15/30/10), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important.
A little work can save a LOT of money
The cheapest Lincoln Mark LT insurance in Phoenix is possible online and from local agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some auto insurance companies don’t offer rates over the internet and these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
In this article, we covered a lot of ways to compare Lincoln Mark LT insurance rates in Phoenix. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from a small local company. Smaller companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for College Students in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- How Much are Phoenix Car Insurance Rates for a Jeep Grand Cherokee? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for 19 Year Olds in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for 16 Year Olds in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)