There isn’t a single person who is fond of buying insurance, especially knowing they could lower their rates if they shopped around.
A recent insurance study discovered that about 70% of customers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. Most drivers in Arizona could save 50% each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t believe the amount of money they would save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
There are many insurers to choose from, and although it’s nice to have multiple companies, it can be more difficult to adequately compare rates for Kia Amanti insurance in Phoenix.
You should take the time to get comparison quotes occasionally due to the fact that insurance prices tend to go up over time. Just because you found the best rates on Kia Amanti insurance in Phoenix six months ago you can probably find a better rate quote now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the right way to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
Finding the cheapest coverage in Phoenix is really not that difficult. If you already have coverage, you stand a good chance to be able to lower your rates using the ideas covered in this article. Although Arizona vehicle owners need to learn how big insurance companies calculate your insurance rates and use it to your advantage.
Just remember that comparing more rates from different companies increases your odds of finding the best price.
The following companies provide free rate quotes in Arizona. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Why you need Kia Amanti insurance in Arizona
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Kia Amanti in Phoenix, buying car insurance is required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Kia Amanti has a lien holder, more than likely the lender will require that you buy insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the lender may insure your Kia at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also cover many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially when you need to use it. But the average driver in Arizona is overpaying more than $800 each year so compare rates at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
How to Lower Your Insurance Prices
Lots of things are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, but others are less apparent like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is.
The list below includes some of the factors companies use to determine your premiums.
- You might get higher rates if you are single – Your spouse helps lower the price on auto insurance. Having a spouse demonstrates that you tend to be more mature and statistics prove drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Liability coverage – The liability coverage on your policy is the coverage that protects you if ever you are found to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage which can cost a lot. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Extra coverages can add up – Insurance companies have many add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you don’t pay attention. Coverage for things like vanishing deductibles, high-cost glass coverage, and extra life insurance coverage could be just wasting money. They may seem like a good idea when deciding what coverages you need, but if you’ve never needed them in the past remove them from your policy.
- High physical damage deductibles cost less – Protection for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Some examples of claims that would be covered are collision with another vehicle, vandalism, and rolling your vehicle. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles state the amount of money you are required to spend if a covered claim is submitted. The more of the claim you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
Save a ton on Kia Amanti insurance in Phoenix with these discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you may be missing some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some of these discounts will be visible when you get a quote, but once in a while a discount must be requested specifically before they will apply.
- Paperless Signup – A handful of car insurance companies give back up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up over the internet.
- Early Switch Discount – Some larger companies provide a discount for buying a policy prior to your current Amanti insurance policy expiring. You may see this discount when you get Phoenix car insurance quotes online.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking part in a defensive driving course may get you a small discount depending on where you live.
- Smart Student Discounts – Excelling in school can save 20 to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you can bundle your homeowners and auto insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company you may earn at least 10% off all policies.
- Government Employee Discount – Federal government employees can save as much as 8% depending on your company.
- Own a Home – Owning a home in Phoenix can earn you a little savings since home ownership requires personal responsibility.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who require all occupants to fasten their seat belts can save up to 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
As a footnote on discounts, some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
To see a list of providers that offer many of these discounts in Phoenix, click this link.
When to get professional advice
When selecting a policy, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Your financial needs are unique and your insurance should be unique as well.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Should I buy full coverage?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Will my Kia Amanti be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
If you’re not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
Insurance agencies near you
Some consumers just want to talk to a local agent and we recommend doing that One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
After filling out this simple form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in Phoenix who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to visit any agencies because prices are sent to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates without requiring a lot of work. If you wish to get a price quote from a particular provider, just navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding a good insurance company shouldn’t rely on just a cheap quote. A good agent in Phoenix will have answers to these questions.
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
Cheaper auto insurance rates are possible
We’ve covered a lot of techniques to get a better price on Kia Amanti insurance in Phoenix. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get rates for, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive Phoenix car insurance quotes. You may even discover the best prices are with an unexpected company. They may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like Allstate and Progressive.
Budget-conscious Kia Amanti insurance is possible on the web and with local Phoenix insurance agents, so you need to shop Phoenix car insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies may not have internet price quotes and these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
To learn more, feel free to visit these articles:
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Used Cars in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)