Purchasing low-cost Phoenix Jeep Compass insurance quotes is rather difficult for beginners to shopping for insurance on the internet. With so many insurance companies available, how are drivers able to possibly compare the different rates to find cheaper auto insurance prices?
It’s amazing but a large majority of auto insurance policyholders kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rates with other companies. Many consumers in Arizona could save themselves 50% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they underestimate how much savings they would realize if they switched to a cheaper policy.
Finding the cheapest auto insurance coverage in Phoenix can initially seem challenging. Just about every driver who is required to buy auto insurance most likely will find a lower-cost company. But Arizona consumers can benefit by having an understanding of how big insurance companies determine what you pay and use it to find better rates.
The best way to compare rate quotes for Jeep Compass insurance in Phoenix is to take advantage of the fact most of the larger companies participate in a system to give rate comparisons. The only thing you need to do is give them rating details like if you are currently licensed, what you do for a living, marital status, and your education level. That information gets transmitted to many different companies and you get price estimates instantly to find the best rate.
To start a rate quote now, click here and enter your zip code.
The providers in the list below provide comparison quotes in Arizona. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Compass Sport 2WD||$158||$272||$288||$18||$86||$822||$69|
|Compass Sport 4WD||$130||$226||$308||$18||$92||$774||$65|
|Compass Limited 2WD||$180||$356||$390||$24||$116||$1,066||$89|
|Compass Limited 4WD||$198||$386||$282||$16||$84||$966||$81|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver. Information does not factor in garaging location in Phoenix which can modify insurance rates noticeably.
How high should deductibles be?
The example below demonstrates how deductibles and can impact Jeep Compass premium costs for different ages of insureds. The price estimates are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Get cheaper Jeep Compass insurance in Phoenix with discounts
Some insurers don’t always advertise every policy discount very clearly, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous discounts you could be receiving when you buy Phoenix car insurance online.
- Drive Safe and Save – Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accident claims.
- ABS Braking Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are much safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Federal Employees – Federal government employees may reduce rates when you quote Phoenix car insurance with certain companies.
- Club Memberships – Being a member of qualifying employment or professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on insurance.
- Low Miles Discount – Driving fewer miles may enable drivers to earn discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
- Own a Home – Simply owning a home can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
We need to note that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way. But any discount will help lower your policy premium.
The best insurance companies and the discounts they provide are shown below.
- State Farm may offer discounts for passive restraint, anti-theft, defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including mySafetyValet, good driver, air bags, TimeAway discount, and good student.
- AAA may have discounts that include good student, multi-policy, education and occupation, multi-car, good driver, and AAA membership discount.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for daytime running lights, five-year accident-free, good student, anti-lock brakes, and air bags.
- Mercury Insurance may include discounts for multi-policy, professional/association, good driver, anti-theft, age of vehicle, ease of repair, and annual mileage.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for mature driver, homeowner, electronic funds transfer, good student, distant student, pay in full, and youthful driver.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-vehicle, online signing, multi-policy, good student, homeowner, online quote discount, and continuous coverage.
If you need lower rates, check with each insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some discounts listed above might not apply in Phoenix. To locate providers that offer some of these discounts in Arizona, click here.
When do I need to have guidance from a local insurance agent?
Many people would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is you may find the best rates and also buy local.
After completing this short form, the quote information is emailed to participating agents in Phoenix that provide free Phoenix car insurance quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to drive around because prices are sent to you directly. You can find lower rates and work with a local agent. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you would need to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Choosing the best insurance company needs to be determined by more than just the price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- What companies can they write with?
After you get positive responses to your questions and a low price estimate, it’s a good possibility that you have found a company that meets your needs to adequately provide insurance. Just be aware that policyholders can terminate coverage for any reason so never assume you are locked into the insurance policy for any length of time.
How much car insurance do I need?
When it comes to choosing coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there really isn’t a “best” method to buy coverage. Each situation is unique.
For example, these questions may help highlight if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- What is the ISO rating for a Jeep Compass?
- What policy terms are available?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
If you can’t answer these questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Premiums
Lots of things are used when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, but other criteria are more obscure such as whether you are married or your commute time. Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning some of the elements that play a part in calculating the level of your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that could result in cheaper rates.
Costs are impacted by vehicle performance – The performance level of the car you need to insure makes a huge difference in your premium level. The best insurance prices are for lower performance four cylinder passenger vehicles, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price. Since the Jeep Compass is a standard SUV, rates will be slightly more as compared to the average rate in Phoenix.
Rates also based on gender – Over time, data shows that females tend to be a little less risky than males. The data does not necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. Men and women are in accidents in similar percentages, but the males tend to have higher claims. In addition to higher claims, males also get higher numbers of serious violations like reckless driving and DUI.
Married drivers pay less – Being married helps lower the price on your policy. It means you’re more mature than a single person and statistics prove being married results in fewer claims.
Lower coverage deductibles cost more – Insurance for physical damage to your car, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, is used to repair damage to your Jeep. Examples of some claims that would be covered could be a broken windshield, hail damage, and burglary. The deductibles you choose represent how much money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if the claim is covered. The more damage repair cost you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the lower your rates will be.
Claims statistics for a Jeep Compass – Insurance companies analyze historical claim data to help determine the price you pay. Vehicles that statistically have increased claim numbers or amounts will cost more for specific coverages.
The next table illustrates the collected loss data for Jeep Compass vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles averaged together is equal to 100. Numbers below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while numbers that are greater than 100 show a trend for more claims or larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Jeep Compass Vehicles
|Specific Jeep Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Jeep Compass 4dr 2WD||87||135||58||128||124||142|
|Jeep Compass 4dr 4WD||76||114||63||99||107||106|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Why insurance is not optional
Even though it can be expensive, insurance is required in Arizona but it also protects you in many ways.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Compass has a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will force you to have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your Jeep at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your insurance policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. The average driver in America overpays more than $850 per year so shop around at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Cheap insurance prices are available
Insureds switch companies for many reasons like poor customer service, lack of trust in their agent, policy cancellation or delays in paying claims. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
In this article, we covered many tips how you can lower your Jeep Compass insurance prices in Phoenix. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Phoenix car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest prices are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Budget-friendly insurance in Phoenix is definitely available online and also from your neighborhood Phoenix agents, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies may not have rate quotes online and these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
For more information, feel free to browse these articles:
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for College Graduates in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Phoenix Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)