Being forced to pay for high-priced insurance premiums can bottom out your personal savings and require stricter spending habits. Comparison shopping is recommended to ensure you are getting the best deal.
It’s amazing but the vast majority of drivers have bought insurance from the same company for at least four years, and just under half have never shopped around. Arizona drivers could cut their rates by nearly 50% a year just by comparing rates, but they won’t spend time to find cheaper insurance by shopping around.
Numerous insurers battle for your insurance dollar, so it’s not easy to compare every insurer and get the best coverage at the lowest rate possible on Jeep Commander insurance in Phoenix.
If you have coverage now, you should be able to get lower rates using the concepts you’re about to learn. Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Phoenix is actually very simple if you learn how to start. Although Arizona consumers can benefit by having an understanding of the way companies set your policy premium and use it to find better rates.
Affordable auto insurance in Phoenix, AZ
The companies in the list below are ready to provide quotes in Phoenix, AZ. If several companies are displayed, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Commander Sport 2WD||$182||$308||$338||$20||$102||$950||$79|
|Commander Sport 4WD||$224||$450||$338||$20||$102||$1,134||$95|
|Commander Limited 2WD||$360||$676||$404||$24||$122||$1,586||$132|
|Commander Limited 4WD||$216||$342||$308||$18||$92||$976||$81|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Rate quotes do not factor in specific location information which can influence prices significantly.
Should you raise deductibles?
The diagram below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can raise or lower Jeep Commander yearly insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The costs are based on a single female driver, full coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Components of Your Jeep Commander Insurance Prices
Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, but other factors are less obvious such as your credit history and annual miles driven. One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the elements that come into play when calculating your premiums. When you know what positively or negatively positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that could result in big savings.
Being married brings a discount – Your spouse may earn you lower rates when shopping for auto insurance. It translates into being more stable financially and it’s proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Your stress level may be raising your premiums – Jobs such as doctors, business owners and accountants tend to have higher rates than the rest of us due to intense work situations and extremely grueling work hours. On the other hand, occupations such as actors, students and retirees get better rates.
Do you have enough liability insurance? – Your auto insurance policy’s liability coverage will protect you when you are found to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides for a legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is pretty cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
Premiums impacted by your city – Living in areas with lower population can be a good thing when it comes to auto insurance. Fewer people means fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Drivers who live in large Arizona cities tend to have more traffic problems and more severe claims. More time behind the wheel means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
Verify you’re receiving every discount
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there could be available discounts to cut the cost considerably. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time of purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Drivers Education – Teen drivers should take driver’s ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Responsible Drivers – Safe drivers can pay as much as 50% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Homeowners Savings – Just owning your own home can save you money because it means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car instead of a used Commander may earn a small discount because newer vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Discount for Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a break if you buy life insurance from them.
- Payment Discounts – By making one initial payment instead of making monthly payments you can actually save on your bill.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but some companies like Allstate, Progressive, and GEICO allow you one accident without the usual rate increase so long as you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some companies give discounts for switching to them prior to your current Commander insurance policy expiring. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- E-sign Discounts – Certain larger companies will give you a small discount get Phoenix auto insurance on the internet.
- Club Memberships – Being a member of a professional or civic organization is a simple method to lower premiums on your policy.
It’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, it’s just not the way it works.
Companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are detailed below.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-vehicle, online quote discount, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and good student.
- MetLife has discounts for good student, good driver, accident-free, claim-free, defensive driver, multi-policy
- Mercury Insurance includes discounts for multi-car, accident-free, professional/association, type of vehicle, age of vehicle, and location of vehicle.
- Nationwide policyholders can earn discounts including business or organization, family plan, easy pay, accident-free, Farm Bureau membership, multi-policy, and good student.
- GEICO has savings for good student, multi-vehicle, emergency military deployment, seat belt use, multi-policy, anti-theft, and federal employee.
- AAA discounts include multi-car, pay-in-full, education and occupation, multi-policy, and good driver.
If you need affordable Phoenix auto insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. Depending on the company, some discounts might not apply in Phoenix. To choose companies who offer discounts in Phoenix, click here.
Insurance agent or online?
A small number of people would rather sit down with an agent and that is just fine! One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find the best rates and still have a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to leave your computer because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. You can get cheaper insurance rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you have a need to compare prices for a specific company, you just need to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Choosing the best company needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Any agent in Phoenix should be willing to answer these questions.
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Phoenix?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
Types of car insurance agents in Phoenix
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a reputable agency, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they operate. Insurance agents in Phoenix can either be exclusive agents or independent agents.
Agents that choose to be exclusive are contracted to one company and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on what they offer which aids in selling service over price.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Phoenix that can give you rate quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents are not restricted to one company so they have the ability to put coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If prices rise, your agent can just switch to a different company and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When searching for an agent, you will definitely want to compare prices from a couple of independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Shown below are Phoenix independent insurance agencies who can help you get comparison quotes.
Insurance companies are expert advertisers
Big name companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO endlessly run ads on television and other media. All the ads say the same thing that you’ll save big just by switching your policy. How do they all charge you less for car insurance? It’s all in the words they use.
All companies offer their best rates for the right customer that will most likely be profitable. One example of a preferred risk might be described as between 30 and 50, has no tickets, and drives a lower-performance vehicle. Any customer who matches those parameters will most likely get cheap premium rates and therefore will cut their rates substantially.
People who don’t qualify for the ideal profile will see a more expensive rate and this can result in the customer not buying. If you pay attention, the ads say “people who switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” save the amount stated. That is how insurance companies can confidently advertise the way they do. Different companies use different criteria so it is so important to compare many company’s prices. Because you never know which company will have the best Jeep Commander insurance in Phoenix.
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
When buying a policy, there really isn’t a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Each situation is unique.
For instance, these questions may help highlight whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- When should I drop full coverage on my Jeep Commander?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- When should I not file a claim?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form.
Find cheaper rates by comparing often
Drivers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as extreme rates for teen drivers, policy cancellation, being labeled a high risk driver and even unfair underwriting practices. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new company is not as hard as you think.
We just covered a lot of techniques to find affordable Jeep Commander insurance in Phoenix. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. Consumers could even find that the lowest rates are with a small local company.
Some companies may not have price quotes online and these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agents. The cheapest Jeep Commander insurance in Phoenix can be purchased from both online companies in addition to many Phoenix insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
Much more information about auto insurance in Arizona can be found on the following sites:
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Phoenix Auto Insurance Rates for a Dodge Ram? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Learners Permit in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)