How long has it been since you compared lower-priced Volvo V50 insurance in Phoenix? Trying to come up with a payment for expensive insurance can deplete your budget, especially in this economy. Doing a price comparison can lower your rates and help to lower your monthly bill.
Shocking but true, a large majority of insurance policyholders have stayed with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never compared rate quotes at all. Consumers in Phoenix can save about $730 each year by just comparing rate quotes, but most undervalue the amount of savings they would get if they switched.
Since vehicle owners have many insurance companies to choose from, it can be hard to locate the right company.
Our objective is to let you in on the best methods to compare rates and how you can save the most money. If you are paying for car insurance now, you will surely be able to lower your rates using the ideas covered in this article. But Arizona vehicle owners do need to learn how companies market insurance on the web because it can help you find the best coverage.
Many insurance companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm make it easy to get coverage prices online. Getting quotes for Volvo V50 insurance in Phoenix is possible for anyone as you simply type in your coverage information into a form. Behind the scenes, the company’s rating system obtains credit information and your driving record and quotes a price based on the information you submitted. Using the web to get rates for Volvo V50 insurance in Phoenix streamlines rate comparisons, and it is important to have as many quotes as possible in order to get a better rate.
To get comparison pricing now, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you duplicate the coverage information just like they are on your policy. This guarantees you’re receiving rate comparison quotes using the same coverage and limits.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Arizona. If multiple companies are shown, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|V50 AWD T5 R-Design||$254||$518||$306||$18||$92||$1,188||$99|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and multi-policy. Premium costs do not factor in Phoenix location which can alter coverage rates substantially.
Physical damage deductibles: Should you raise them?
The chart below shows how different deductible levels and can affect Volvo V50 premium costs for different categories of driver ages. The premiums are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Reckless driving habits raise auto insurance rates
The example below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions raise Volvo V50 yearly insurance costs for each different age group. The price estimates are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Do you qualify for discounts on Volvo V50 insurance in Phoenix?
Some insurers do not list the entire discount list in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below gives a summary of some of the more common and also the lesser-known discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Phoenix car insurance online.
- Resident Student – College-age children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and leave their car at home can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Air Bag Discount – Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your entire bill at once instead of making monthly payments you can actually save on your bill.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars and trucks with ABS and/or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying a new car model may earn a small discount because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Driver Education Discount – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll in driver’s education in high school.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Having more than one vehicle on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems help deter theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not necessarily a discount, but companies like GEICO, Progressive, and Allstate will let one accident slide without getting socked with a rate hike as long as you don’t have any claims for a set time period.
Just know that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. If you do the math and it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, it’s just not the way it works.
For a list of insurers that offer the discounts shown above in Arizona, click here.
Insurance agencies can help
Some people still prefer to talk to a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from small agencies is especially important in Phoenix.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Phoenix who will give you quotes for your coverage. There is no need to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. You can get cheaper car insurance rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you have a need to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you would need to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Two different types of car insurance agents
When searching for a local Phoenix insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the types of insurance agents and how they can service your needs differently. Agencies in Phoenix can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies do not have single company limitations and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many different car insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, they simply switch companies in-house and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparing car insurance prices, we recommend you get quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to get the best comparison.
Below are Phoenix independent insurance agencies that may be able to provide free car insurance quotes.
Agents in the exclusive channel can only place business with one company like Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agencies are unable to shop your coverage around so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price.
The following are Phoenix exclusive agents that are able to give comparison quotes.
Choosing the best auto insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Arizona?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
Volvo V50 Insurance Costs Can Be Lower
It’s important that you understand a few of the rating criteria that aid in calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that could result in cheaper rates.
The following are some of the most common factors that factor into premiums.
- Don’t get traffic citations – Your driving citation history has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Only having one citation can bump up the cost to the point where it’s not affordable. Good drivers get better rates than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who have severe citations such as DUI or willful reckless driving may be required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- Car insurance liability limits – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will protect you if ever you are responsible for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Minor frequent insurance claims are not good – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can expect higher rates. Companies in Arizona give discounts to insureds who do not file claims often. Auto insurance is designed for larger claims.
- Combine home and auto and save – Most larger insurance companies give discounts to clients who buy several policies from them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can be 10 percent or more. Even with this discount, you still need to check prices from other companies to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.There is a good possibility that you can find lower rates by buying from different companies
Why you need Volvo V50 insurance in Arizona
Despite the high cost, buying auto insurance is required in Arizona but it also protects you in many ways.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, it’s most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Volvo for a much higher rate and require you to pay the higher price.
- Auto insurance preserves your Volvo V50 and your assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses that are the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in America overpays more than $825 a year so you should quote rates at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
We just covered a lot of tips how to reduce Volvo V50 insurance premium rates online in Phoenix. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from the smaller companies. They may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Lower-priced insurance in Phoenix is definitely available from both online companies and with local Phoenix insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies do not offer internet price quotes and many times these regional insurance providers work with independent agencies.
To learn more, link through to the articles below:
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)