Expensive auto insurance in Phoenix can draw down your checking account and make it hard to pay other bills.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that nearly 70% of customers have stayed with the same insurance company for over three years, and almost half have never quoted rates to find affordable coverage. The average driver in Arizona could save up to 50% each year, but most tend to underestimate the amount of savings they would get if they replace their high priced policy.
Due to the abundance of auto insurance companies to choose from, it can be impossible to find a lower cost insurance company.
It is always a good idea to take a look at other company’s rates once or twice a year since rates tend to go up over time. If you had the best rate on Volvo S40 insurance in Phoenix a couple years back you can probably find a lower rate today. There is a lot of bad information regarding S40 insurance on the internet, but in just a couple of minutes you can learn some proven techniques to save money.
Companies offering Volvo S40 insurance in Phoenix
The providers in the list below provide price comparisons in Phoenix, AZ. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|S40 T5 AWD R-Design||$204||$390||$288||$18||$86||$986||$82|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and homeowner. Price estimates do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can influence premiums significantly.
Gender-based auto insurance rates
The information below compares Volvo S40 annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no claims or driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Impact of speeding/accidents on Phoenix auto insurance rates
The illustration below illustrates how violations and at-fault collisions influence Volvo S40 insurance costs for different age categories. The prices are based on a single male driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Companies offer many types of discounts on Volvo S40 insurance in Phoenix
Auto insurance companies do not advertise the complete list of policy discounts very well, so the below list has both well-publicized and also the lesser-known discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Phoenix car insurance online. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you may be paying too high a price.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car instead of a used S40 can save you some money since newer vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Defensive Driver – Taking part in a driver safety class is a good idea and can lower rates depending on where you live.
- Data Collection Discounts – Drivers who elect to allow driving data submission to scrutinize driving manner by using a telematics device such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system may get a rate reduction if they are good drivers.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may save up to 50% more as compared to drivers with claims.
- Life Insurance Discount – Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you a small discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems could see savings of more than 20%.
- College Student – Older children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Phoenix without a vehicle on campus may qualify for this discount.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you could get a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but companies like GEICO and Liberty Mutual may permit one accident without raising rates if your claims history is clear for a certain period of time.
- Theft Deterrent – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are less likely to be stolen and will save you 10% or more on S40 insurance in Phoenix.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, you’re out of luck.
Some of the larger companies that may offer policyholders many of the previously listed discounts are:
Before buying, ask all the companies how many discounts you can get. A few discounts might not apply in Phoenix. To find providers with discount rates in Arizona, click here to view.
Informed Drivers Save on Insurance
The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at a few of the rating criteria that are used to determine the level of your policy premiums. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find cheaper rates.
- Lower insurance rates with alarm systems – Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all hinder car theft.
- Impacts performance impacts rates – The type of car you are buying insurance for makes a substantial difference in your premium level. The lowest premiums are usually for lower cost passenger models, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price. Because the Volvo S40 falls in the compact car class, rates will be the same to a little lower than the average rate where you live in Phoenix.
- Safety ratings are a factor – Cars with high safety ratings get lower rates. The safest vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and fewer injuries means your insurance company pays less which can result in lower premiums. If your Volvo S40 scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov it may be receiving lower rates.
- Compare rates if you consolidate your policies – Most major companies allow discounts to people who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can add up to ten percent or more. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it’s in your best interest to shop around to help guarantee you have the best rates.
- Rural areas have lower rates – Choosing to live in less populated areas is a good thing when buying insurance. Urban drivers regularly have much more traffic and much longer commute distances. Fewer drivers on the road means less chance of accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates.
- Stay claim-free and lower insurance rates – Car insurance companies in Arizona award better rates to policyholders who are claim-free. If you frequently file small claims, you can pretty much guarantee much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Auto insurance is intended for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Local Phoenix insurance agencies and car insurance
Many drivers would rather buy from a local agent and that is a personal choice. An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get cheap car insurance quotes and still choose a local agent. Buying from and supporting local agencies is important especially in Phoenix.
Once you complete this quick form, the quote information gets sent to companies in Phoenix who want to provide quotes for your coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to find an agent on your own due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific car insurance provider, you just need to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
If you would like to find a local Phoenix insurance agent, there are two types of insurance agents to choose from. Insurance agencies in Phoenix can be described as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Agents that choose to be independent are not restricted to one company so they have the ability to put coverage with many different companies and get you the best rates possible. If they find a lower price, your agent can just switch to a different company and you stay with the same agent.
When comparing car insurance rates, we recommend you include price quotes from at least one independent agent to get the most accurate price comparison.
The following is a small list of independent agencies in Phoenix that may be able to give price quote information.
Agents in the exclusive channel can usually just insure with one company such as State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide other company’s prices so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Below is a list of exclusive agents in Phoenix that can give you rate quotes.
Eric Hamilton – State Farm Insurance Agent
10265 W Camelback Rd #120 – Phoenix, AZ 85037 – (623) 848-3048 – View Map
Choosing an insurance agency should include more criteria than just a cheap price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- How long have they been in business?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Phoenix?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
Cover all your bases
We just presented a lot of techniques to save on Volvo S40 insurance in Phoenix. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the best premium rates are with a smaller regional carrier. These companies may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
When searching for low cost Phoenix car insurance quotes, it’s a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, someone sacrificed liability coverage limits only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost, not the least amount of coverage.
More detailed auto insurance information can be read by following these links:
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Hybrid Vehicles in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a School Permit in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Postal Workers in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Welfare Recipients in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)