Want more affordable Scion xD insurance in Phoenix? Nobody I know rejoices having to buy insurance, especially when the prices are way too high.
Statistics show that over 70% of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for well over three years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never shopped around. Drivers in Phoenix could save roughly $733 every year by just comparing quotes, but they just feel it’s too hard to compare rates online. Big-name insurance companies like Progressive, GEICO and Farmers Insurance constantly bombard you with ads and it can be hard to separate fact from fiction and find the best price available.
It’s a great practice to compare rates as often as possible because insurance prices change quite often. Just because you had the best quotes on Scion xD insurance in Phoenix six months ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to one of the quickest ways to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
If you are insured now or want to find a cheaper company, follow these tips to find better prices without sacrificing coverage. Finding affordable car insurance coverage in Phoenix can be made easier if you know where to look. Vehicle owners just need to understand the best way to shop for car insurance from multiple carriers.
The quickest way to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to understand car insurance companies have advanced systems to compare their rates. The one thing you need to do is provide a small amount of information such as how much school you completed, how old drivers are, deductibles desired, and any included safety features. That information gets transmitted to multiple different insurance companies and they provide comparison quotes immediately.
To compare multiple company cheaper Scion xD insurance rates now, click here and complete the form.
The providers in the list below provide comparison quotes in Phoenix, AZ. If more than one company is shown, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XD 4-Dr Hatchback||$224||$466||$300||$18||$90||$1,098||$92|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, and claim-free. Rates do not factor in garaging location in Phoenix which can raise or lower premiums greatly.
Physical damage deductible comparison
The information below highlights how deductible choice and can affect Scion xD yearly insurance costs for each age group. The prices are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are factored in.
Discounts can help to save on Scion xD insurance in Phoenix
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you might find some hidden discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Most are applied when you quote, but less common discounts must be asked about prior to receiving the credit.
- E-sign Discounts – Some of the larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks shop Phoenix auto insurance on the web.
- Full Payment Discount – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of making monthly payments you could save up to 5%.
- Phoenix Homeowners Pay Less – Being a homeowner can save a few bucks because it means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Telematics Discount – Insureds that choose to allow data collection to monitor vehicle usage by using a telematic data system like Allstate’s Drivewise might get better premium rates if their driving habits are good.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed with a military unit could qualify you for better auto insurance rates.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government may qualify for a discount when you quote Phoenix auto insurance with some auto insurance companies.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars that have anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
Don’t be surprised that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
A list of companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are:
- AAA has savings for pay-in-full, good driver, anti-theft, AAA membership discount, and good student.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online signing, online quote discount, good student, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including accident-free, good student, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, multiple policy, and passive restraint.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for multi-policy, Pac-12 alumni, online quote, paid-in-full, and multi-car.
- Nationwide includes discounts for family plan, easy pay, business or organization, accident-free, multi-policy, anti-theft, and good student.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every company how you can save money. Some credits might not apply in Phoenix. To view insurance companies with the best Scion xD insurance discounts in Arizona, follow this link.
When should I contact an insurance agency?
Some people would prefer to get advice from a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help you file claims. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is that you can find lower rates but also keep your business local.
Once you complete this simple form, your coverage information is sent to insurance agents in Phoenix who will gladly provide quotes for your business. You never need to search for an agent due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. If you need to get a price quote from a particular provider, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right insurer shouldn’t rely on just a cheap quote. Any agent in Phoenix should have no problem answering these questions:
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Is there a local claims center in Phoenix?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
Auto insurance agents in Phoenix come in two varieties
If you want to buy car insurance from a local Phoenix insurance agency, there are a couple of different agency structures and how they are slightly different. Car insurance agencies are either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either can handle car insurance, but it’s a good idea to understand how they are different because it can factor into which agent you choose.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can only write with one company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. These agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents receive extensive training on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price.
Shown below are Phoenix exclusive agents who may provide you with rate quotes.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents do not sell for just one brand so they have the ability to put coverage through lots of different companies and find you the best rates. If your premiums go up, your agent can just switch to a different company and you won’t have to switch agencies. When shopping rates, we recommend you contact independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
Below are Phoenix independent agencies who can help you get comparison quotes.
Decisions You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Costs
A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing some of the factors that play a part in calculating your policy premiums. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that could help you find much lower annual insurance costs.
The itemized list below are some of the most common factors used by companies to determine your rate level.
- Credit rating impacts premium rates – An insured’s credit score can be an important factor in determining what you pay. So if your credit score is low, you may save money insuring your Scion xD by spending a little time repairing your credit. Drivers with very good credit scores tend to be better risks to insure than those with worse credit.
- Never let your auto insurance policy expire – Driving without insurance is illegal and you will pay a penalty because you let your coverage have a gap. And not only will your rates increase, the inability to provide proof of insurance might get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Vocation and insurance rates – Occupations such as fire fighters, social workers and dentists generally have the highest rates in part from job stress and extremely grueling work hours. On the other hand, careers such as scientists, students and the unemployed pay the least.
- Where do you drive? – Driving a lot of miles every year the more you’ll pay to insure it. A lot of insurance companies charge to insure your cars based on how the vehicle is used. Autos that have low annual miles receive lower rates compared to those used for work or business. Verify your auto insurance declarations sheet states the correct driver usage. Having the wrong rating on your xD may be costing you higher rates.
- Vehicles with better crash test results lower auto insurance rates – Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to be cheaper to insure. Highly rated vehicles result in less severe injuries and fewer injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims which can result in lower premiums.
- The type of car, truck or SUV makes a difference – The performance of the car you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a huge difference in your auto insurance rates. The lowest premiums are generally reserved for lower cost passenger vehicles, but your final cost has many other factors. Due to the fact that the Scion xD is considered a micro-subcompact, insurance will be slightly less than the average rate where you live in Phoenix.
- Poor driving habits means higher prices – Whether or not you get tickets has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Having a single speeding ticket or other violation may increase your cost by as much as twenty percent. Drivers with clean records get better prices compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers who have dangerous violations such as reckless driving or DUI may face state-mandated requirements to complete a SR-22 with their state in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
Car insurance protects more than just your car
Even though Phoenix xD insurance rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle is a good idea for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Scion, most lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Scion at a much higher rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays as much as $825 a year so compare quotes from several companies at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Cheaper car insurance is out there
Lower-priced Scion xD insurance in Phoenix can be purchased from both online companies and from local agencies, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies may not offer online quoting and usually these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent agencies.
We covered a lot of techniques to find cheaper Scion xD insurance in Phoenix. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Phoenix auto insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the lowest premium rates come from the least-expected company. They may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than their larger competitors like Progressive or GEICO.
More detailed car insurance information is available at these sites:
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- How Much is Phoenix Auto Insurance After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Phoenix Car Insurance for Seniors? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Phoenix Auto Insurance for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)