Finding the lowest price Phoenix Scion iQ insurance quotes on the web may seem to be rather challenging for beginners to shopping for insurance on the internet. With literally dozens of insurers available, how can Phoenix drivers have time to compare them all to find the best pricing?
Unfortunately, over 70% of consumers kept buying from the same company for at least the last four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never taken the time to shop around. Many drivers in Phoenix can cut their rates by about $700 a year, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to find lower-cost rates by getting comparison quotes.
If you are already insured, you will surely be able to get lower rates using these techniques. Comparison shopping for affordable car insurance in Phoenix is not as difficult as people think. But Arizona consumers do need to learn how big insurance companies determine prices because rates fluctuate considerably.
When shopping for cheaper Phoenix car insurance quotes, there are a couple of ways of comparing rate quotes from many car insurance companies in Arizona. The best method to compare Scion iQ insurance prices consists of shopping online. When comparing car insurance rates, know that comparing more rates from different companies helps locate the best offered rates. Not every company does online rate quotes, so it’s necessary to compare prices on coverage from those companies, too.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Arizona. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them to get the most affordable price.
Get cheaper rates by taking advantage of discounts
Not too many consumers would say auto insurance is affordable, but there could be significant discounts to help bring down the price. Most are applied when you complete an application, but some must be inquired about prior to getting the savings. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you could be saving more on your auto insurance.
- Data Collection Discounts – Insureds that choose to allow their company to look at driving patterns by using a telematic data system like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could possibly reduce rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- No Claims – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can save substantially compared to drivers who are more careless.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but some companies like Allstate, State Farm and GEICO may permit one accident without the usual rate increase so long as you haven’t had any claims for a set time period.
- Good Student – This discount could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Have your child complete a driver education course in school.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Mature drivers may receive a small discount on rates.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles can help prevent theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
Policy discounts save money, but some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it’s just not the way it works. But all discounts will positively reduce your policy cost.
A few of the larger companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be read below.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, teen driver, anti-lock brakes, good student, and theft prevention.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, good student, multi-policy, homeowner, online signing, and online quote discount.
- State Farm includes discounts for accident-free, multiple autos, passive restraint, anti-theft, defensive driving training, good student, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Nationwide may include discounts for good student, defensive driving, business or organization, easy pay, and Farm Bureau membership.
- Esurance discounts include online shopper, Switch & Save, good student, homeowner, anti-lock brakes, and safety device.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for vehicle fuel type, bundle, anti-theft, air bag, and good student.
When getting free Phoenix car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each company or agent to give you their best rates. Some credits may not apply to policyholders in Phoenix. For a list of companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Phoenix, click here.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Prices
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the factors that aid in calculating auto insurance rates. If you have some idea of what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with cheaper rates. Many things are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, but some are less obvious such as your marital status or your commute time.
Does your occupation raise your prices? – Jobs like military generals, police officers, and accountants tend to have the highest average rates due to high stress and long work days. Other careers like scientists, students and the unemployed receive lower rates.
Drive a safer car and pay less – Cars with high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. These vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and lower injury rates means less claims paid passed on to you as lower rates.
Too many claims drive up rates – Companies in Arizona provide discounts to drivers who only file infrequent claims. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can look forward to much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Your car insurance is intended for the large, substantial claims.
Costs are impacted by vehicle performance – The make and model of the car you own makes a huge difference in determining your rates. Since the Scion iQ is a micro-subcompact, insuring your vehicle will cost slightly less when compared to the average rates in Phoenix. Economy passenger cars normally have pretty low rates, but your final cost has many other factors.
Scion iQ claim probability – Companies include the past claim history for a vehicle to help calculate premium prices. Models that historically have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will be charged more to insure. The table below shows the compiled insurance loss statistics for Scion iQ vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is equal to 100. Values under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while percentage values above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or tendency to have higher losses.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Scion iQ Models
|Specific Scion Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Compare prices but work with a local Phoenix insurance agency
Some consumers prefer to go talk to an agent and that is OK! The biggest benefit of comparing car insurance online is that you can find cheaper auto insurance rates but also keep your business local.
After completing this quick form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Phoenix who will return price quotes for your coverage. There is no need to find an agent on your own since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you want to get a price quote from a specific company, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Picking the best insurance company should include more criteria than just a cheap price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Is there a local claims center in Phoenix?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
When looking for a local insurance agency, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents and how they operate. Agents are classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies normally can only provide a single company’s rates and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents. Drivers often use the same agent primarily because of the prominent brand name rather than having low rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Phoenix that are able to give price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: David Vasquez
4151 W Bethany Home Rd a – Phoenix, AZ 85019 – (602) 841-1421 – View Map
- Bob Schneider – State Farm Insurance Agent
243 W Portland St – Phoenix, AZ 85003 – (602) 277-2687 – View Map
- Llyrena Sherwood – State Farm Insurance Agent
3415 W Glendale Ave #7 – Phoenix, AZ 85051 – (602) 368-9102 – View Map
Agents that elect to be independent often have affiliation with several companies so they have the ability to put coverage through many different car insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If your agent finds better pricing, the business is moved internally which is easy for the insured.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to get rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies to get the best comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through companies you’ve never heard of which may have better rates.
Below is a short list of independent agents in Phoenix that can give you price quote information.
- Citywide Insurance
1529 W Thomas Rd – Phoenix, AZ 85015 – (602) 241-9200 – View Map
- LA Insurance Agency
7602 S Central Ave – Phoenix, AZ 85042 – (602) 276-0002 – View Map
- UNO Insurance Agency
3510 E Bell Rd # 2 – Phoenix, AZ 85032 – (602) 493-2300 – View Map
If you receive satisfactory answers to these questions as well as a affordable price, most likely you have located an insurance agency that is a good match to service your policy. But keep in mind you can always cancel your policy for any reason so never feel you are locked into a policy with no way out.
Different people need different insurance coverages
When quoting and comparing a policy for your vehicles, there really isn’t a “best” method to buy coverage. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
These are some specific questions might point out whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- Is my Scion iQ covered for smoke damage?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Is my Scion iQ covered if I use it for business?
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Compare but don’t skimp
In this article, we covered a lot of ways to find cheaper Scion iQ insurance in Phoenix. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding low cost Phoenix car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from the smaller companies.
Some car insurance companies don’t offer online rate quotes and usually these smaller providers work with independent agents. Low-cost Scion iQ insurance in Phoenix can be purchased online and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis.
Insureds who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, lack of trust in their agent, poor customer service and even questionable increases in premium. Whatever your reason, choosing a new insurance company is not as difficult as it may seem.
Additional information can be read on the following sites:
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Veterans in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Business Use in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for 16 Year Olds in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)