Overpriced Pontiac GTO insurance in Phoenix can draw down your savings account and put the squeeze on your family’s finances. Doing a rate comparison is free, only takes a few minutes, and is a good way to make ends meet.
Statistics show that about 70% of customers kept their policy with the same company for at least four years, and 38% of customers have never shopped around. Most drivers in Phoenix could cut their rates by 50% a year by just shopping around, but they think it’s difficult to find cheap insurance by shopping around. Insurance companies such as GEICO, Farmers Insurance and State Farm all claim big savings with catchy ads and it is challenging if not impossible to separate fact from fiction and do the work needed to find the best deal.
Cheapest Pontiac insurance rate quotes in Phoenix
The companies in the list below provide price quotes in Arizona. If more than one company is shown, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
How You Can Control Pontiac GTO Insurance Rates
Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, although some other factors are more obscure like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is. Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that help calculate the rates you pay for insurance. When you understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with better insurance rates.
Listed below are some of the major factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set rates.
Insure car and home with the same company – Most major insurance companies allow better rates to clients who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, you still need to compare Pontiac GTO rates in Phoenix to verify if the discount is saving money. You may still be able to save money by buying from different companies
Your occupation and insurance rates – Occupations such as military generals, air traffic controllers, and medical professionals usually pay higher premium rates because of intense work situations and lengthy work days. On the other hand, jobs such as farmers, athletes and retirees pay lower than average rates.
Pleasure use saves money – The higher the mileage driven every year the higher your rates will be. The majority of insurers calculate rates determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos that sit idle most of the time cost less to insure than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Make sure your insurance policy states how each vehicle is driven. An incorrectly rated GTO may be wasting your money.
Responsible drivers pay less – How you drive influences premium rates substantially. Having a single chargeable violation can increase rates by as much as twenty percent. Drivers with clean records pay less for auto insurance than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who have received dangerous citations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may be required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state motor vehicle department in order to drive a vehicle legally.
Pay more of a claim out-of-pocket – Protection for physical damage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Some examples of covered claims could be collision with another vehicle, damage caused by hail, and rolling your vehicle. Physical damage deductibles are how much you are willing to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. The more of the claim the insured has to pay upfront, the less money you will pay for insurance.
Don’t neglect these discounts on Pontiac GTO insurance in Phoenix
Not too many consumers would say auto insurance is affordable, but you may find discounts that you may not even be aware of. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of purchase, but some must be requested specifically prior to getting the savings.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for several vehicles with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
- Military Discounts – Having an actively deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Driver’s Ed – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them complete a driver education course if it’s offered in school.
- Sign Online – A few larger online companies will give you a small discount for signing up on your computer.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Professional Organizations – Participating in a civic or occupational organization in Phoenix may earn a discount when shopping for auto insurance.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Seniors are able to get a small discount on rates.
Consumers should know that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
A few of the larger companies and a partial list of their discounts can be read below.
- GEICO offers discounts for membership and employees, seat belt use, driver training, five-year accident-free, air bags, and military active duty.
- USAA offers discounts including driver training, good student, safe driver, defensive driver, and loyalty savings.
- Progressive has discounts for online signing, multi-policy, good student, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including Steer into Savings, bundled insurance, air bags, multi-vehicle, good driver, TimeAway discount, and accident-free.
- Esurance may have discounts that include renters, defensive driver, Pac-12 alumni, multi-policy, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for distant student, early shopping, multi-car, youthful driver, electronic funds transfer, business and professional, and teen driver.
- State Farm may offer discounts for passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, driver’s education, Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, and good student.
When quoting, ask every company how many discounts you can get. Some credits might not be offered on policies in Phoenix.
Car insurance agents are professional risk managers
A lot of people would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is just fine! Insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help submit paperwork. An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you can get cheaper prices and still have an agent to talk to. Putting coverage with local agents is still important in Phoenix.
Upon completion of this short form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes to get your business. You don’t have to leave your computer since price quotes are sent to you. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific auto insurance provider, feel free to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Listed below is a short list of car insurance companies in Phoenix that may be able to provide comparison quotes for Pontiac GTO insurance in Phoenix.
Susan Cox – State Farm Insurance Agent
2715 W Northern Ave #110 – Phoenix, AZ 85051 – (602) 995-2821 – View Map
Finding the right company should depend on more than just a cheap price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Phoenix?
Brand name doesn’t guarantee savings
Arizona drivers get pounded daily by advertisements that claim the cheapest premium rates from companies such as Progressive, Allstate and GEICO. They all try to convey promises that drivers will save a bundle if you switch your coverage.
How does every company offer you a better deal on Pontiac GTO insurance in Phoenix? This is the trick they use.
All the different companies give the best rates for the type of driver that is profitable for them. For instance, a driver they prefer might be between the ages of 40 and 55, carries full coverage, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. Anybody that fits those parameters receives the best rates in Phoenix and will save a lot of money.
Drivers who do not meet those standards must pay a more expensive rate which leads to the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ads state “people that switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” will save that much if they switch. That’s the way companies can truthfully make the claims of big savings.
Each company has different criteria, so you absolutely need to compare many company’s prices. It’s just too difficult to predict which company will be your best fit.
Cheaper insurance is a realistic goal
Cheaper Pontiac GTO insurance in Phoenix can be bought both online and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers do not provide rates over the internet and usually these smaller companies work with independent agents.
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how to reduce Pontiac GTO insurance prices online in Phoenix. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get rates for, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Phoenix auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from a small mutual company. These companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
As you quote Phoenix auto insurance, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice full coverage only to find out that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Much more information about insurance in Arizona is located at these links:
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for 16 Year Olds in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)