Do you want to learn how to find cheaper Chevy Suburban insurance in Phoenix? Did you come to the realization that you have overpriced Chevy Suburban insurance in Phoenix? Believe me when I say many Phoenix consumers feel financially strained by their insurance policy.
A recent insurance study revealed that the vast majority of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never shopped around. Most drivers in Arizona could save themselves roughly 50% a year just by comparing rates, but they assume it’s a waste of time to compare rates and save money. Numerous auto insurance companies battle for your business, so it can be very hard to choose a insurer and get the definite lowest rate on Chevy Suburban insurance in Phoenix.
It’s a great practice to take a look at other company’s rates yearly since rates trend upward over time. Even if you think you had the lowest premium rates on Chevy Suburban insurance in Phoenix two years ago a different company probably has better prices today. You’ll find a ton of advice on Suburban insurance out there, but I’m going to show you some of the best techniques to lower your insurance rates in Phoenix.
If you are already insured or just want to reduce your rates, you can follow these tips to buy cheaper car insurance while maintaining coverages. Finding affordable car insurance coverage in Phoenix can be much easier if you know how to start. Shoppers just need to use the most time-saving way to shop online from multiple companies.
Low-cost Chevy insurance prices in Phoenix
The following companies are ready to provide quotes in Phoenix, AZ. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you get prices from several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Suburban LS 2WD||$138||$252||$338||$20||$102||$850||$71|
|Suburban LT 2WD||$224||$386||$282||$16||$84||$992||$83|
|Suburban LS 4WD||$236||$388||$404||$24||$122||$1,174||$98|
|Suburban LT 4WD||$256||$448||$362||$22||$108||$1,196||$100|
|Suburban LTZ 2WD||$204||$420||$390||$24||$116||$1,154||$96|
|Suburban LTZ 4WD||$200||$356||$404||$24||$122||$1,106||$92|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and homeowner. Rate information does not factor in specific location which can revise premium rates greatly.
Poor driving habits will raise your auto insurance rates
The chart below shows how violations and at-fault collisions can influence Chevrolet Suburban insurance rates for different ages of insureds. The data assumes a married male driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Higher deductibles lower rates
The illustration below shows how choosing a deductible and can change Chevrolet Suburban insurance costs for different insured age categories. The rate quotes are based on a married female driver, full coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Annual premiums comparing men and women in Phoenix
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Chevrolet Suburban auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The prices are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Slash rates with these money saving discounts
Some providers don’t necessarily list every policy discount in an easy-to-find place, so the list below contains both well-publicized and also the lesser-known credits available to bring down your rates.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles prevent accidents and will save you 10% or more on Suburban insurance in Phoenix.
- Active Military Service – Being on active duty in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning a home in Phoenix can save a few bucks because owning a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Options like air bags or motorized seat belts could see savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Payment Method – By paying your entire bill at once rather than paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Phoenix drivers who stay claim-free get the best insurance rates when compared to accident-prone drivers.
- College Student Discount – College-age children who are attending college and don’t have a car could get you a discount.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Most cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Some of the larger companies that have some of the above discounts include:
Before you buy a policy, ask every insurance company how you can save money. Some discounts may not apply to policies in your state. If you would like to see a list of providers who offer discounts in Arizona, click this link.
Good Decisions Result in Lower Insurance Prices
Lots of things are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, but others are not as apparent like your vehicle usage or your commute time.
Shown below are just a few of the factors insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
- Your address can modify premiums – Choosing to live in less populated areas is a positive aspect when shopping for auto insurance. Fewer drivers means fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate. Residents of big cities have congested traffic and higher rates of accident claims. The longer drive time means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Keep the miles off and save – The more miles you rack up on your Chevy each year the higher your rates will be. Many insurance companies charge rates partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks that do not get driven very much can be on a lower rate level as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Improper usage on your Suburban can result in significantly higher rates. Ask your agent if your insurance policy properly reflects the proper vehicle usage, because it can save money.
- How your age affects premiums – Older insureds tend to be more responsible, file fewer claims, and are generally more financially stable.Young drivers have been known to be less responsible when driving therefore insurance rates are much higher.
- Responsible credit means lower costs – Credit history will be a significant factor in determining premium rates. So if your credit rating can use some improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your Chevrolet Suburban by taking the time to improve your credit score. Insureds that have good credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers with worse credit.
- Insurance losses for a Chevy Suburban – Companies analyze historical claim data to calculate a price that offsets possible losses. Vehicles that historically have higher frequency or amount of claims will have higher rates. The table below outlines the insurance loss data used by companies for Chevy Suburban vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles combined as an average is considered to be 100. Numbers under 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while values over 100 point to more losses or tendency to have larger claims.
Chevrolet Suburban Insurance Loss Statistics
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Suburban 1500 4dr 2WD 90 92 90 67 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 4dr 4WD 109 113 124 72 70
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Local agents and insurance
Some consumers still like to have an agent’s advice and doing so can bring peace of mind Agents are highly skilled in risk management and will help you if you have claims. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is you may find cheap insurance rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from local agencies is definitely important in Phoenix.
Upon completion of this quick form, your insurance data is submitted to participating agents in Phoenix that can provide free Phoenix auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to drive around as quotes are delivered to you instantly. If you wish to quote rates from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
If you want a local Phoenix insurance agent, there are two types of insurance agents and how they are slightly different. Agents in Phoenix can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both types can write insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know the difference between them since it could factor into which agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents are not employed by any specific company and that enables them to quote your coverage with an assortment of companies and potentially find a lower price. If premiums increase, the business is moved internally and you won’t have to switch agencies. When comparing rate quotes, you absolutely need to get quotes from a couple of independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agents in Phoenix that may be able to give price quotes.
These type of agents work for only one company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and AAA. They generally cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they really need to provide good service. They are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agencies in Phoenix willing to provide price quotes.
Jim Nork – State Farm Insurance Agent
1600 W Camelback Rd #1a – Phoenix, AZ 85015 – (602) 222-9400 – View Map
Selecting an car insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
Upon receiving reasonable responses to any questions you may have in addition to an acceptable price estimate, it’s possible that you found an insurance agency that is reputable and can adequately provide insurance.
Don’t give up on cheaper premiums
When buying insurance coverage, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price and still be able to protect your assets.
You just learned a lot of information how to compare Chevy Suburban insurance prices in Phoenix. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the higher your chance of finding affordable Phoenix auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. These smaller insurers may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be found in these articles:
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for High School Students in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Subaru Outback in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Used Cars in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Phoenix Auto Insurance for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)