Are you regretting the purchase of an underperforming, overpriced auto insurance policy? Believe me when I say many Phoenix consumers are in the same pinch.
It’s hard to fathom, but most auto insurance customers renewed their policy with the same company for well over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. Phoenix insurance shoppers could save themselves as much as $730 a year, but most just don’t grasp how much money they would save if they switched to a more affordable policy.
There is such a variety of car insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and even though it’s nice to have a selection, so many choices can make it hard to compare rates for Subaru BRZ insurance in Phoenix.
Best companies for Subaru BRZ insurance
The companies in the list below can provide price comparisons in Arizona. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Take policy discounts and save on Subaru BRZ insurance in Phoenix
Car insurance is not cheap, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that may help make it more affordable. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of quoting, but once in a while a discount must be specifically requested in order for you to get them.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being on active duty in the military could mean lower prices.
- Waiver for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident without raising rates as long as you don’t have any claims before the accident.
- E-sign – Many insurance companies will give a small break just for signing your application on their website.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down on your Subaru could qualify for substantially lower rates.
- Telematics Discount – Phoenix drivers who agree to allow driving data submission to study driving patterns through the use of a telematics system such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could save a few bucks if they have good driving habits.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give a break if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Senior Discount – Mature drivers may qualify for a slight reduction on a Phoenix auto insurance quote.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less than their less cautious counterparts.
As a sidenote, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you aren’t that lucky.
A list of companies and some of the discounts can be read below.
- GEICO has discounts for air bags, good student, multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, and federal employee.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has savings for good student, company car, group or association, safe vehicle, paid in full, and multi-policy.
- American Family offers discounts including good student, TimeAway discount, bundled insurance, accident-free, mySafetyValet, air bags, and defensive driver.
- Esurance includes discounts for online quote, defensive driver, online shopper, multi-car, anti-lock brakes, Pac-12 alumni, and homeowner.
- Progressive discounts include good student, homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
- State Farm offers discounts for good driver, passive restraint, defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, driver’s education, and good student.
- AAA may include discounts for good driver, pay-in-full, multi-policy, multi-car, anti-theft, AAA membership discount, and good student.
When quoting, ask each company to apply every possible discount. Savings may not apply to policyholders in your area.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
Always remember that when buying a policy, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Each situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- What does medical payments cover?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- When should I drop full coverage on my Subaru BRZ?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Can’t I compare rate quotes from local Phoenix car insurance agents?
A small number of people still like to get advice from a local agent and that is not a bad decision A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain lower rates but also keep your business local. Supporting local insurance agencies is still important in Phoenix.
After filling out this quick form, the quote information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Phoenix who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your computer because prices are sent immediately to you. You can find the lowest rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you wish to compare prices for a specific company, you would need to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
If you need to find a good insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agencies that you can select. Auto insurance agencies are categorized either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
These type of agents are not restricted to one company and that allows them to write policies through many different auto insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move your policy to a different company which is easy for the insured.
If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, you will definitely want to compare prices from several independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Phoenix that may be able to provide competitive price quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can only provide pricing for a single company like Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. They generally cannot shop your coverage around so they have no alternatives for high prices. They are highly trained on their company’s products which can be an advantage.
The following are Phoenix exclusive insurance agencies willing to provide price quote information.
Susan Cox – State Farm Insurance Agent
2715 W Northern Ave #110 – Phoenix, AZ 85051 – (602) 995-2821 – View Map
Jim Nork – State Farm Insurance Agent
1600 W Camelback Rd #1a – Phoenix, AZ 85015 – (602) 222-9400 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Phoenix?
- What companies can they write with?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
After you get reasonable responses to these questions as well as an affordable premium quote, chances are good that you have found an insurance agency that is a good match to adequately provide auto insurance.
In this article, we covered a lot of tips how to lower your Subaru BRZ insurance auto insurance rates in Phoenix. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get premium rates for, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from the smaller companies.
Some car insurance companies may not have rate quotes online and usually these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies. Cheaper Subaru BRZ insurance in Phoenix is available on the web and from local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
Insureds leave their current company for a variety of reasons including delays in paying claims, questionable increases in premium, delays in responding to claim requests or high rates after DUI convictions. Regardless of your reason, switching companies is not as difficult as it may seem.
Much more information about car insurance in Arizona can be found at these links:
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Phoenix Car Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Male? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Used Cars in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Immigrants in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Young Drivers in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Phoenix Auto Insurance for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)