Are you at wits end from trying to scrape together enough money to pay high insurance rates every month? Your situation is no different than the majority of other people in Arizona.
A recent insurance study revealed that most insurance buyers have bought insurance from the same company for over three years, and 38% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. With the average insurance premium being $1,580, Arizona drivers could save up to $700 every year, but they won’t spend time to go online and compare rates. Numerous auto insurance companies battle for your insurance dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates to get the cheapest price on Saturn Outlook insurance in Phoenix.
If you are insured now or just want a better rate, use these cost-cutting techniques to reduce the price you pay and still get good coverage. Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Phoenix is really not that difficult. Shoppers only need an understanding of the proper methods to compare company rates on the web.
The car insurance companies shown below provide price comparisons in Arizona. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Outlook XE 2WD||$124||$204||$282||$16||$84||$710||$59|
|Outlook XV 2WD||$156||$278||$390||$24||$116||$964||$80|
|Outlook XE Premium 2WD||$280||$520||$390||$24||$116||$1,330||$111|
|Outlook XE AWD||$204||$364||$314||$18||$94||$994||$83|
|Outlook XE Premium AWD||$250||$474||$338||$20||$102||$1,184||$99|
|Outlook XR-L 2WD||$206||$290||$392||$24||$118||$1,030||$86|
|Outlook XR-L AWD||$250||$450||$338||$20||$102||$1,160||$97|
|Outlook XR-L Premium 2WD||$312||$620||$390||$24||$116||$1,462||$122|
|Outlook XR-L Premium AWD||$324||$548||$300||$18||$90||$1,280||$107|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, and claim-free. Price information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can change price quotes significantly.
Violations and accidents raise rates
The diagram below shows how traffic citations and fender-benders increase Saturn Outlook car insurance costs for each different age category. The premiums assume a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Why car insurance is not optional
Despite the high insurance cost for a Saturn Outlook in Phoenix, insuring your vehicle serves an important purpose.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Outlook with a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will require that you carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may insure your Saturn at a much higher premium rate and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your Outlook definitely exceed the cost, especially for larger claims. But the average American driver is overpaying over $825 a year so compare quotes from several companies at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
You may qualify for discounts for Saturn Outlook insurance in Phoenix
Not too many consumers would say auto insurance is affordable, but you may qualify for discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some of these discounts will be visible at quote time, but less common discounts must be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you could be saving more on your auto insurance.
- E-sign – A handful of companies give back up to $50 get Phoenix car insurance digitally online.
- Claim-Free Discount – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims can save substantially as compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying coverage for more than one vehicle with the same auto insurance company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Government Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote Phoenix car insurance depending on your company.
- Club Memberships – Having an affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could qualify you for a break on your next renewal.
- Student Discounts – Excelling in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. You can use this discount normally up to age 25.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Saturn can qualify you for lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all occupants to fasten their seat belts can save up to 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few companies give discounts for signing up prior to your current Outlook insurance policy expiration. It can save you around 10%.
Remember that many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
A list of auto insurance companies and their offered discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm offers discounts including Steer Clear safe driver discount, driver’s education, defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, and student away at school.
- Esurance offers discounts for online shopper, claim free, good student, safety device, and renters.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for continuous coverage, online signing, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including newly retired, preferred payment discount, newly married, new graduate, and multi-car.
- Auto-Owners Insurance discounts include safe vehicle, paid in full, multi-policy, safe driver, anti-theft, and anti-lock brakes.
- GEICO includes discounts for membership and employees, defensive driver, military active duty, air bags, anti-theft, and daytime running lights.
Before buying, ask every insurance company what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts might not be available to policyholders in your area. To locate auto insurance companies with the best discounts in Phoenix, follow this link.
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
When quoting and comparing coverage, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What is GAP insurance?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Are insurance agents obsolete?
Many people would prefer to get advice from a local agent and that can be a smart move Agents can help you choose the best coverages and help submit paperwork. A good thing about getting online price quotes is you can get the best rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying from small agencies is important particularly in Phoenix.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, the coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area that can provide free Phoenix car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent directly to your email. If you want to quote rates from a specific car insurance provider, just search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Different types of car insurance agents in Phoenix
When researching a local Phoenix insurance agent, there are a couple of types of insurance agents and how they operate. Agencies in Phoenix are classified as either exclusive or independent. Both types of agents can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s worth mentioning why they differ since it can affect which type of agent you select.
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
These agents are not employed by any specific company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If prices rise, they can switch companies in-house which makes it simple for you. If you are comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to include price quotes from a few independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
Shown below are Phoenix independent insurance agencies that may be able to give pricing information.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. They are unable to place coverage with different providers so keep that in mind. They are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage.
Below is a short list of exclusive agents in Phoenix that are able to give price quote information.
Gunther Perdomo Llana – State Farm Insurance Agent
2040 E Bell Rd #110 – Phoenix, AZ 85022 – (602) 971-8488 – View Map
Choosing the best car insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Arizona?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
Insurance coverage options for a Saturn Outlook
Understanding the coverages of your insurance policy helps when choosing the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Insurance terms can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
This will pay to fix damage to your Outlook resulting from a collision with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for claims like driving through your garage door, hitting a parking meter and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to raise the deductible on your Outlook to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for things like damage from a tornado or hurricane, theft, damage from flooding, a broken windshield and fire damage. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Liability auto insurance
This protects you from damage that occurs to other people or property. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 15/30/10 that means you have $15,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $30,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $10,000. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit which limits claims to one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability can pay for things such as emergency aid, medical expenses, court costs and medical services. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford. Arizona requires drivers to carry at least 15/30/10 but you should consider buying more liability than the minimum.
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Saturn Outlook.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (which is 15/30/10), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Usually these limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Medical costs insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for short-term medical expenses for things like EMT expenses, surgery, dental work and nursing services. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers all vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Smart shoppers get results
Consumers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including denial of a claim, lack of trust in their agent, not issuing a premium refund and extreme rates for teen drivers. Whatever your reason, choosing a new insurance company is less work than it seems.
A few companies do not offer online rate quotes and these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agents. Cheaper auto insurance in Phoenix is definitely available from both online companies and from local agencies, and you should compare rates from both so you have a total pricing picture.
We covered some good ideas how you can reduce Saturn Outlook insurance premium rates online in Phoenix. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Saturn Outlook insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on auto insurance is with a lesser-known regional company.
Additional auto insurance information is located on the following sites:
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- How Much are Phoenix Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Uber Drivers in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)