I can’t think of anyone who fancies paying their premiums for insurance, especially when the cost is too high.
Unfortunately, the vast majority of consumers have remained with the same insurance company for well over three years, and just under half have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. Many consumers in Arizona could save about $730 every year, but most just don’t grasp how much they could save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
With so many companies and agents to choose from, it can be impossible to find a more affordable insurance company.
You should make it a habit to get comparison quotes quite often since insurance rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Even if you got the best premium rates on Nissan Quest insurance in Phoenix a couple years back you can probably find a better price now. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because you’re going to learn one of the quickest ways to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
Locating the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Phoenix is not that difficult. If you are already insured, you will most likely be able to find better prices using these methods. But Arizona consumers can benefit by having an understanding of the methods companies use to determine how much to charge and take advantage of how the system works.
How Insurance Providers Determine Nissan Quest Insurance Rates
Multiple criteria are used when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, although some other factors are not as apparent such as your marital status or your commute time.
The items below are some of the items used by your company to calculate premiums.
- Performance affects costs – The type of vehicle you are insuring makes a significant difference in how high your rates are. The lowest rates will normally be found when insuring lower performance four cylinder passenger vehicles, but there are many factors that impact the final cost. Because the Nissan Quest is considered a van and minivan, insuring your vehicle will cost similar in price when compared to the average rates in Phoenix.
- Filing insurance claims can cost you – Companies in Arizona give the lowest premiums to policyholders who do not file claims often. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can expect higher rates. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of claims that pose a financial burden.
- Never let your policy expire – Not having insurance is a big no-no and any future policy may cost more because you let your coverage have a gap. And not only will your rates increase, the inability to provide proof of insurance could result in a steep fine or even jail time.
- Safeguard your assets with liability insurance – Liability coverage is the coverage that protects you if you are responsible for an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides you with a defense in court starting from day one. Liability is cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Low stress job equals lower premiums – Jobs like lawyers, airline pilots, and emergency personnel have higher average rates in part from high stress levels and long work days. On the other hand, careers like farmers, historians and retirees receive lower rates.
- More than one policy can earn a discount – Lots of companies provide better rates to people that purchase more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it’s still a good idea to check prices from other companies to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Insurance loss data for Nissan Quest vehicles – Insurers study historical loss data in order to profitably underwrite each model. Models that the data determines to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have higher rates for specific coverages. The table below demonstrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Nissan Quest vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together equals 100. Numbers under 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while percentage numbers above 100 show a trend for more claims or larger claims.
Nissan Quest Insurance Loss Statistics
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan Quest 96 103 94 120 115 98
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Most of the larger companies allow you to get price estimates directly from their websites. Getting online quotes for Nissan Quest insurance in Phoenix is pretty painless as you just enter your coverage preferences into the quote form. When the form is submitted, the quote system gets your driving and credit reports and quotes a price determined by many factors. The ability to get online quotes for Nissan Quest insurance in Phoenix simplifies rate comparisons, and it’s necessary to get many rate quotes in order to get a lower rate.
To quickly compare rates now, take a look at the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you input the insurance coverages identical to your current policy. This guarantees you’re receiving rate quotes for similar insurance coverage.
The following companies offer price quotes in Arizona. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Insurance companies are expert advertisers
GEICO, State Farm and Progressive seem to constantly run television and radio advertisements. All the ads make the point about how much you will save just by moving your coverage to them. How is it possible that every company can charge you a lower premium? It’s all in the numbers.
Insurance companies have an ideal profile for the type of insured that will generate a profit. One example of a profitable insured might have to be between the ages of 30 and 50, has a clear driving record, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. Any new insured that fits those parameters gets the lowest rates as well as save quite a bit of money when switching.
Insureds who do not match the requirements may be required to pay a more expensive rate which usually ends up with the customer buying from someone else. The trick is to say “people who switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” save that much when switching. That’s why companies can truthfully make the claims of big savings. Because each company has a different risk profile, you absolutely need to get as many free Phoenix auto insurance quotes as possible. It’s just too difficult to predict the company that will have the lowest Nissan Quest insurance in Phoenix.
Here’s why car insurance is not optional
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Phoenix, insuring your vehicle is not optional due to several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Nissan, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may insure your Nissan at a much higher rate and make you pay the higher premium.
- Car insurance preserves both your assets and your Nissan Quest. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having car insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly when you have a large claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is wasting up to $750 every year so compare rate quotes once a year at a minimum to save money.
Phoenix insurance discounts for a Nissan Quest
Some insurance providers don’t list all available discounts very clearly, so the list below contains some of the more common and the more hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Phoenix auto insurance online.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Seniors could receive lower premium rates.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or former government employment could provide a small rate reduction depending on your car insurance provider.
- Driver’s Ed – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully take a driver’s education course in school.
- Early Payment Discounts – By paying your entire bill at once instead of paying each month you can actually save on your bill.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a lower premium rate if you buy a life policy as well.
- Student in College – Older children who live away from home at college and leave their car at home could get you a discount.
- Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will allow you to have one accident without the usual rate increase if you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
Remember that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Despite the appearance that you could get a free car insurance policy, it’s just not the way it works.
The best car insurance companies and their possible discounts can be read below.
- American Family may have discounts that include good driver, multi-vehicle, bundled insurance, mySafetyValet, defensive driver, TimeAway discount, and good student.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for renewal discount, safe driver, good student, youthful driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and 55 and retired.
- State Farm has discounts for driver’s education, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, and anti-theft.
- Travelers may offer discounts for payment discounts, home ownership, new car, good student, IntelliDrive, multi-policy, and early quote.
- The Hartford offers discounts for anti-theft, bundle, driver training, defensive driver, good student, vehicle fuel type, and air bag.
- GEICO may include discounts for air bags, seat belt use, federal employee, multi-vehicle, emergency military deployment, and military active duty.
- Progressive discounts include good student, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-policy, homeowner, and online quote discount.
Double check with each insurance company to give you their best rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply in your area. If you would like to view car insurance companies who offer discounts in Phoenix, click here to view.
Comparing rates from local Phoenix auto insurance agents
A lot of people just want to talk to a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheaper premium rates and still choose a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to visit any agencies because prices are sent to you instantly. You can find lower rates and a licensed agent to work with. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific car insurance provider, you just need to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right provider is decision based upon more than just the price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Phoenix?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- How are claims handled?
Once you have received answers to your satisfaction to any questions you may have and an acceptable price quote, it’s a good possibility that you have found an provider that is reliable enough to insure your vehicles.
It’s not one size fits all
When quoting and comparing a policy, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different and your policy should reflect that.
For example, these questions might help in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
Quote more to save more
When trying to cut insurance costs, you should never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that the savings was not a smart move. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
You just learned some good ideas how to compare Nissan Quest insurance auto insurance rates in Phoenix. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the biggest savings come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. These companies may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Cheaper Nissan Quest insurance in Phoenix can be found both online and with local Phoenix insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies do not offer online price quotes and usually these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent agencies.
More detailed car insurance information can be found by following these links:
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 25 in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Felons in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for First-time Drivers in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)