Searching for cheaper insurance for a Lexus NX 200t in Arizona can normally be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks to make it easier. There are more efficient ways to buy auto insurance so we’re going to tell you the quickest way to quote coverages for a new or used Lexus and obtain the cheapest rates from both online companies and Phoenix agents.
Unimaginable but true, most consumers in Arizona have remained with the same auto insurance company for four years or more, and nearly half have never compared rates with other companies. Drivers in America could save up to 46.5% each year by just shopping around, but they feel it’s too difficult to do a rate comparison.
It’s smart to compare prices occasionally since insurance prices change quite often. Even if you think you had the lowest rate on Lexus NX 200t insurance in Phoenix a couple years back you will most likely find a better premium rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you’re going to learn the best way to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
Getting a cheaper price on insurance is not a difficult process. All that’s required is to take a couple of minutes comparing rate quotes to find the company with affordable Lexus NX 200t insurance quotes.
The companies in the list below offer free quotes in Arizona. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Cheaper rates with these discounts on Lexus NX 200t insurance in Phoenix
Some companies don’t always advertise their entire list of discounts very clearly, so we took the time to find some of the more common as well as the least known ways to save on car insurance.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before your rates go up if you have no claims for a certain period of time.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a break if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- No Claim Discounts – Drivers who don’t have accidents can earn big discounts when compared to bad drivers.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car model can cost up to 25% less because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning your own home or condo can earn you a little savings since owning and maintaining a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll in driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Accident-free drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates as compared to drivers with claims.
As a sidenote, most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The best car insurance companies and their offered discounts can be read below.
- GEICO may offer discounts for anti-lock brakes, daytime running lights, emergency military deployment, multi-vehicle, membership and employees, and air bags.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has discounts for safe driver, company car, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, and mature driver.
- American Family discounts include good driver, Steer into Savings, mySafetyValet, accident-free, multi-vehicle, and early bird.
- Esurance includes discounts for renters, homeowner, good driver, multi-policy, safety device, DriveSense, and Switch & Save.
- Progressive may include discounts for online signing, online quote discount, homeowner, multi-vehicle, good student, and multi-policy.
- State Farm offers discounts including Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, anti-theft, multiple autos, safe vehicle, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- AAA offers premium reductions for education and occupation, multi-policy, pay-in-full, anti-theft, and good student.
Double check with every prospective company which discounts you qualify for. Savings might not apply in Phoenix.
Buying from car insurance agents
Some consumers would rather get advice from a local agent and that is not a bad decision Agents will help you protect your assets and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get better rates and still have a local agent.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in Phoenix who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to visit any agencies because prices are sent directly to your email. In the event you want to get a price quote from a specific company, you would need to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Picking an insurance company is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Phoenix should have no problem answering these questions:
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
Phoenix auto insurance agents are either independent or exclusive
If you are searching for an insurance agent, you should know the different types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Insurance agencies can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both types of agents can sell and service insurance coverage, but it’s worth mentioning how they are different since it can impact the type of agent you choose.
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only place business with one company such as American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. They usually cannot give you multiple price quotes so keep that in mind. These agents receive a lot of sales training on what they offer which aids in selling service over price. Consumers frequently buy from exclusive agents mostly because of the brand legacy instead of buying on price only.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agencies in Phoenix that are able to give price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: David Vasquez
4151 W Bethany Home Rd a – Phoenix, AZ 85019 – (602) 841-1421 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Luke Shafer
1717 E Bell Rd #7 – Phoenix, AZ 85022 – (602) 788-5359 – View Map
- Justin Crain – State Farm Insurance Agent
6146 N 35th Ave #103 – Phoenix, AZ 85017 – (602) 242-4141 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel are appointed with more than one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If prices rise, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to do anything. If you need cheaper insurance rates, you will definitely want to get some free quotes from a few independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most independent agents also contract with smaller regional carriers which could offer lower prices.
Listed below are independent agencies in Phoenix that can give you comparison quotes.
- UNO Insurance Agency
3510 E Bell Rd # 2 – Phoenix, AZ 85032 – (602) 493-2300 – View Map
- LA Insurance Agency
7602 S Central Ave – Phoenix, AZ 85042 – (602) 276-0002 – View Map
- Daniels Nicolson Insurance Agency, Inc
4411 N 19th Ave – Phoenix, AZ 85015 – (800) 972-1893 – View Map
Once you have good answers to your questions and inexpensive Lexus NX 200t insurance in Phoenix quotes, you’ve probably found an insurance agency that meets the criteria to service your policy. Just remember once you purchase a policy you can cancel your coverage whenever you wish so never feel you’re contractually obligated to a specific company with no way to switch.
Insurance Premium Influencing Factors
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that help determine your premiums. If you understand what influences your rates, this enables informed choices that may result in lower auto insurance prices.
Higher premiums for auto insurance lapses – Not having insurance is against the law and auto insurance companies will penalize you for letting your insurance coverage expire. In addition to paying higher premiums, not being able to provide proof of insurance could earn you a license revocation or jail time. You may have to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Arizona motor vehicle department.
Premiums also based on gender – Over time, data shows that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that males are worse at driving than females. Males and females get in accidents in similar numbers, but males get into accidents with more damage. Not only that, but men also get ticketed for serious violations like reckless driving and DUI.
Liability coverage – Your policy’s liability coverage will afford coverage if ever a court rules you are at fault for an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides for a legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability is cheap compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Your address can impact price – Choosing to live in a rural area can be a good thing when talking about auto insurance. City drivers have to deal with much more traffic and much longer commute distances. Fewer drivers and short commutes translates into fewer accidents in addition to fewer liability claims.
Premiums increase with driving tickets – Having a clean driving record can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Drivers who don’t get tickets pay less for auto insurance than bad drivers. Even a single speeding ticket could increase your next policy renewal substantially. Drivers who have received dangerous citations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions might be required by their state to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) to the state department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
Drive a fast car and pay more – The performance level of the car you are insuring makes a significant difference in your rates. Due to the fact that the Lexus NX 200t falls in the luxury crossover class, rates will be substantially more as compared to the average rate in Phoenix. Lower cost passenger models usually have the lowest rates, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
Three reasons to not skimp on car insurance
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Lexus in Phoenix, insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a specific level of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Lexus has a lien holder, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Lexus at a more expensive rate and require you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your car. It will also provide coverage for medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your NX 200t definitely exceed the cost, especially with large liability claims. As of last year, the average driver in Arizona overpays more than $869 every year so we recommend shopping around at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Cheap insurance rates are available
The cheapest Lexus NX 200t insurance in Phoenix can be bought online and also from your neighborhood Phoenix agents, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers don’t offer rate quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
Throughout this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to compare Lexus NX 200t insurance rates in Phoenix. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from the smaller companies.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your goal is to buy enough coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
Additional detailed information can be read by following these links:
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Phoenix Car Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Male? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Phoenix Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)