Trying to find cheaper insurance for a new or used Honda S2000 in Arizona can be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks and make it easy. There are more efficient ways to compare auto insurance rates and you need to know the quickest way to quote coverages for a new or used Honda and locate the best price possible from both online companies and Phoenix agents.
Consumers need to get comparison quotes occasionally because rates go up and down regularly. Even if you think you had the best rate on Honda S2000 insurance in Phoenix two years ago you may be paying too much now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you’re about to learn the things you must know in order to buy cheaper Honda S2000 insurance in Phoenix.
If you are already insured or just want to reduce your rates, use these money-saving tips to reduce the price you pay without reducing coverage. Quoting and comparing rates for the cheapest policy in Phoenix is easy to do. Drivers just have to know the proper methods to compare prices from many companies at once.
How to buy Honda S2000 insurance in Phoenix
Lowering your Honda S2000 car insurance rates is not a difficult process. You just need to take time comparing price quotes provided by online insurance companies.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide price comparisons in Arizona. If more than one company is shown, it’s highly recommended you get price quotes from several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Why you need car insurance
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Honda in Phoenix, paying for car insurance is required in Arizona but also provides important benefits.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability if you want to drive legally. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Honda, more than likely the lender will require that you have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may insure your Honda at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for it.
- Car insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. It will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly for liability claims. An average driver in America is overpaying over $810 a year so shop around at least once a year to save money.
Why Informed Drivers Pay Less for Honda S2000 Insurance
Many things are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like an MVR report, but others are not as apparent such as whether you are married or your vehicle rating. An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that help determine the level of your policy premiums. When consumers understand what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in lower premium levels.
The items below are a few of the things used by your company to calculate your rates.
Policy add-ons could be costing you – Insurance companies have many extra add-on coverages that can add up on your S2000 policy. Add-on coverages like personal injury protection, death and dismemberment, and Farm Bureau memberships may be costing you every month. The coverages may be enticing initially, but if you’ve never needed them in the past eliminate them to save money.
Consolidate policies to earn discounts – Most insurers afford discounts to insureds that purchase more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, consumers should still compare other company rates to verify if the discount is saving money. You may still be able to save more without the discount even if you insure with multiple companies
Lower rates for cars with good safety ratings – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to have lower insurance rates. Safe vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and better occupant protection means your insurance company pays less passed on to you as lower rates. If your Honda S2000 is rated at a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may cost less to insure.
Marriage is a factor – Your spouse can get you a discount on insurance. It may mean you are less irresponsible and it’s statistically proven that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Do you have enough liability? – The liability section of your policy will provide protection in the event that a court rules you are at fault for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. This coverage provides you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. It is affordable coverage compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
Save a ton with discounts
Companies don’t necessarily list every possible discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the below list has a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious savings tricks you should be using when you buy Phoenix auto insurance online.
- Defensive Driver – Taking a safe driver course could save 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Buy New and Save – Putting insurance coverage on a new S2000 can get you a discount since new vehicles are generally safer.
- Accident Free – Claim-free drivers can earn big discounts in comparison to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying a policy with multiple vehicles with one company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Honda may enable drivers to earn slightly better prices than normal.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of more than 20%.
- Life Insurance – Some insurance carriers give lower auto insurance rates if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles optioned with advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
A little note about advertised discounts, some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So even though you would think it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
To locate insurance companies with discount rates in Phoenix, follow this link.
Different people need different car insurance coverages
When quoting and comparing insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Your situation is unique.
For example, these questions may help you determine whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What is GAP insurance?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- If my car is totalled with they pay enough to replace it?
- Do I have ACV or replacement cost coverage?
- Should I buy full coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Compare rate quotes but work with a local Phoenix insurance agency
Some people would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is a smart decision Professional agents are highly skilled in risk management and help submit paperwork. The best thing about getting online price quotes is that you can obtain lower prices and still have a local agent.
After completing this short form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. You won’t even need to contact an agency since price quotes are sent to you. If you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, feel free to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Choosing an provider shouldn’t rely on just the price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Phoenix?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- What company do they have the most business with?
After you get answers to your satisfaction to any questions you may have as well as a price you’re happy with, it’s a good possibility that you have found an provider that is a good match to insure your vehicles. But remember, it’s your coverage and you can cancel your coverage at any time so don’t think you’re contractually obligated to a policy for the full term.
More quotes mean more insurance savings
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where an insured dropped collision coverage and learned later that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
People who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, delays in paying claims, poor customer service and even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching insurance companies is not as hard as you think.
You just read some good ideas how to compare Honda S2000 insurance premium rates in Phoenix. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from an unexpected company.
Additional information can be found at these links:
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Phoenix Auto Insurance for State Employees? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Uber Drivers in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)