How many times have you told yourself it’s time to shop around for more affordable insurance rates in Phoenix, AZ? Phoenix drivers have many options when trying to find the best price on Honda Insight insurance. You can either spend your time driving around getting price quotes or utilize the internet to compare rates.
There is a right way and a wrong way to buy insurance and you need to know the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage on a Honda and obtain the lowest possible price.
Our objective in writing this article is to tell you how car insurance companies work and how to save the most money. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will surely be able to get lower rates using the concepts covered in this article. Comparison shoppers just have to learn the most efficient way to shop their coverage around from many companies at once.
How to buy Phoenix Honda Insight insurance online
The following companies have been selected to offer price comparisons in Arizona. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, and homeowner. Table data does not factor in specific location which can revise coverage rates considerably.
Impact of careless driving on auto insurance rates
The information below demonstrates how citations and at-fault collisions impact Honda Insight car insurance costs for each age group. Data assumes a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Liability only or full coverage
The example below visualizes the comparison of Honda Insight auto insurance rates with full coverage compared to only the Arizona minimum liability coverage. The costs are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, married female driver, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no exact rule for eliminating full coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s say your Honda Insight book value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $7,000 after the deductible is paid. If it’s costing you more than $700 annually for full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are a few cases where removing full coverage is not a good idea. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to carry full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should maintain full coverage.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always publicize every discount very clearly, so we researched a few of the more well known and the more hidden discounts that you may qualify for.
- Active Service Discounts – Being deployed in the military could qualify you for better prices.
- Home Ownership Discount – Just being a homeowner can get you a discount due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Distant Student Discount – College-age children living away from Phoenix attending college and leave their car at home may be able to be covered for less.
- Paper-free Discount – Some of the larger companies may give you up to $50 for signing up digitally online.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
To view companies that offer discounts in Arizona, click this link.
Compare rates but buy from a local Phoenix insurance agency
Some consumers would rather buy from a licensed agent and doing that can be a smart decision Licensed agents will help you protect your assets and will help you if you have claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find the lowest rates but also keep your business local. Buying from and supporting local agencies is definitely important in Phoenix.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your insurance data is transmitted to local insurance agents in Phoenix that give free quotes for your coverage. You never need to leave your computer because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. If you want to compare prices for a specific company, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
If you are searching for local Phoenix agents, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Agencies in Phoenix are categorized either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can handle insurance, but it is a good idea to know the differences since it can affect which agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type can sell policies from many different companies and that allows them to write policies with lots of companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move your policy to a different company and you stay with the same agent. When searching for an agent, we recommend you include price quotes from independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. They often place coverage with lesser-known insurance companies who may have lower rates.
The following are Phoenix independent agents that may be able to give free insurance rate quotes.
- American Premier Insurance Agency
16815 S Desert Foothills Pkwy #140 – Phoenix, AZ 85048 – (480) 423-3444 – View Map
- Daniels Nicolson Insurance Agency, Inc
4411 N 19th Ave – Phoenix, AZ 85015 – (800) 972-1893 – View Map
- Fasula Kaplan Insurance Agency
11022 N 28th Dr Suite 125 – Phoenix, AZ 85029 – (602) 564-0880 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can only provide one company’s prices such as American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training on what they offer and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers frequently choose to use an exclusive agent mostly because of the prominent brand name and solid financial strength.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agents in Phoenix that are able to give rate quotes.
- Severiano Torres III – State Farm Insurance Agent
1820 N 75th Ave #106 – Phoenix, AZ 85035 – (623) 846-0240 – View Map
- Arly Sanchez – State Farm Insurance Agent
1625 N 51st Ave Ste 103 – Phoenix, AZ 85035 – (602) 455-2886 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Jennifer Swenson
4731 N Central Ave – Phoenix, AZ 85012 – (602) 995-9334 – View Map
Picking the best auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- How many years have they been established?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
Insurance Price Influencing Factors
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that are used to determine the level of your policy premiums. If you know what controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get lower rates. Multiple criteria are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, but some are less apparent such as whether you are married or how safe your car is.
The items below are most of the major factors used by insurance companies to determine rates.
- Consider raising coverage deductibles – Physical damage protection, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, covers damage that occurs to your Honda. Some examples of covered claims could be collision with another vehicle, vandalism, and windstorm damage. Comp and collision deductibles represent how much money you are required to spend in the event of a claim. The more you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive.
- With age comes lower premiums – Beginning drivers in Arizona are statistically proven to be more careless in a vehicle therefore insurance rates are much higher. Older drivers tend to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and receive fewer citations.
- Insurance costs are higher for high performance vehicles – The make and model of the car you are insuring makes a substantial difference in your auto insurance rates. Since the Honda Insight is a passenger car, rates will be similar in price or lower compared to average rates in Phoenix. Economy passenger cars normally have pretty low rates, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
- Consolidate policies and save money – Most major insurance companies apply discounts for people that purchase more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, you may still want to compare other Phoenix Insight insurance rates to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
- Vocation stress can affect rates – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Jobs like fire fighters, air traffic controllers, and dentists are shown to have higher average rates attributed to high stress and incredibly demanding work hours. Conversely, careers such as actors, students and retirees pay lower than average rates.
- Male costs may be higher – Over time, data shows that women are safer drivers than men. The data does not necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. Women and men cause auto accidents at about the same rate, but guys cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also have more aggressive citations like DUI and reckless driving. Young males are the most expensive to insure and therefore pay the highest rates.
- Traffic violations hurt – Getting just one driving citation can bump up the cost by as much as twenty percent. Attentive drivers get better rates as compared to those with violations. Drivers unfortunate enough to have dangerous citations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may find that they have to to submit a SR-22 form with the DMV in their state in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- Low mileage costs less – The more miles you rack up on your Honda every year the more it will cost to insure it. Most insurance companies charge to insure your cars based on their usage. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use qualify for better rates compared to those used for work or business. Incorrect rating for your Insight may be costing you higher rates. Ask your agent if your declarations sheet is rated on annual mileage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
Auto insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Honda Insight in Phoenix, buying auto insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Honda Insight has a loan, it’s most likely the lender will require you to have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender will be forced to insure your Honda for a much higher rate and require you to fork over for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you cause an accident and are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your car more than cancel out the cost, especially for larger claims. The average driver in America is wasting up to $830 a year so shop around every year to save money.
In the end, you can save money
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that the savings was not a smart move. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Discount Honda Insight insurance in Phoenix is possible online and with local Phoenix insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some auto insurance companies may not provide online price quotes and these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
Drivers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including policy cancellation, not issuing a premium refund, policy non-renewal and high rates after DUI convictions. No matter why you want to switch, switching auto insurance companies can be easy and end up saving you some money.