Want to know an easy way to compare more affordable Honda Civic insurance in Phoenix? Searching for cheaper Phoenix Honda Civic insurance quotes over the internet may seem to be problematic for vehicle owners that are not comfortable with quoting and shopping for insurance over the internet. With so many agents and online companies available, how are vehicle owners able to even start to compare every possible option in order to find the best available price?
Astonishing but true, nearly 70% of consumers have been with the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly the majority have never compared rate quotes at all. The average driver in the U.S. could cut their rates by approximately 46.5% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they feel it’s too difficult to find cheap insurance by shopping around.
If you are already insured, you will be able to find better prices using the concepts covered in this article. Comparison shopping for the best coverage in Phoenix can be fairly easy. Nevertheless, Arizona car owners must learn the methods companies use to market on the web because it can help you find the best coverage.
Earn discounts on Phoenix insurance
Some companies don’t always publicize their entire list of discounts in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list some of the more common and also the lesser-known credits available to you.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Teen drivers should enroll in driver’s education in high school.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds without accidents could pay up to 40% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- Organization Discounts – Participating in a qualifying organization could trigger savings on your bill.
- College Student Discount – Youth drivers who live away from home to go to college and leave their car at home may be able to be covered for less.
- Buy New and Save – Putting insurance coverage on a new Civic can cost up to 25% less because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers who elect to allow data collection to track when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device such as State Farm’s In-Drive may see discounts if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings of 25 to 30%.
It’s important to understand that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you could get a free insurance policy, it’s just not the way it works.
Large insurance companies and a selection of discounts are included below.
- State Farm includes discounts for Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, anti-theft, good driver, and passive restraint.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for alternative fuel, youthful driver, good student, early shopping, and homeowner.
- GEICO discounts include anti-lock brakes, air bags, defensive driver, driver training, seat belt use, and federal employee.
- American Family offers premium reductions for air bags, bundled insurance, early bird, TimeAway discount, accident-free, defensive driver, and multi-vehicle.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for accident-free, good student, Farm Bureau membership, family plan, defensive driving, easy pay, and multi-policy.
- Progressive offers discounts for continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online quote discount, online signing, and good student.
When quoting, ask every prospective company how you can save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policies in Phoenix.
How much is Honda Civic insurance in Phoenix, Arizona?
Many insurance companies such as Allstate and Progressive make it easy to get prices directly from their websites. Comparing prices online for Honda Civic insurance in Phoenix is fairly simple because it’s just a matter of typing in the amount of coverage you want into a form. After you complete the form, the company’s rating system gets your driving and credit reports and provides a quote based on the data you entered.
This streamlines rate comparisons, and it’s also necessary to perform this step if you want to find cheaper insurance pricing.
To quickly fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you copy the limits and deductibles just like they are on your policy. This makes sure you will receive an apples-to-apples comparison using the same coverage and limits.
The companies shown below provide price quotes in Phoenix, AZ. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you get prices from several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Civic DX 4-Dr Sedan||$230||$390||$392||$24||$118||$1,154||$96|
|Civic VP 4-Dr Sedan||$184||$424||$308||$18||$92||$1,026||$86|
|Civic LX 4-Dr Sedan||$160||$426||$362||$22||$108||$1,078||$90|
|Civic DX 2-Dr Coupe||$120||$326||$488||$28||$146||$1,108||$92|
|Civic EX 4-Dr Sedan||$156||$382||$282||$16||$84||$920||$77|
|Civic LX-S 4-Dr Sedan||$98||$246||$288||$18||$86||$736||$61|
|Civic LX 2-Dr Coupe||$108||$326||$424||$26||$126||$1,010||$84|
|Civic EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$178||$440||$282||$16||$84||$1,000||$83|
|Civic SI 4-Dr Sedan||$144||$334||$300||$18||$90||$886||$74|
|Civic EX 2-Dr Coupe||$214||$428||$490||$30||$146||$1,308||$109|
|Civic GX 4-Dr Sedan||$210||$488||$308||$18||$92||$1,116||$93|
|Civic EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$214||$428||$490||$30||$146||$1,308||$109|
|Civic Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$228||$466||$288||$18||$86||$1,086||$91|
|Civic SI 2-Dr Coupe||$286||$822||$454||$26||$136||$1,724||$144|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in zip code location which can raise or lower premiums significantly.
Honda Civic insurance premiums by gender and age
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Honda Civic insurance costs for male and female drivers. Data assumes no accidents, no driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
Irresponsible driving raises your rates
The information below demonstrates how citations and accidents increase Honda Civic insurance prices for different insured age categories. The price estimates are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Lower Your Phoenix Insurance Rates
Multiple criteria are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable such as traffic violations, although some other factors are more obscure such as your credit history or your commute time.
The items below are some of the factors that factor into rates.
Insurance rates in urban areas – Living in a small town is a good thing when buying car insurance. Drivers who live in large cities tend to have traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Less people means less chance of accidents.
Vehicles with better crash test results save money – Safe vehicles tend to have better insurance rates. Safe vehicles have better occupant injury protection and lower rates of occupant injuries means your insurance company pays less and cheaper rates on your policy.
Continuous car insurance coverage lowers premiums – Letting your insurance expire is a sure-fire way to bump up your car insurance costs. And not only will insurance be more expensive, being ticketed for driving with no insurance can result in fines and jail time. You may need to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Arizona department of motor vehicles.
Deter theft and pay less – Selecting a car model that has an advanced theft prevention system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all help stop vehicle theft.
Is your car built for speed? – The type of car you need to insure makes a significant difference in your premium level. Because the Honda Civic falls in the passenger car class, insurance will be similar in price or lower than the average rate where you live in Phoenix. Low performance passenger vehicles receive the most favorable rates, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
Claims statistics for a Honda Civic – Insurers factor in insurance loss information as a way to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Vehicles that statistically have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will cost more for coverage.
The table below shows the insurance loss data for Honda Civic vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, as a total average, is set at 100. Values that are below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values that are above 100 point to more claims or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Honda Civic Vehicles
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Honda Civic Hybrid||90||85||106||105||78|
|Honda Civic Si||126||97||117||124||104|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Car insurance can get complicated
When selecting coverage online or from an agent, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Your situation is unique and your car insurance should unique, too. For example, these questions can help discover if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- What is the minimum liability in Arizona?
- Does every company file a SR-22 automatically?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Buying car insurance from Phoenix insurance agents
Many people just prefer to buy from a local agent and that can be a great decision One of the best bonuses of comparing car insurance online is you can get cheap rate quotes and also buy local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, the coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in Phoenix that give free quotes for your business. You don’t have to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. Get lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific car insurance provider, feel free to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Deciding on a insurer should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions to ask:
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Does the agent help file claims?
If you would like to find a good Phoenix insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures and how they operate. Insurance agencies in Phoenix are categorized either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Agents of this type can only quote rates from one company such as AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Many people choose to use a exclusive agent mostly because of the prominence of the brand instead of buying on price only.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agents in Phoenix who may provide you with price quote information.
- State Farm: Lynn Hennessy
4645 E Chandler Blvd #110 – Phoenix, AZ 85048 – (480) 759-0203 – View Map
- Andra Jeffress – State Farm Insurance Agent
1704 W Bethany Home Rd – Phoenix, AZ 85015 – (602) 249-1037 – View Map
- Jan McDaniel – State Farm Insurance Agent
4030 E Bell Rd #112 – Phoenix, AZ 85032 – (602) 266-2050 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents are not locked into one company so they can quote policies with many different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If prices rise, they simply move the coverage in-house without you having to go to a different agency.
If you are comparing car insurance prices, it’s recommended you compare quotes from independent agents to get the best comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with companies that do not advertise much which can save you money.
Below is a list of independent insurance agents in Phoenix that are able to give price quote information.
- General Southwest Insurance Agency
5628 E Thomas Rd – Phoenix, AZ 85018 – (480) 990-1900 – View Map
- LA Insurance Agency
7602 S Central Ave – Phoenix, AZ 85042 – (602) 276-0002 – View Map
- Rodriguez Insurance
5720 N 27th Ave – Phoenix, AZ 85017 – (602) 242-5303 – View Map
Choosing Civic insurance is an important decision
Despite the potentially high cost of Honda Civic insurance, insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability in order to be legal. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, most lenders will require that you carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Honda for a much higher rate and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Honda but also your assets. It will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you have damage to your Honda as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly when you have a large claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Phoenix is wasting up to $830 a year so shop around at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Do the work, save more money
We just presented many ways to compare Honda Civic insurance car insurance rates in Phoenix. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Phoenix car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies. Smaller companies may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
While you’re price shopping online, don’t be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where an insured dropped collision coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price while still protecting your assets.
More information is available at the links below
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Unemployed Drivers in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Rogue in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Teenage Males in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Phoenix Auto Insurance Quotes for Homeowners? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)